• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Even if they did, they can't technically say anything considering the game hasn't even been revealed yet.
Wait, I'm like 90% sure they showed something for Borderlands 3, I remember people were speculating that it was an older Tiny Tina.

EDIT: Nevermind, was a Tech Demo in the Borderlands world.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That rhetorical question on Pitchford's tweet is hilarious considering his history.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't that from the report that listed a new Elder Scrolls....yeah I don't think that needs confirmed lol.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Because Randy, that's how people get information. Someone makes a (sometimes outrageous) claim, and it gets shared to the point where people assume it's true because there has been no denial. Sometimes it's so bad that devs/pubs are forced to confirm/deny, then it's known if it's true or not.

Diplo

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
It feels like a game Microsoft would throw money at

But I dont understand why us fans care about who gets marketing rights over a multiplat game.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
This is interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if there's no marketing tie in at all. The previous games didn't have it.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Remember when he called Eurogamer's (entirely accurate) reports about Borderlands 2 "shoddy journalism"

Doffen

Oct 28, 2017
Wouldn't a platform holder sign with Take-Two Interactive regarding marketing for Borderlands 3?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
exclusive-rectify-808x454.jpg

The dream is dead.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I trust Randy about as much as I trust anyone who tells me that 2 plus 2 adds up to 9,000 but it was pretty clear that the rumored E3 "leak" was a load of bullshit so no surprise there. This doesn't mean a deal can't/won't be made down the line though.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
To me as long as content isn't locked out i don't care. And until something better comes along all my third party purchases will be on Xbox. My Pro is for Sony Exclusives. For me this the way it will be until the PC market pricing un fucks itself.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Pitchford has never been the most forthcoming, even going so far as to outright deny shit that is in fact true. Not sure you can take much away from his tweet.

Venom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Zhuge said the final list that got uploaded was false.

• Splinter Cell
  • Metro Exodus
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Borderlands 3
  • Battlefield 5 WW 2
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Anthem
  • Elder Scrolls 6
  • Madden NFL 19
That was one game so I wonder what else is false.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course not.
Take 2 is the publisher of the game and not Gearbox

So why would Microsoft sign that deal with the developer?
Remember when Respawn didn't even know in the fist place Titanfall would be fully exclusive to Xbox?

But this does not except the possibly of a higher up from the developer to be in the known about this.
So still nothing is confirmed.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
MS doesn't really need marketing rights. They just need to be able to show the game on X and it will speak for itself. But there might be some fucked up agreements where MS can't even show the definitive console version on the X.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Not necessarily man. Maybe just Borderlands 3.

Yeah, Madden is guaranteed and Anthem was revealed at Microsoft's conference.

And it's likely that Cyberpunk will be with Microsoft considering CDPR's relationship with them.

And hasn't Splinter Cell been marketed for Xbox ever since Chaos Theory? I don't know.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Of course not.
Take 2 is the publisher of the game and not Gearbox

So why would Microsoft sign that deal with the developer?
Remember when Respawn didn't even know in the fist place Titanfall would be fully exclusive to Xbox?

But this does not except the possibly of a higher up from the developer to be in the known about this.
So still nothing is confirmed.

yes you're right