• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Am I crazy or was I behind the wall?
Not crazy.
I mean the unwritten rule has always been not to place anything on a barricade. This location being in the 2nd floor it's not like a drone can get to it in the prep phase from the outside. I can see maybe a Castle but that door is always opened up when it's that site.
Oh yeah, that's one of those spots attackers tend to shoot at immediately. I know because I like throwing cams there and it's easy to die doing such. I'm just saying specifically with Mozzie's Pests it actually seems kind of sound to me in concept (not very in that spot though.)
I've been placing his drones on the frames around the door so maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Well the thing is, Pests don't really cover doorways like the Moni does, so that could be a little ineffective or unoptimal if you're using all your Pests that way. Although honestly I can't say I'm sure of the most optimal way to play Mozzie yet, and I assume that's true for most if not all of us. His kit is versatile but also kind of... contextual and pretty technical.

Oct 26, 2017
Outback is mostly a breath of fresh air. It still has some of the now standard design elements that make everything feel a little bit too much the same as far as how rooms that have a hallway (which will of course has a 90 degree bend in it for cover) between them usually have a direct door between them too, but just the outside not being a square/rectangle is huge for my sanity. I still get a little turned around in the mechanical bull area, and given the emphasis on full floor destructibility I still need to learn how the top and bottom fit together.

Usually the maps have to grow on me a bit. Probably my favorite DLC map on early impressions. Then again I didn't like Border or Coastline very much and I have to admit they are pretty fantastic. So who knows long term.

I feel really good about where the game is at and what they're doing moving forward.

Nov 18, 2017
Usually the maps have to grow on me a bit. Probably my favorite DLC map on early impressions. Then again I didn't like Border or Coastline very much and I have to admit they are pretty fantastic. So who knows long term.

I feel really good about where the game is at and what they're doing moving forward.

My favourite DLC maps are Border, Tower & now Outback.

Tower is unfairly hated imo, but I get why some people struggle with it.

Last edited:

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Outback is the best map in a while. Loving it. I kind of wish casual had weighting for the maps that don't appear in Ranked. I feel like I hardly ever get favela, yacht, tower etc in casual.

Last edited:

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Next attacker being Like Vigil makes perfect sense

Hope to god its not a 3 speed

Gridlock I thought would be better as a defender (with some nerfs), but she is a really good idea for an attacker. Makes u feel really safe pushing areas and traps Defenders in OBJ. Wonder if she would be inferior to a Capitao buff though because Capitao is far better for OBJ

Still waiting on that Castle buff. So many good ideas to buff him— immunty to numerous attackers, extra walls, hidden walls behind barricades, faster removal for defenders, extra reinforcements, etc

outback is great. Small, tight, and feels like an actual sunny map.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Mira is a must have defender. When unlocking operators, I always like to prioritize the ones that mix up the meta a lot... more variety when cycling through who to play.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Im still trying to learn some meta, but am limited in my operators.

How is dokkabei? Have about 20K and have been interested in playing either her, Ying, or Finka as my main on attack. I adore playing Mira on defense but haven't found a proper attacking main outside of sledge and thermite.

Also how often (if at all) does season 2 operator pack go on sale? its 2400 right now but im strapped for cash, but would grab at 1200.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Im still trying to learn some meta, but am limited in my operators.

How is dokkabei? Have about 20K and have been interested in playing either her, Ying, or Finka as my main on attack. I adore playing Mira on defense but haven't found a proper attacking main outside of sledge and thermite.

Also how often (if at all) does season 2 operator pack go on sale? its 2400 right now but im strapped for cash, but would grab at 1200.
Dokkaebi is good but...you had REALLY better like DMRs and sidearm machine pistols.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to learn Ying. She seems so powerful, but I haven't had too much success with flash bangs so I'm still groking how blinding and how safe breaching right after a candela is.
Dokkaebi is good but...you had REALLY better like DMRs and sidearm machine pistols.
Yuuuup, I've been caught multiple times not clicking because I forgot it's one bullet at a time with her. The pistols are very fun though.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/b18v7r/i_made_bit_oregon/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/b129bn/new_smoke_legendary/

xd

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/b166uv/for_yall_mozzie_short_memers/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/b13t0q/is_this_new/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/b139i2/new_jackal_headgear_vanguard/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/b14icl/new_famas_legendary_skin/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/b0ws7w/first_alpha_pack_in_this_operation/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/b15w7m/runout_denied_in_outback_available_in_the_ts/

fefi16mrx1m21.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I've been trying to learn Ying. She seems so powerful, but I haven't had too much success with flash bangs so I'm still groking how blinding and how safe breaching right after a candela is.
With Ying, don't feel bad about burning two or all of her Candelas on one person, IF you get the kill. That's how you compensate for the unreliability of flashes—just fuckin' use 'em all. Getting just one player off the board is totally worth using all her main utility for, especially if they're someone who could be problematic late in the round, like Smoke, Echo, Jäger, Vigil, etc. I mean think about it, who else's utility can almost guarantee a kill like that? The only real competition is in that regard Lion, Blitz, and Blackbeard maybe.

I usually run claymore with her and aim to use two Candelas for a kill, and one for the plant. Also, consider running her shotgun on smaller, tighter maps like Oregon and Chalet. It's one of if not the most effective shotgun on attack in conjunction with flashing. With it you can erase people in CQC ten times faster if you've successfully flashed them.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently they nerfed Ying a while back, but I can't remember how she was OP? Does anyone remember? Was it that she had smokes too or does she still have smokes?

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Gridlock is big and I don't like that. Her hitbox is insane and I swear I've killed Gridlock plenty of times by hitting her cheek. Mozzie in the other hand is my new main, what a beast!

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
So apparently they nerfed Ying a while back, but I can't remember how she was OP? Does anyone remember? Was it that she had smokes too or does she still have smokes?
They removed her smokes and she was impacted by the universal buff to LMGs a long time ago, but otherwise she hasn't been altered significantly afaik. Perhaps she's had some other small tweaks. Her pick and win delta is on the lower end in public matchmaking, so it's rather unlikely she will face signfiicant changes for a while despite her strength at high level. She is in a decent place overall, I think. She's kind of the attackers' stronger Castle. Poor and a detriment to the team if you don't know what you're doing, amazing if you do.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Played this game for almost 8 hours straight yesterday, then fell asleep watching a stream of it. Had a dream that I got an ace, on attack, that involved killing a Tachanka with his own gun.

Help.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Played this game for almost 8 hours straight yesterday, then fell asleep watching a stream of it. Had a dream that I got an ace, on attack, that involved killing a Tachanka with his own gun.

Help.
Hahaha ffs! Once you go deep in Siege there's no turning back. Welcome to the club

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I'm shattered between Mozzies guns. They're all perfect but I mainly rock the commando. That shotty is from hell too

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I dunno what it is, but this past week my aim as been way off. It's really frustrating when shots I know I should be hitting are just not. I'm out here making halos around people.

I was going to dive into ranked but not until I have this back under control.

Nov 18, 2017
Anyone else go into a really calm, zen like state playing this game? Just had some great Casual solo queue games where I concentrated, slow, methodical, trying things out, got 7 kills and bagged MVP.

And I feel totally chill afterwards. Possibly due to the short round length.

Whereas COD, BF even Fortnite, I come away feeling angry or tense most of the time...

Last edited:

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Anyone else go into a really calm, zen like state playing this game? Just had some great Casual solo queue games where I concentrated, slow, methodical, trying things out, got 7 kills and bagged MVP.

And I feel totally chill afterwards. Possibly due to the short round length.

Whereas COD, BF even Fortnite, I come away feeling angry or tense most of the time...
I started treating ever ranked game in Siege as if it's casual and believe it or not, I'm performing better.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Guess I'll take a break from the game for a bit. Especially with Apex Legends new battle pass

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
The leaving is so out of control lately. I get its Casual but people just leave as soon as they die because it's faster to get in a new game than wait for the next round.

I keep seeing new players peave though at the end of rounds and i just dont understand why they dont stay for the renown or extra percentage on box drops

Also ive started playing as ying, but im struggling a bit. I bum rush the objective and throw pretty much all 3 stuns in different directions, but the lmg does doesnt seem quick enough at quickly killing people before they regain sight