• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Not a fan of Ubi crafting every aspect of the game for high level play, but I appreciate that's the strategy they've consistently taken.
Unfortunately is the negative aspect of esport games. Overwatch suffered the same, but in the end it actually killed the game. In r6 it's just having a less useful carachter,at least is not gamebreaking.

What I really hate is not having separate balancing , they have the resources but they treat console players like nothing, even though just ps4 has almost 2 times the pc players

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe r6 Twitter pros and creators are promoting changing the game to two shot headshots. Like, let the designers be man.

Nov 18, 2017
I can't believe r6 Twitter pros and creators are promoting changing the game to two shot headshots. Like, let the designers be man.

They should absolutely not do that. Gross.

And to the earlier point, I think Vigil's ability is cool and I don't mind his inclusion, but it's a lower tier gadget that didn't heavily affect the meta compared to say Frost arriving as the quintessential trap operator or Valk and her cameras.

I don't expect them to add 8x operators that will completely re-work the meta, but in the earlier seasons they unveiled the abilities of DLC operators and I was excited to try them out as they opened up loads of new meta possibilities, but these past few seasons I've barely played the new ops because the gadgets are safe, low-key and not all that imaginative or fun to experiment with.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately is the negative aspect of esport games. Overwatch suffered the same, but in the end it actually killed the game. In r6 it's just having a less useful carachter,at least is not gamebreaking.
Do you or anyone else, have more info on what happened to overwatch? I thoight overwatch was still big? Am I wrong? I never owned a copy so it so I'm interested to hear about the history of the games current state.

Oct 26, 2017
Do you or anyone else, have more info on what happened to overwatch? I thoight overwatch was still big? Am I wrong? I never owned a copy so it so I'm interested to hear about the history of the games current state.
IMO It always got overhyped because of "quite a fan art following already" crowd and general anti dude-bro games sentiment around here and what passes for the mainstream games media.

I don't know if we have much in the way of tools to compare playerbases... Xbox Most Played US shows Siege way ahead these days, and I know it has been ahead there for at least 2 years.

I can't speak much to issues regarding esports focused balancing, I didn't play the game enough to really get it at a high level. But IMO it was never quite the game people made it out to be at launch.

I mean, it is still reasonably popular for a game as old as it is, but it's not CSGO or Siege or Rocket League at this point.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I was seriously surprised that Siege made more money than Overwatch last year. I thought OW was monstrous with the attention it gets, but yeas, like Pegasus Actual said, must just be the art/lewd art community. OW does have Lego sets though, that seems crazy. Nerf guns too.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

alu6eij3jfq21.jpg

Last edited:

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
So, where do I start wth this game, on PS4? What edition is worth it's price ? I regret not getting this day one, It may a bit late for a newcomer at this point ? The majority of people playing must be veterans.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, where do I start wth this game, on PS4? What edition is worth it's price ? I regret not getting this day one, It may a bit late for a newcomer at this point ? The majority of people playing must be veterans.
Its not late for a newcome, the games playercount is constantly growing so new players are always joining. This season they even introduced a specific playlist for newcomers. Watching other players helps a lot, but I've been with the game since launch so I can understand there 26 added operators on top of the base game ones which is a lot to take in. Also more maps, and so many changes that have happened along the way.

Have you played the game on a free weekend or watched extensive videos to know how much you will enjoy? If you know this game is for you, then maybe Ultimate edition is for you, as will save you money in the long run. Otherwise I recommend the Deluxe edition which gives you all the base operators plus all of the year 1 operators, which are some of the best, making it a good starting point and not overwhelming you with too many operators. Once you got a feel for the flow of the game and your playstyle, you can pick and chooser operators to unlock based on your preference.

Oct 26, 2017
How do I get better aim and recoil control? I'm just too bad at this point to be enjoyable.
Depends. PC lower your sensitivity and warm up with *solo* terrorist hunt lining up headshots as fast as possible, or a training tool normalized to your sensitivity.

Console get a XIM and do the same thing, lol.

Recoil control... take the gun you want to train into terrorist hunt. And move your mouse down while shooting. Repeat until you get a feel for it. Some guns kick to the left or right a little. I think right is the more common. In games focus on recoil control. As in be thinking about it before an engagement. And eventually it becomes automatic, and you don't have to think about it anymore.

TBH I trained my recoil control more in PUBG than anywhere else recently just because it's more challenging and makes other game's recoil comparatively seem way easier.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
*insert completeOperatorroster.jpg* Ahh, did it. I started playing in August doing most of the challenges for renown when I could. Siege is basically all I've played since then.
Depends. PC lower your sensitivity and warm up with *solo* terrorist hunt lining up headshots as fast as possible, or a training tool normalized to your sensitivity.

Console get a XIM and do the same thing, lol.

Recoil control... take the gun you want to train into terrorist hunt. And move your mouse down while shooting. Repeat until you get a feel for it. Some guns kick to the left or right a little. I think right is the more common. In games focus on recoil control. As in be thinking about it before an engagement. And eventually it becomes automatic, and you don't have to think about it anymore.

TBH I trained my recoil control more in PUBG than anywhere else recently just because it's more challenging and makes other game's recoil comparatively seem way easier.
I'm on PC. I lowered my sensitivity recently, but have always been a fingertip grip and now I'm just lifting my mouse more. The further I have to flick the more my wrist bends. Getting intentional mechanical movements down hasn't been that important to me in the past because I didn't play multiplayer shooters until now. I just did what felt good and the games didn't punish me for that. Should I try learning arm aiming perhaps? Palm grip? Has anyone retrained themselves like this?

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Yes arm aiming. It's part of why you lower your sensitivity, to break the wrist aiming habit. If you feel like you're lifting too much you need to focus back on the arm. Don't beat up on yourself though, it can be hard relearning this stuff and breaking habits. Just practice, do solo t-hunts. You might also want to get a bigger mouse pad.

Oct 26, 2017
*insert completeOperatorroster.jpg* Ahh, did it. I started playing in August doing most of the challenges for renown when I could. Siege is basically all I've played since then.

I'm on PC. I lowered my sensitivity recently, but have always been a fingertip grip and now I'm just lifting my mouse more. The further I have to flick the more my wrist bends. Getting intentional mechanical movements down hasn't been that important to me in the past because I didn't play multiplayer shooters until now. I just did what felt good and the games didn't punish me for that. Should I try learning arm aiming perhaps? Palm grip? Has anyone retrained themselves like this?
I rebuilt my FPS mouse technique in the last year or so and I've been playing FPS since Wolf3d... well chances are I played that with a keyboard now that I think about it... but Doom shareware was definitely mouse... But yes I pretty much went from wrist to arm and while I don't know that it has done that much for my Siege game, it has helped a lot in PUBG where engagement distances are much longer and you need extra precision to make your shots.

I'm at around a 21 inch 360 right now. I don't think I measured where I was before, but I would guess something like 9 inches max.

For a while I was doing something like an 18 inch 360 on hip, but then my ADS was set to half... but I finally undid that and am trying to unify all my game settings to the 21 inches, with the various ADS settings being equivalent amount of pixels. Unfortunately Siege doesn't really let you normalize your ADS for 1x and ACOG at the same time. My understanding is 50 ADSsens for ACOG and 75 or 1x. And then 83 if you want your 1x to match number of degrees. I might try splitting the difference and seeing how that feels. Right now I can definitely feel that my ACOG moves too fast.

I've been more successful with Battlefield and PUBG since those have uniform aiming along with separate sliders for each zoom if you decide you need them.

Anyway I did have to change my gear a bit to support the transition as well. Mouse bungee and huge oversized mousepads, I went with Glorious PC Gaming Race XXL size I think. The bungee is important too as with more mouse travel an errant cable is going to mess you up more. It never was that much of an issue with wrist mousing.

I didn't really change my grip though, I think I qualify as palm either way.

I definitely play less 'twitchy' now though, I'm not sure if that's necessarily a good or bad thing. I'm probably less likely to get a lucky snap 180 degree kill in a pinch. But general aim has clearly improved.

I'm looking to get a lighter mouse, even though my G403 is already pretty light. I'll probably buy whatever finalmouse puts out next.

But yeah you can redo your technique at any point. "I've been doing it this way for X years" doesn't cut it as an excuse. That's just complacency and comfort. Switching to low sens arm moving feels really really bad as you do it though. At least it did for me. But I stuck with it and I don't think I'd ever go back.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
CS:GO tdm is a good way to retrain as well if you want a game you can dump a lot of practice in an hour or so into

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017

Nah you're actually coming in at a great time. They implemented a noobie mode for players level 50 and below i believe. You can work your way up from there in order to learn the layout of the maps.
You'll likely die a lot from people creating new accounts but you'll have fun progressing and learning many ways to breach an objective.

Learn to use your drone ALL the time, and both of them as well. Time is on your side when attacking, use every second of it, nothing says you have to enter in the first minute. A lot of players are impatient and end up getting killed by making noise moving from a point to another.

zerocalories

Oct 28, 2017
California

i'm fingertip grip too, but i lowered my sensitivity and learned to arm + wrist arm

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Its not late for a newcome, the games playercount is constantly growing so new players are always joining. This season they even introduced a specific playlist for newcomers. Watching other players helps a lot, but I've been with the game since launch so I can understand there 26 added operators on top of the base game ones which is a lot to take in. Also more maps, and so many changes that have happened along the way.

Have you played the game on a free weekend or watched extensive videos to know how much you will enjoy? If you know this game is for you, then maybe Ultimate edition is for you, as will save you money in the long run. Otherwise I recommend the Deluxe edition which gives you all the base operators plus all of the year 1 operators, which are some of the best, making it a good starting point and not overwhelming you with too many operators. Once you got a feel for the flow of the game and your playstyle, you can pick and chooser operators to unlock based on your preference.
Yes, I loved what I played during the free week end, but I had a lot to play at the time, both solo and online, I didn't have enough time to dedicate to Siege. I think I'll take the Deluxe then, thanks!

Nah you're actually coming in at a great time. They implemented a noobie mode for players level 50 and below i believe. You can work your way up from there in order to learn the layout of the maps.
You'll likely die a lot from people creating new accounts but you'll have fun progressing and learning many ways to breach an objective.

Learn to use your drone ALL the time, and both of them as well. Time is on your side when attacking, use every second of it, nothing says you have to enter in the first minute. A lot of players are impatient and end up getting killed by making noise moving from a point to another.
This mode seems perfect! I know my way around online competitive shooters but I know how strategic Siege is. The learning curve will be easier with this!
Thanks for the advices !

Oct 27, 2017
This.

Oh, and when defending, use both of your reinforced walls. Don't be like most randoms and fuck off immediately to the other side of the map without reinforcing or placing defender gadgets down and dying within the first 15 seconds of the round. Those people are assholes. Don't be an asshole.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Make sure as well when placing the walls not to use them on bomb to reinforce the wall leading to the other bomb site. Too many times people will do this and your only making it harder on yourself as a defender if the attackers take the site.

Reinforced walls should be about taking away paths to the site, not defending the site per say. You need to limit where attackers go. Don't give them a free gift all the way to the site before they need to do something.

Also if someone has opened a soft wall, don't reinforce over it. It probably has a purpose.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Since I am kinda new to the game, I wanted o ask. Is teamkilling a normal thing?

Still at level 20 and working my way up

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Since I am kinda new to the game, I wanted o ask. Is teamkilling a normal thing?

Still at level 20 and working my way up

Dickheads will TK intentionally on a daily basis.
But that's few between a lot of good matches.

I'm near level 200 and accidently killed a teammate, super rookie move on my part since it was in the middle of a fight with the defenders. It happens

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn I love this game so much I had to move my PS4 out of the room and leave it somewhere else. Have a lot of things going on in life atm and need to be more productive. I'm 26 years old but this game gives me them CS 1.6 vibes where I would play for long periods. Can't do that shit anymore and my addictive tendencies do not help.
Dickheads will TK intentionally on a daily basis.
But that's few between a lot of good matches.

I'm near level 200 and accidently killed a teammate, super rookie move on my part since it was in the middle of a fight with the defenders. It happens
I don't get people who TK you back when they can easily see it was not intentional.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Make sure as well when placing the walls not to use them on bomb to reinforce the wall leading to the other bomb site. Too many times people will do this and your only making it harder on yourself as a defender if the attackers take the site.

Reinforced walls should be about taking away paths to the site, not defending the site per say. You need to limit where attackers go. Don't give them a free gift all the way to the site before they need to do something.

Also if someone has opened a soft wall, don't reinforce over it. It probably has a purpose.
I had a game start with rude banter, and then all four other teammates ran to opposite corners of Villa without doing a single dot of prep. "Why are you reinforcing? It's just casual." I was the first one to die on a full soft breachable site and quit out. There is a level of seriousness between Recruit pistol only and drone each other in five stack where I play and just dicking around waiting for gunfights just isn't fun for me. I'm not good enough if the game is just about gunplay, that's true. But tactics is part of Siege. It's kind of the spirit of the game. In baseball there is a rule about spirit, so like the pitcher doesn't throw as soon as the batter had his feet in the batter's box, but they both set up and engage when they're ready to face each other.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I rebuilt my FPS mouse technique in the last year or so and I've been playing FPS since Wolf3d... well chances are I played that with a keyboard now that I think about it... but Doom shareware was definitely mouse... But yes I pretty much went from wrist to arm and while I don't know that it has done that much for my Siege game, it has helped a lot in PUBG where engagement distances are much longer and you need extra precision to make your shots.

I'm at around a 21 inch 360 right now. I don't think I measured where I was before, but I would guess something like 9 inches max.

For a while I was doing something like an 18 inch 360 on hip, but then my ADS was set to half... but I finally undid that and am trying to unify all my game settings to the 21 inches, with the various ADS settings being equivalent amount of pixels. Unfortunately Siege doesn't really let you normalize your ADS for 1x and ACOG at the same time. My understanding is 50 ADSsens for ACOG and 75 or 1x. And then 83 if you want your 1x to match number of degrees. I might try splitting the difference and seeing how that feels. Right now I can definitely feel that my ACOG moves too fast.

I've been more successful with Battlefield and PUBG since those have uniform aiming along with separate sliders for each zoom if you decide you need them.

Anyway I did have to change my gear a bit to support the transition as well. Mouse bungee and huge oversized mousepads, I went with Glorious PC Gaming Race XXL size I think. The bungee is important too as with more mouse travel an errant cable is going to mess you up more. It never was that much of an issue with wrist mousing.

I didn't really change my grip though, I think I qualify as palm either way.

I definitely play less 'twitchy' now though, I'm not sure if that's necessarily a good or bad thing. I'm probably less likely to get a lucky snap 180 degree kill in a pinch. But general aim has clearly improved.

I'm looking to get a lighter mouse, even though my G403 is already pretty light. I'll probably buy whatever finalmouse puts out next.

But yeah you can redo your technique at any point. "I've been doing it this way for X years" doesn't cut it as an excuse. That's just complacency and comfort. Switching to low sens arm moving feels really really bad as you do it though. At least it did for me. But I stuck with it and I don't think I'd ever go back.
Thanks for the write up and info! I'll have to dig into my settings and I think get a bigger mouse pad. A 21" swing sounds gigantic!

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did mid season patch get deployed? I remember some Dev posting about proud they were about the mid season patch, so I assume we would be getting some big changes.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I really dislike that they're nerfing Nomad and Gridlock already. We finally get some good anti roaming in the game and it's already enough to make the 3 speed roamer crowd complain enough for them to change it.

Oct 27, 2017
I really dislike that they're nerfing Nomad and Gridlock already. We finally get some good anti roaming in the game and it's already enough to make the 3 speed roamer crowd complain enough for them to change it.
What are they doing to them? I've completely missed any new about their changes.

Since Gridlock's reveal the only thing that's confused me about her gadget was that the individual tracks don't get destroyed when an enemy walks on them. Other than that she's fine.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
What are they doing to them? I've completely missed any new about their changes.

Since Gridlock's reveal the only thing that's confused me about her gadget was that the individual tracks don't get destroyed when an enemy walks on them. Other than that she's fine.

On the TTS they're making Nomad airjabs have a noise so that defenders can hear them and use impact nades on doorways or corners to get rid of them. For gridlock they are reducing the number of her gadgets to two. It's weird because I've noticed people are already very good at getting through gridlocks fast, just shooting a straight line through and running.

Oct 29, 2017

My reply from the reddit thread on this very topic.

As a fairly new player to siege (roughly a month) I have to say that no, the head shot mechanic does not need to be removed. It is a core gameplay mechanic of this game and if I reflect on it, probably one of the features I like the most about the game. I never played any of the other hardcore tactical shooters that have been available throughout the most recent years. So it's hard for me to compare Siege to any other game. Yet from my experience what I can say is Siege is one of those game when your are riding on a high (going on a kill streak, winning matches back-to-back, outsmarting the opposition) man, does it feel good. Whenever you aren't you can feel like the worst player ever, but that is an aspect of the game that I feel is so rewarding. That rewarding feeling, for me is closely related to the head shot mechanic. I would not have any other way. Honestly, being such a late adopter of the game and this recent discussion around removing the mechanic has me kind of uneasy about the game. Like did I hop in at the wrong time, four years of having this mechanic and now there is talk about removal or maybe this has been ongoing since the inception of the game. Either way I like the mechanic and would hate to see it removed it is a unique aspect and characteristic of the game that make R6 Siege stand out.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
The game is been out for 3 years, the most popular casual mode is still secure area and people still have no clue on how to play that bloody mode.

Eveytime for a change a move from bomb only to find out that people still reinforce everything in site.

The majority of objectives SHOULD NOT be reinforced. You are basically giving an advantage to the attacking team

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really understand people advocating to change the one-shot mechanic. The game has been out over 3 years and is a defining feature. To change this would be such a catastrophic change to the way the game is played. I find it really short-sighted to recommend something like this.

Oct 26, 2017
The game is been out for 3 years, the most popular casual mode is still secure area and people still have no clue on how to play that bloody mode.

Eveytime for a change a move from bomb only to find out that people still reinforce everything in site.

The majority of objectives SHOULD NOT be reinforced. You are basically giving an advantage to the attacking team
Not sure I agree. I think most Secure sites work decently in turtle mode, which of course includes a Mira looking outward next to a soft wall. There are some, e.g. Daycare where I think playing it more "bomb style" makes sense. Then again I have barely played any Secure since before Grim Sky, so I could see Maverick being a little OP against the average turtle defense.
I don't really understand people advocating to change the one-shot mechanic. The game has been out over 3 years and is a defining feature. To change this would be such a catastrophic change to the way the game is played. I find it really short-sighted to recommend something like this.
I don't get it either. If anything I would say the DBNO mechanic is more in line for removal. Though they did already nerf 'reset health'. At its core DBNO feels like RNG as opposed to a game like Gears or PUBG where it's just a fact of life/death.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Not sure I agree. I think most Secure sites work decently in turtle mode, which of course includes a Mira looking outward next to a soft wall. There are some, e.g. Daycare where I think playing it more "bomb style" makes sense. Then again I have barely played any Secure since before Grim Sky, so I could see Maverick being a little OP against the average turtle defense.

I don't get it either. If anything I would say the DBNO mechanic is more in line for removal. Though they did already nerf 'reset health'. At its core DBNO feels like RNG as opposed to a game like Gears or PUBG where it's just a fact of life/death.
No. If you reinforce the objective offence is always going to find a way to pen it, they have 3 hard breachers after all, and once inside it's very hard for defence to take it back, because there only the doors available which are easily defendable for attackers with AR, claymores and smokes. The objective should be completely open, it should a death box and no defender inside. It should be something that an attacker would enter only in extreme situations.

Of course there objective that are better reinforced, but they are fewer

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
I am so happy this game finally clicked with me after all these years. The Newcomer mode really help to feel less intimdated by high level players and only needing to learn 3 maps at first. I am sitting a work right now thing "I should have just stayed on the objective" or "Ugh, if I had only know there was a sky light there."

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Trying to find causal games at like 9am EST on Xbox takes forever. At night its totally fine but morning matches half the struggle is finding games.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not bad. Was hoping to see them take the ACOG away from Twitch's F2 too. Blitz nerf makes sense but secretly I'm hurting as I play a lot of blitz in casual.