• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-342818-16/new-map-outback

New map revealed. Seems like they're at least addressing some of the problems a lot of the DLC maps have had by trying to have more distinct areas, brighter colors and less convoluted pathways. Hoping it'll be a Border/Skyscraper/Coastline level map.

I also wonder how many new maps we'll be getting this year. I hope we don't get a bad remake again. None of the old maps need a full fledged remake, just rebalances.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Hard to tell from the trailer really but they need to size down the new maps they add. Fortress was good with it's simple two floor layout and 3 stairwells, but stuff like theme park or tower is just way too big. In a three minute round you spend 99% of it clearing out roamers before you can even approach traditional siege attacker vs defender gameplay.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Outback looks awesome! I love how the character is so obvious room to room. You can know some callouts immediately, which is a good thing. Fortress and New Hereford are seriously lacking in the department. I wonder if it will be hard to breach the building considering it looks like there's a lot of cover outside.

Oct 27, 2017
I've basically quit playing this game during the week since the Road to SI playlist became a thing. It's just so much more fun than regular Siege. In regular Siege, you either have to deal with all the bullshit that happens during casual or deal with Lion/Dokkebai/Ying combos in ranked. They even didn't put the new map in the mode, since players don't know it well yet. They should do that in Ranked too.

Like if this mode doesn't become a normal thing, I'm gonna have a hard time playing Siege again once the playlist is gone. It really feels like it added the strategy back to Siege.

The were going to start leaving the new maps out of ranked for a while starting with Theme Park but people didn't like it and made a lot of noise so they changed it. Hoping the SI settings become ranked.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://clips.twitch.tv/CourteousTenaciousMoonYouWHY

Why is the observing so fucking awful in this game?

I am trying to watch the Invitational. And the above clip is a pretty solid example of about 70% of the observing.

How are you supposed to follow WTF is going on with a cut every 3 seconds? In trying to not miss a kill, they are missing the entire story of the round.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
https://clips.twitch.tv/CourteousTenaciousMoonYouWHY

Why is the observing so fucking awful in this game?

I am trying to watch the Invitational. And the above clip is a pretty solid example of about 70% of the observing.

How are you supposed to follow WTF is going on with a cut every 3 seconds? In trying to not miss a kill, they are missing the entire story of the round.
I think it would be improved a lot by letting you see the overhead observer cam at all times, but idk I don't find it that hard to follow either. you definitely need to know the maps, but since you can see both teams through the walls it's pretty easy to see what is going on imo

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving the games so far. This lead up totally worked getting me hyped for SI. As far as following matches, I don't find it too hard, but get a lot of the story from the casters. They seem very improved from six months ago. The gameplay is very scattered the way they present it. Lots of room for improvement there.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/apq4wc/no_one_call_petrol_gas_in_australia/egaosvh/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/aphhlf/thats_one_hard_skull_i_must_say/

ntyfeye1zxf21.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-344167-16/rainbow-six-siege-year-4-editions-launching-february-12

REINTRODUCING PROGRESSION FOR LEGACY OPERATORS
For new players and Starter Edition owners who have been upgraded to the base game, they will see the return of the progression system for unlocking the original 20 Legacy Operators. Legacy Operators will cost 500, 1000, 1500, and 2000 Renown based on how many Operators from a specific CTU you have unlocked.

DLC OPERATOR PRICE REDUCTION IN YEAR 4
As our Operator roster continues to expand and grow, we will be making it easier for players to unlock the DLC Operators of their choice. In 2019, we will implement a scaling DLC Operator pricing system. Older DLC Operators will be less expensive and more easily unlocked. More info will be revealed at the Six Invitational!

Oct 25, 2017
Man thats a big boned woman right there.

Considering the map is set in the desert I hope the seasonal uniforms aren't another desert camo too similar to WB's.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus that reddit thread where someone just discovered the entire point of a camouflage military uniform...
"wow, its a tactical advantage because you become harder to see!"

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The adjustments to the versions is done. If you buy the game now, you're unlocking the base ops again. The pricing for dlc ops will be announced this weekend.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
Last edited:

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Been having such shit luck tonight in this game. Team killing, trolls, and people in my team not wanting to win at all especially with this unbalanced matchmaking. Also, constant late joins. Sigh. I gave up trying to get the weekly challenge done. I must have played around 5 games and out of all 5, I only won two rounds.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Year 4 starting in April is bull. The season pass listing says this. The gun skin is always for people that buy the pass before the year launches.
kEklmXC.png

Also Ash is loosing her ACOG on the R4-C.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
The new duo look fun. Getting Scout TF2 attitude from him. Today's blog refers to them opposite defending and attacking than the above video. Ubi's messaging isn't ironed out yet.

My boy Mute is getting a buff to counter Dokk by walking into jammer range after the call goes out (yea!) and Lesion's gu damage is getting nerfed (boo!). Capitao's fire is changing. I still need to learn how to play him.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
The new season drops in March yeah, but it's possible the limited time event can come in April.

That is what I am gathering anyway. Of course, that all depends on whether the PvE (or whatever) event actually materializes or not.

Either way, I'm just excited for new ops, new map, and hopefully some bugfixes. Also I'm very curious what the seasonal camo's will be.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I just own the original physical PS4 release: what would be the cheapest option to get me up to speed- buying credits, individual year passes, or the ultimate edition of the game?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
So from what we know so far, Gridlock is basically Attacker Frost?
As an Attacker, Gridlock will be deploying her Trax Stingers – originally designed to stop pursuing vehicles in their tracks – to add a new dimension to her team's control of their surroundings.
I mean I assume at a minimum this is an anti-Roamer ability to counter Cav.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Let the leaks begin!

But for real Bikini may meme but he has been very critical in the past and not afraid to call out stuff that needs fixed. Him saying this is good news.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
So "everything" must include Casual and Ranked revamp. And shield desync. And client side debris, maybe? They already said testing for QE spam removal. What else?