Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strings

Strings

How did you possibly mean this to be read? I've seen so much dumb stuff here, but I don't think anything has left me nearly as confused. Not even that guy who makes a thread about next-gen turning every two months...

2. BossAttack

BossAttack

Some a lot of these posts are embarrassing.

3. Silky

Silky

I always want to bring up the allegations about Gearbox and Sega or anything else and ask 'were any of this actually proven since it happened' and when it is brought up, some dumbass usually posts 'oh hey I found Randy' or some other dumbass shit so it just becomes exhausting to actually have a genuine discussion about things like this

4. Zohar127

Zohar127

You're absolutely right. But we can't just blindly punch up. That's the vibe I was getting from some posters around here and I just couldn't keep my mouth shut when I should have

5. ASaiyan

ASaiyan

6. Silky

Silky

no one is claiming to be enlightened in this thread but for real your discussion is literally for another day. take the time off from this shit and like, reflect on what you wrote.

7. Igniz12

Igniz12

This is 100% percent is me but boy did I not expect the thread to go the way it has. Between the Fallout76 crossplay thread and this I kinda feel like I have been reading the room wrong on Era recently.

8. RROCKMAN

RROCKMAN

Actually.... Yes!

Good night Era, See you tomorrow.

9. Illusion

Illusion

This has been a popular personal defense on the subject for years.

What if you personally funded someone and they chose to funnel it into another project, have the audacity to say they needed more money to complete your project, you agree thinking you can still trust them, they then pay someone else to do the work for them, then finish a better personal project for themselves in the meantime? I don't know about you, but i'd be pissed.

The second defense I always hear on this matter is "Your just a huge fan of the IP and was just disappointed".
    And to this, I say, I never played Colonial Marines. Nor any Gearbox game or any game in the Aliens IP. This was just a scandal I came across, read the headlines, didn't think much of and moved on. Until one year a voice actor at Youmacon brought over the Vice President of Gearbox Business Division (the guy who voices Claptrap). And he asked the audience in the panel who bought a used copy of Colonial Marines. Few hands went up. Then he went off on a tangent swearing off those people in the panel and how they were destroying the industry, this went on to an uncomfortable level.
    That's what made me curious and lead me to actually read up on the scandal in its entirety and became informed.

So does this decision effect me? No. But does Randy and his company deserve criticism and any sort of karma given to them? Definitely. But we shouldn't downplay what happen just because we got a very well made game that a lot of people enjoyed out of it.

The dude funneled and stole money from Sega, now he had 3 million dollars stolen from him. That's poetic, but the accountant will probably be caught but, hey, two wrongs don't make a right. But it's sure as hell entertaining to watch.

Edit: My sympathies does go out to any of his employees who had no action in any scandal, and will be unfairly affected by this.

10. mrmickfran

mrmickfran

omg

11. Decarb

Decarb

Can't wait for Jim Sterling video.

12. Silky

Silky

Big yikes

13. Vishmarx

Vishmarx
    Banned Member

Hardly surprised by the quality of posts and moderation in this thread. This is what the true face of the forum is.

14. Is anyone really surprised? Like at all?

15. Spenny

Spenny

I appreciate this post

16. timmbp

timmbp

People really should stop with the whole Randy stole money from Sega thing. It comes from one anonymous blogger. Even Randy’s biggest hater Jim Sterling has to clarify: “I can't back his claims of "embezzlement" -- likely more an emotional response on his part than anything else.”

17. Vishmarx

Vishmarx
    Banned Member

Well I'm surprised how quickly its all gone downhill. Feels like just yesterday when everyone ran out of a burning building and started pretending they never lived in it.

18. Blue

Blue

This thread is profoundly embarrassing.

Agreed. More and more I feel like this forum has failed to maintain even the most basic aspects of what it set out to do.

19. entrydenied

entrydenied

The payroll part would probably be regarding his wife's business.

20. jediyoshi

jediyoshi

Wow, you really put yourself out on the line there. Imagine the life you lead where Robin Hood was the most damning name you could come up with.

21. Silky

Silky

That's still food service employees having there livelihoods affected by something they have very little control of!!!!!!!!!

22. Silky

Silky

Double post

23. Hecht

Hecht
    Welp Administrator

This thread is embarrassing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.