• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://m.imgur.com/a/rhFuj

That's the imgur album of all the shit, thread got deleted, as well as archives. Wasn't sure what form to post it in.

In a nut shell the people who thought our phones are listening in at all times were correct. One of the slides describes where they heard a dog barking, so they knew to wait until after the owner had taken it outside/on a walk, when it was quiet again, to send the user's phone a notification. Lots of other stuff in the gallery but that's the big one. All of this seems legit.

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Exactly what about this "seems legit"? I'm gonna need some more information about all of this. I clicked on the thread to find out what the title meant and I'm left with more questions.

Damn and it's impossible to make an unofficial PowerPoint presentation.
lol

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
A dead person's Nintendo Switch went on 4chan to reveal an AI? Is this what the title is saying?

Fishious

Oct 27, 2017
Currently reading through it, but could you give some additional context? About this 4chan thread, what it was about, why it was deleted, etc? Basically, why should we believe this is real. It'd seem more credible if the company name weren't censored out and we could actually verify that it exists.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm gonna try shouting McDonald's at my google home and see what happens
9eSEHc1.png

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is actually a pretty interesting read so far, real or not.

Gonna have to read it all later.

Zing

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
In a nut shell the people who thought our phones are listening in at all times were correct. One of the slides describes where they heard a dog barking, so they knew to wait until after the owner had taken it outside/on a walk, when it was quiet again, to send the user's phone a notification. Lots of other stuff in the gallery but that's the big one. All of this seems legit.
You mean certain apps are listening. Of course. If you have an android phone, you should assume that the apps or OS is listening and tracking your every move constantly.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Those have some of the weirdest choices in doc formatting for presentation purposes and for strategic focus meetings.

In other words these look fake as fuck and read like someone thought they were being clever.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
You mean certain apps are listening. Of course. If you have an android phone, you should assume that the apps or OS is listening and tracking your every move constantly.

Not constantly tracking your location. Approximate, sure.

Apps are not secretary recording you.

These are not exclusive to Android.

TraBuch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where's the deadman's switch part come in? Somebody was so paranoid that he had his computer ready to post this thread if he didn't check in once a day? And EA killed him?

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
after all the leaks that have came from 4chan, why do people still act like coming from that site instantly discredits it?

not saying this is real but we've had way too many true leaks there for someone to say
"4chan? Can't be true."

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
after all the leaks that have came from 4chan, why do people still act like coming from that site instantly discredits it?

not saying this is real but we've had way too many true leaks there for someone to say
"4chan? Can't be true."

We've had way too much fake stuff posted on 4chan too trust it either.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
It's too late, OP.

The Illuminati is after you now to scrub this thread, and your life.

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Mmm some of this is true, it's being used in ERPs (one of the top 5 market leaders) and the IA has a very familiar name for gaming community. But this in gaming would be so weird.

Dobby

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That's the imgur album of all the shit, thread got deleted, as well as archives. Wasn't sure what form to post it in.

All of this seems legit.
All of this seems legit.
All of this seems legit.
All of this seems legit.
All of this seems legit.
L
O
L

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Ehh, even if its fake, were not far off from this.
Might be proven to be true if anyone find the company that is installing cameras in roadsigns in the US and Canada.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a student project where they have to set up and design an A.I, which is able to create personalised ads based from data from the outside.
I'm skeptical:
I mean, schedule Z mapping users talks about Hammersly-Theorem and mapping your home using pictures or wi-fi. I didn't look that deep into it, maybe I will. But from what I've seen that's already been done:
https://papers.nips.cc/paper/2921-learning-depth-from-single-monocular-images.pdf

https://jasmcole.com/2014/08/25/helmhurts/
https://www.engadget.com/2015/02/16/wifi-mapping-in-3d/

Just look at the slide: Some real life data.

Sounds like a badly written Black Mirror episode.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017

Phones listening to us was already verified quite a while ago.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
OK, given that none of what's been posted by the OP has been proven to be true I'm going to lock the thread. Yes, it could be real, but it could also just as easily not be. If it gets verified somehow then we can have another thread on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.