• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since October of last year random Billboards with the Def Leppard logo have been popping up in Chicago. Fans have reached out to the advertisers, bands management, ect. but no answer has been given as to why these are being put up.

Weird, any theories here on Era?

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

foreal tho Def Leppard is one of the best

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
some butt rock station plastered a bunch of nirvana billboards outside my apartment. difference is it had the station logo on there, thought it was odd but maybe same thing is going on here

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
The same old tired jokes are still being trotted out, I see.

Saw them live for the first time back in December and they put on a good show. My brother came with me and was impressed with them as opposed to Metallica, a band he much prefers. Said something about how Leppard aren't prancing around on stage acting like they're still in their early '20s.

Although it is incredible that so many bands from around that time are still going today, not just making new music but still touring. Leppard in particular seem to always be touring. No idea what these billboards are about - probably something to do with a tour alright.

They were just inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame coming way ahead of the other inductees, and were inducted by Brian May himself, which is fitting seeing how close they are -

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
I know absolutely nothing about Def Lepard which is funny as I actually know one of the lead singer's illegitimate children. He comes over to see her in Dublin all the time

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Oh does he? I just assumed all big rockstars lived in LA.

Yeah, he's been there for decades now, after Leppard recorded part of an album there. Part of his house is a studio, Joe's Garage.

As an aside, I can find no mention anywhere of a daughter or any other children born previous to the two in his current marriage. He said for many years that he never wanted to be a father, so are you thinking of someone else (in the band or not)?

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, he's been there for decades now, after Leppard recorded part of an album there. Part of his house is a studio, Joe's Garage.

As an aside, I can find no mention anywhere of a daughter or any other children born previous to the two in his current marriage. He said for many years that he never wanted to be a father, so are you thinking of someone else (in the band or not)?
They're illegitimate. He doesn't officially recognize them but he does see them often enough, as I found out he lives in Dublin that makes a lot of sense