• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkenedSoul

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When people say no one earn 3 million it mean that most if not all millionares have reached that status after abusing and exploding other people.

084.png

Oct 27, 2017
There was a online magic store about a decade ago called Hank Lee's Magic Factory, out of Massachusetts. Every week they would have crazy 30% discounts on almost anything and everything. It seemed impossible to do week after week, as if it was the greatest magic trick ever.

Well, as they say, every "miracle" has its price. Turns out Hank was skimming off of his richest customers, hoping they wouldn't notice the small credit card charges among the big ticket items. Well someone finally did notice.

That person who noticed was Richard Garriott, Lord British of Ultima.

No more Magic Factory.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What utter tripe.

people can become millionaires just by sitting on a house for 10+ years.

I swear people here pick up a couple books on Marxism and think they know it all. Absolute nonsense.
not the greatest example there, considering housing speculation is absolute poison to society and has had pretty extreme ill effects and screwed the lives of millions upon millions of people.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess Pitchford's PA outsourced his PAing work to another PA, and the results were disapointing.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Oh you mean like making Opposing Force, Brothers in Arms and Borderlands?

Yeah fuck that guy, deserves to have millions taken from him.

wait what?
How petty do you have to be that your hate boner for someone over video game shit means they deserve to be the victim of crime? Grow up guys

As BernardoOne said he stole Sega's money for his big boom, he also stole the Borderlands art-style from an independent artist. His success comes from him committing criminal acts and not suffering for it because he's rich. On top of that he's incompetent and has failed miserably at everything post-Boarderlands, he constantly lies to consumers, lies about poker winnings, and comes across as an asshole.

Why would you want to defend a guy like him? I mean I guess Opposing Force was a pretty good expansion but Randy wasn't the only person on the team.

Last edited:

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This guy has been stealing and cheating his way through his entire fucking career, all the while viciously attacking critics and even reviewers, and i'm supposed to feel bad for him?

Fuck that.

And that's even assuming any of this is true and not just another Randy scam.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
No, this is all a huge mistake. The guy misspelled one word in a spreadsheet and all of the money got routed to his account

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Call me Robin Hood, because I think it's cool and good that somebody stole something from a guy who was too rich to notice for years.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
While this is news. No worthy discussion can be had when a lot of the posts are "lol couldn't have happened to a better guy. "

If this had happened to a beloved developer the only change in the discussion would be people calling the thief a piece of shit instead of cracking jokes at Randy's expense. At least this way I got a few laughs out of this thread.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Wow, the fact that Randy says that it was such a problem they couldn't make payroll says a lot about how much of a flop Battleborn was, and how much Randy must have personally stepped forward to protect the company in it's wake. Otherwise there's really no reason the Pitchfords themselves should be having to do payroll-related stuff.

I mean the Colonial Marines shit was still not great, no doubt, but that's impressive.

Also, I guess just as a final though, reading the article you can see he's done this to a lot of people. I can't even imagine how gutted I'd be if I found out a trusted friend was stealing from me regularly. That must be some debilitating shit to deal with. :(

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I'm honestly unsurprised about how this discussion went, from the Battleborn jabs to the people insisting that Gearbox deserves this. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over a faceless operating group like Gearbox's corporate level losing funds but like, they're an independently owned developer so the Robin Hood narrative being used to justify them getting burgled feels really off base.

The 'karma' thing feels off too. Like we all know about Gearbox's supposed dirty laundry at this point regarding SEGA, Borderlands, etc but like damn, you'd think they treat their developers like Telltale did. (At the same time TimeGate kind of closed down at the expense of Colonial Marines so I can at least understand the karma narrative.)

The severity of the theft is high enough that the implications that Gearbox couldn't make payroll because of it is fucking scary for a 300+ development team. Again, I'm not gonna lose sleep over Randy but like his team is losing their livelihoods due to an external factor they have no control of. But like Randy said, he didn't destroy Gearbox so eh

Last edited:

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Wow, the fact that Randy says that it was such a problem they couldn't make payroll says a lot about how much of a flop Battleborn was, and how much Randy must have personally stepped forward to protect the company in it's wake. Otherwise there's really no reason the Pitchfords themselves should be having to do payroll-related stuff.

I mean the Colonial Marines shit was still not great, no doubt, but that's impressive.

Also, I guess just as a final though, reading the article you can see he's done this to a lot of people. I can't even imagine how gutted I'd be if I found out a trusted friend was stealing from me regularly. That must be some debilitating shit to deal with. :(

Yeah I noticed this was in September of 2016, so like 4+ months after Battleborn's release. I'm sure the flop of that game wouldn't kill the company but imagine being hit by a one two punch like this? That's the kind of shit that would put any 100+ dev team in the gutter.

timmbp

Oct 25, 2017
The severity of the theft is high enough that the implications that Gearbox couldn't make payroll because of it is fucking scary for a 300+ development team. Again, I'm not gonna lose sleep over Randy but like his team is losing their livelihoods due to an external factor they have no control of. But like Randy said, he didn't destroy Gearbox so eh
I'm not sure it was Gearbox's payroll. It might have been a restaurant Randy's wife owns.

https://www.dallasvoice.com/warrants-issued-after-martin-fails-to-show-for-trial/

Superplex

Nov 4, 2017
<3
If this is karma for Randy (allegedly) stealing from Sega, then what was the misdeed from Sega's past that brought them the karma of being (allegedly) robbed by Randy?

This karma stuff is too confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.