• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

https://youtu.be/V4wOE0Bzc8I

https://imgur.com/a/CATZLbE#G2IuEim

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/amyra1/how_to_move_silently/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/amv4u1/4_walls_1_electroclaw/

nmh788i0uke21.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Im getting really damn sick of the immediate voting before even getting into a game lately.
3 games in a row just now.

I wouldn't even care if it didn't take so long to matchmake and then load.

Oct 25, 2017
Man that behind the scenes linked be to something discussing Siege's music that then had the classic music in the suggestions

I wish they'd somehow bring that theme back at some point.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I wish they'd somehow bring that theme back at some point.
They incorporated it into the 2018 Invitational's theme (and it's awesome). I wish it was in the game somehow though.

For a long time I've thought there should be a hype sting that plays only during the character select of the sudden death round in ranked. I appreciate the minimal score in Siege, but I think it could benefit from just a little bit more in unobtrusive places.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
oh... the FPS issue isn't just me? I kept lowering my resolution scale to compensate and it was getting super annoying as a 4K player. >_<

Shoulda checked this thread sooner.

Oct 25, 2017
Im really sick of this shit, voted from 6 straight games in a row nearly immediately(besides the match I get the only two kills in round one before getting voted)

Im honestly about to drop it for good, every single game is voting or intentional teamkills that Ubisoft refuses to do anything about.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Im really sick of this shit, voted from 6 straight games in a row nearly immediately(besides the match I get the only two kills in round one before getting voted)

Im honestly about to drop it for good, every single game is voting or intentional teamkills that Ubisoft refuses to do anything about.
I can't even remember the last time I saw an instant vote out. I'm assuming you're on console.

And Ubi implemented automatic bans for TKs so...I'm not really sure what you're saying there.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even remember the last time I saw an instant vote out. I'm assuming you're on console.

And Ubi implemented automatic bans for TKs so...I'm not really sure what you're saying there.
Almost every game has someone get pissed about something who just decides to light up everyone in the back.
Had a dude teamkilling because a dude barricaded a wall he wanted to use, guy had a mic but didn't say a damn thing until he teamkilled and the guy tried to vote him.
Its every single game.
"you picked my main(and I didn't use my mic to say anything)" = shot in the back.
"My mom called me to get off" = sprays the entire team

Votes aren't as bad in regular casual, in the pick and ban its literally 90% of the matches I enter.
Don't even finish loading in.

Last edited:

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
Recently picked up the Standard Edition off the Lunar Sale, are there priority DLC Operators to get as a beginner? Should I stick to the base selection of Operators? Seems like Y1 is on sale, but it's at an awkward price that makes customers get the $20 (US) R6Coin bundle.

nank

Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Recently picked up the Standard Edition off the Lunar Sale, are there priority DLC Operators to get as a beginner? Should I stick to the base selection of Operators? Seems like Y1 is on sale, but it's at an awkward price that makes customers get the $20 (US) R6Coin bundle.
Depends. The Year 1 and Year 2 DLC operators build upon map knowledge and game skills so they're more difficult to play, generally speaking (Blackbeard aside).
However, the entire design team and game director were replaced during Op Health, so the pacing and design of operators did a change (for the worse imo).

Easy, good operators for beginner players:

Lion - press MMB for your ult, you get to use it twice so pop it when you're pushing forward by yourself or as a team. You force the enemy team to stay in place in 4+ seconds, and if not you can prefire / wallbang them for an easy kill. This guy is so overpowered that he's an automatic ban in Pro League.

Dokkaebi - press MMB for your ult, you get to use it twice so pop it when you're pushing forward by yourself or as a team. You force the enemy team to stay in place for 4+ seconds as they deactivate their phone, and if not you know where they are and can prefire for an easy kill. Bonus points for hacking phones. Her guns kinda suck - Mk14 is a DMR and her SMG-12 is an RNG hose, but her ability is great for newer players.

Lesion - pulls regenerating mines out of his intestinal tract, gives free intel and damage. Chuck em on stairs and chokepoints, great if you know the map. Bonus points for setting up soft wallbangs - once someone steps on a mine, spray the wall and hope for a headshot.

Ela - Throws concussion mines, great if you know the maps to set up some free kills. Gun is an iffy headshot spray hose.

Finka - press MMB for your ult, you get to use it thrice so pop it when you're pushing forward by yourself or as a team. Does a whole host of good things, from boosted HP, boosted ADS speed, no recoil, phasing through barbed wire, to reduced flash/stun affinity. Bonus points for nuking Caviera's ability because of her instant revive.

There are some more "advanced" operators that I would say are more or less straight upgrades to existing DLC operators so long as they're played well. However, they kinda require base gamesense and knowledge to know how to utilize them better over base ops. Standard edition is fine, add DLC operators to your arsenal as you see fit.

I used to play Siege at a fairly decent level, so if you have questions or whatever feel free to ask.

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
Depends. The Year 1 and Year 2 DLC operators build upon map knowledge and game skills so they're more difficult to play, generally speaking (Blackbeard aside).
However, the entire design team and game director were replaced during Op Health, so the pacing and design of operators did a change (for the worse imo).

Easy, good operators for beginner players:

Lion - press MMB for your ult, you get to use it twice so pop it when you're pushing forward by yourself or as a team. You force the enemy team to stay in place in 4+ seconds, and if not you can prefire / wallbang them for an easy kill. This guy is so overpowered that he's an automatic ban in Pro League.

Dokkaebi - press MMB for your ult, you get to use it twice so pop it when you're pushing forward by yourself or as a team. You force the enemy team to stay in place for 4+ seconds as they deactivate their phone, and if not you know where they are and can prefire for an easy kill. Bonus points for hacking phones. Her guns kinda suck - Mk14 is a DMR and her SMG-12 is an RNG hose, but her ability is great for newer players.

Lesion - pulls regenerating mines out of his intestinal tract, gives free intel and damage. Chuck em on stairs and chokepoints, great if you know the map. Bonus points for setting up soft wallbangs - once someone steps on a mine, spray the wall and hope for a headshot.

Ela - Throws concussion mines, great if you know the maps to set up some free kills. Gun is an iffy headshot spray hose.

Finka - press MMB for your ult, you get to use it thrice so pop it when you're pushing forward by yourself or as a team. Does a whole host of good things, from boosted HP, boosted ADS speed, no recoil, phasing through barbed wire, to reduced flash/stun affinity. Bonus points for nuking Caviera's ability because of her instant revive.

There are some more "advanced" operators that I would say are more or less straight upgrades to existing DLC operators so long as they're played well. However, they kinda require base gamesense and knowledge to know how to utilize them better over base ops. Standard edition is fine, add DLC operators to your arsenal as you see fit.

I used to play Siege at a fairly decent level, so if you have questions or whatever feel free to ask.

Thank you very much for this, nank!

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh. I would STRONGLY recommend not going for Lion immediately, he's getting changed, 1000% guaranteed, so it's a total toss-up.
Finka is also not that fun to most people, even if she's good.

I'd put ops like Hibana and Mira way higher on the list, harder to use but very very essential to own imo.

Oct 27, 2017
Are any of the Op names cringy for people from those countries? Because as an Australian I really don't want to be saying 'Mozzie'.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
You can't go wrong buying any of the Y1 DLC operators. They're all great and mix up the meta in really meaningful ways. I'd prioritize Hibana/Mira above all others -- really good guns and fundamentally change the way your team can play.

Basically Y1 > Y2 > Y3 in order of unlock imo. Maybe unlock Mav if you want more hard breacher variety.

Last edited:

nank

Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Ehhh. I would STRONGLY recommend not going for Lion immediately, he's getting changed, 1000% guaranteed, so it's a total toss-up.
Finka is also not that fun to most people, even if she's good.

I'd put ops like Hibana and Mira way higher on the list, harder to use but very very essential to own imo.

Hibana and Mira both require strong map knowledge - or for Mira's case, just placement memorization - which newbies don't have. I don't recommend these operators to new players because they're more difficult to play and are detrimental if used improperly.

Hibana might be technically better than Thermite, and in most cases a straight upgrade, but her gun is hard to control well and Kairos are janky to place, to say the least. Mira is highly dependent on sites and not strong outside of Bomb.

Oct 25, 2017
How would you guys feel if they started adding generic weapons that appplied to most characters of a similar type, if balancing was adjusted.
For example Doc and Rook lost exclusive MP5s but gained compact FAMAS, while others like Pulse, Frost, Valkyrie, Caveira, etc get a rebalanced generic MP5 in addition to their mains.

Then going forward everyone has an op exclusive and a default weapon .

Talk of the MP5 nerf recently just had it pop into my mind.

Oct 27, 2017
How would you guys feel if they started adding generic weapons that appplied to most characters of a similar type, if balancing was adjusted.
For example Doc and Rook lost exclusive MP5s but gained compact FAMAS, while others like Pulse, Frost, Valkyrie, Caveira, etc get a rebalanced generic MP5 in addition to their mains.

Then going forward everyone has an op exclusive and a default weapon .

Talk of the MP5 nerf recently just had it pop into my mind.

I was proposing to make the recruit into it's own full fledged thing who can use all other weapons for years now.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
In practice the MP5 nerf hasn't done anything at all lol. At least not for me.

Btw, have they patched the FPS problem on PC or not yet? I wanna know when it's safe to go back to 4K...

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
In practice the MP5 nerf hasn't done anything at all lol. At least not for me.

Btw, have they patched the FPS problem on PC or not yet? I wanna know when it's safe to go back to 4K...

Still takes the same amount of shots to kill on all armor levels iirc so the nerf is definitely tinkering on the edges.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we see an Elite for Hibana at the Invitational.
though I hope it isn't something stupidly themed like Valkyrie's.

Her's really should have been something more fitting/classic for a Navy Seal(like Thatcher's is to the SAS)
Former boarding gear
d6bntyo2ee5z.jpg

Wetsuit
1f9b9a56dcfac86bd049e2f80f3978ae--navy-seals-wetsuit.jpg

Classic Jungle Seal(technically in now but I mean more than a simple color swap and headgear)
dsc_2649.jpg

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No way, Valk's elite is the single best elite. Thematically great with her ability too.
More characters in hyper realistic tactical gear just makes everyone look boring. Thatchers elite would've been AWFUL if it weren't for the fact that it had his face.

I want to see who we get. I've got over 9000 R6 credits still just waiting for it.

Last edited:

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I've basically quit playing this game during the week since the Road to SI playlist became a thing. It's just so much more fun than regular Siege. In regular Siege, you either have to deal with all the bullshit that happens during casual or deal with Lion/Dokkebai/Ying combos in ranked. They even didn't put the new map in the mode, since players don't know it well yet. They should do that in Ranked too.

Like if this mode doesn't become a normal thing, I'm gonna have a hard time playing Siege again once the playlist is gone. It really feels like it added the strategy back to Siege.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
Previously I only played secure area but with this discovery playlist I really enjoyed bomb. Really adds something to the experience.