• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

One Joke

Mom:" You got mcdonald's money?"
*Bank vault teleports into the living room"

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool, but it feels like this trailer is diving pretty deep into the story, as per Netflix tradition :\

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing something from this year's ago on Twitter and I'm happy to see it's finally being released. I'm looking forward to watching it

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watch this? I am half way through the first eps and the pacing is terrible, low budget, acting is off. I don't know about this. Love the concept tho.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice

definite twilight zone/midnight special vibe.

oddly remindewd me of the miserable truck driver Douglas Adams (I think) wrote, who - his entire life never had one day of sunshine. Drizzle, storms, torrential downpour, tropical typhoon when he went to a beach vacation, driving rain, constantly made him depressed, naturally.

Turns out he is an actual rain god who could haves spent his life saving climates from drought but never realizes it's not just a coincidence.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I keep forgetting how terrible child actors are and this is no exception. Yes, it's a kid but still.. the worst part is he is the worst out of all the other kids in the show.

Anyway, I'm only a few episodes in, but starts out really slow and Dion is terrible. If you can get through that, it picks up a few episodes in when
more is shown about MBJs character and you find out about the others.
Hopefully it finishes strong.

Edit:
Pat is also annoying as hell and the story seems pretty by the numbers so far. Predicted a bunch of stuff that was going to happen overall within the first two episodes and they didn't fail me. If his story goes how I think it is, then ugh.

Last edited:

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Yeah, this is a cool idea for a show, but this show is bad. I've seen good child actors in other Netflix shows, so it's not hard to do. The main kid in this one just isn't up to the task.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Épisode 2 - I have a really hard time with the characters so far. The kid is pretty insufferable... And the tone is weird. I guess this is for little kids ? But at the same time the plot seems to go in a serious way also...

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished it. To continue my thoughts from my last post, yep I called all this shit from the beginning:

-MBJ's character having powers.
-There being a bunch of supers.
-That one of the supers would be the one killing the others (Heroes anyone?).
-Pat being a crazy scumbag and being one of them from the start

There's nothing of value here and the only good part about it is MBJ's scenes. Which there are very little of for obvious reasons. Every other character is written like an idiot, the kid's acting never gets any better and he's still annoying. Everyone's emotions jump all over the damn place for no reason other than omg a twist and as I said before, it's predictable as shit.

There's also expect a HUGE suspension of disbelief throughout the episodes. Glaring stuff like:
-The kid's waiting in an office while his mother does a job interview. The wall is completely glass with no obscurities, then there's a huge waiting/common room filled with people and another glass office opposite where the mom is being interviewed. He spins on an office chair, levitates it four feet in the air and his mother rushes out screaming at the top of her lungs to stop and runs through the common area and into the office where the kid is. Not one damn person turns to notice this. Not the interviewer she ran out on, not the people in the middle area, no one.

Then the part with the stealing of the pass card or the doctor's girlfriend instantly turning on her or hiding from the building super while invisible, one foot from him and making every possible noise but he doesn't hear anything. Or no one noticing any public use of powers at all. Including multiple super power battles in the middle of the street with a 40 foot lightning man and the middle of the day.
There are so, so many throughout this.. Ugh.

Don't even bother.

Épisode 2 - I have a really hard time with the characters so far. The kid is pretty insufferable... And the tone is weird. I guess this is for little kids ? But at the same time the plot seems to go in a serious way also...
They don't know what they want to do here. There's also some weird stuff with the soundtrack where they're sometimes playing like tv sitcom comedy music in scenes.. including one that's supposed to be completely serious.

Last edited:

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I thought it was decent. Didn't hate Dion like some in this thread did. Just a bit of a spazz. Seen my share of elementary school kids act that way.

MBJ was actually in it more than I expected. Although in total there's probably really only one episode where he has a decent amount of screen time and the rest is just a scene here and there.

Ending was a bit telegraphed with
charlotte just leaving the other kid for some reason and only opting to protect Dion. Not to mention the kid having the demeanor of your typical creepy evil kid you always see in horror movies
lol

Seems like it trying to be family friendly might be holding it back a bit in the eyes of some adult viewers. I would be interested to see where they go if they do a s2.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Im about 2 episodes in and the mom is hot as fuck. But the rest i dont even know about. The show visual effects is clearly low budgeted. The main child actor is horrible, i mean really bad.

And there are no strong supporting actors in this to make you care about anyone. The concept is good tho which is why im still watching.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it. It was pretty decent. Definitely a low budget though. Its gets better as it goes.....and the this shock me a bit. I'm definitely down for a second season.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
This may be the most predictable show I've ever seen. Gotta to be the flash writers. Jumped in on episode 6 with the gf and knew everything. The fact they really went all in with toxic masculinity, mansplaining, incel helped