• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jafku1

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
ok. whelp too late but maybe I can get a cheaper y3 bundle
clikc operators and unlock new operators. scroll down and it has the bundles of those ops.

If you need any tips or people to play with there's a discord in the OP I believe, or just post here we're pretty friendly and it's fun to play with new people and teach the ropes

EDIT: Y3 ops might not show up there yet in a bundle since that season isn't officially over until Burnt Horizon comes out this week.

But Y1 and Y2 should be in bundles. you may want to wait o nthose as well though since we're getting scaling pricing in the same patch. It may save you a few bucks to wait like 2 days. Like the oldest ops are gonna be less than half their current cost in Renown, so I'm assuming in R6 credits as well.
ty

mnemonicj

Oct 27, 2017
Honduras
I think I've posted on this thread before, but I need to state this again: this is my most played game EVER.
I 450+ hours into it and it is the only game I want to play.

Does anyone know if this is the update that will bring changes to the lean/crouch spamming?

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting until the OP price drops to grab Jackal for 10k less. Mozzie seems fun, but there's the renown grind to get to.

Oct 27, 2017
I just remembered that Comcast event map from Rainbow Six Vegas. The devs should take that trade show theme and turn it into a map.

In fact they should take more common everyday places that could be targets of terror attacks as a backdrop. But I understand they may hesitate because there could really be happening something in a place that might resemble such maps.

Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered that Comcast event map from Rainbow Six Vegas. The devs should take that trade show theme and turn it into a map.

In fact they should take more common everyday places that could be targets of terror attacks as a backdrop. But I understand they may hesitate because there could really be happening something in a place that might resemble such maps.

Lol funny thing is I have wanted a legitimate huge mall map since Rainbow 6 Vegas 1

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Operators doesn't feel like before also maybe because I clocked over 1500+ hours in the game I need to take a break for a bit now? Don't know but I'm not feeling the adrenaline rush like before

I've taken multiple large breaks from the game, sometimes you just gotta play something else for a while.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I've taken multiple large breaks from the game, sometimes you just gotta play something else for a while.
Don't get me wrong, I play many things else but R6 is something thats daily for me. Even for two games and that's it. The game gets more broken each season especially with that crouch and lean spamming. Good thing they fixed it. I might not be hyped like before but I still play atleast a game daily

Nov 18, 2017
As a solo-queueing Silver player, are there any good vids/vloggers out there to re-introduce players to the current meta and learn technques to play at higher level?

Oct 26, 2017
As a solo-queueing Silver player, are there any good vids/vloggers out there to re-introduce players to the current meta and learn technques to play at higher level?
You know, that's a really good question. It seems like most of the Siege youtubers are meme-lords, or maybe that's just what I'm getting from occasionally clicking on Ibiza's links and always regretting it.

Twitch guys like kixstar and macie jay are just... not that instructive. Like, they're good, and they play with 5 man stacks, and... that's about it. Pro League guys are kind of their own thing, and what they do isn't always necessarily relevant to ranked players, especially solo queuers. Yeah, I don't know. For PUBG you got wackyjacky101, chocoTaco, or even wtfmoses who will narrate their gameplay and go through their decision-making process. Maybe siege is a little too fast paced for that kind of content? I don't know.

But yeah, I'm in the market for the same kind of content creator. Especially someone who does really deep dives on operators on a per map basis. Not fucking Tachanka laser eyes, dancing CG crustaceans and random jump-scare noises.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Serenity17 was really good at this when Siege first started but then he just became the same as everyone else making videos composed of just clips. Macie Jay's full game Fridays you get some of his thinking but not really the main focus and goal. Coconut Brah has some good tips but much more focused around pro league tactics, some of which are transferable to normal ranked solo que played though. Get Flanked has some decent stuff, his newest vid titel:

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My download right now on uplay is only like 7 gigs...
EDIT: Nope nevermind. Now it wants to download 82 gigs. Fuck my life. Guessing that's cause of the high rez textures.
EDIT2: Yep, pausing and uninstalling the hd texture pack reduced the DL to the expected 54 gigs. Google Fiber please come to my house next.

Last edited:

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
so I'm still noobing it up and been playing a LOOOT with Rook and Sledge. Any suggestion for beginner operators I could try in MP casual? Also, should I try new heroes in MP Casual or Terrorist Hunt?

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so I'm still noobing it up and been playing a LOOOT with Rook and Sledge. Any suggestion for beginner operators I could try in MP casual? Also, should I try new heroes in MP Casual or Terrorist Hunt?
If I'm not mistaken, Terrorist Hunt has different values for some weapons (damage, destructability, recoil etc). I guess its 90% the same, so still a good basis and a less pressure environment, but casual is maybe more real. Again, i could be wrong here though.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
GF still my favorite r6 guy right now since he's a bit older and more focused on the learning/instructive side of things while also having some fun. Hoping he sticks with Apex too.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm says I got an additional 600 R6 credits for the season pass when I loaded up the game but it's not reflecting in game. I got the 600 for preordering the pass already last week.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Kapkan. It's a good set and forget kind of operator. Put his traps on entryways that don't have other important gear on them like Jeager's ADS, or Frost mats because of the explosion.
Mute too. Get your gear down and it's still helpful if you die. Jammers don't go in doorways, they go to the side behind the doorframe so they can't be shot until attackers push in (or, of course, to stop breaching put them in the middle of walls).
Thermite or Thatcher on attack. Their roles are very clear and don't rely on being a gun ace. They both are almost always useful.
Twitch is straightforward with a great gun. learn how to hide your drones and not drive them straight through the site to death (Generally applies to all drones). I heard a guy just this week, "Why are you all driving your drones away from the site?" as if he couldn't imagine drones in hallways on flank watch would have a purpose let alone be helpful.
Don't worry too much, try whatever you like.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Hmm says I got an additional 600 R6 credits for the season pass when I loaded up the game but it's not reflecting in game. I got the 600 for preordering the pass already last week.

The notifications were reset, but the timestamps should remain? At least for me on PC they did. The timestamp was old so I dismissed the notifications.

Oct 27, 2017
Did they lower the number of weekly challenges on purpose or is it just because of the patch today? If it's the former then that's a real dick move from Ubisoft.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Does eveyone's casual MMR rank reset with seasons? Because I'm getting some real dozey teams out here. I may be bad, but I'm not dumb.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Quick first impressions

• Map is cool. Already getting hang of it and not lost so plus there.
  • Ops are cool of what I played. Need more time with them. Mozzie's commando has like no recoil
  • Hibana elite is good. Chibi isn't great plus it clips into the gun.