• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
He locked the discussion breakdown under the $10 tier.

Rory, Mal and Joe said Pushups isn't the "nuke" they were talking about in regards to Drake. He has something else. Mal says Drake has more targeted songs to drop

Ish said he heard Kendrick's diss is basically like 2pac Hit'em up and Drake can't match that type of energy

In the end Mal has a direct line to Drake. Joe is going off 2nd hand info. His personal feeling is that Drake really doesn't have anything on Kendrick yet and that's why Drake wants Kendrick to drop so bad
Ohhh ok dope. Thanks for the breakdown.

I think I'm gonna have to agree with Joe in that Drake might not have anything crazy on Kendrick. If he did then he could have dropped again 4 days later like he did Meek and B2B and say "I waited 4 days nigga, where Dot at?" and then drop whatever it is on him. It worked before. I also can't trust Mal since he said he's been saying stuff about Kendrick for years in his group chats.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
GLekBj8WQAA0Ryc

Now I kinda want Kendrick to destroy this man he's getting too cocky

The "he didn't officially drop it" is such a weird take lol... I'm convinced the people that think that could hear Kanye - Lift Yourself and be like "bro he killed drake"... some people have already picked a winner before anything even dropped.

Though it's okay to fully expect Kenny to murder Drake because he's that talented.

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
The Kendrick dickriding is reaching crazy levels, here, and on places like Twitter.

Whatever he drops people will say it's the best thing ever simply because it's him and he's going against Drake, he should just drop anything.

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
i read this line and then looked at who posted it and i can't even describe the sound that i made in words

I mean you can say that if you're an idiot with reading comprehension who's only into memes. But I guess that's most people here.

Yeah it's funny haha, this guy likes Drake, but basically the only positive thing I said about Drake in years is that Duppy is better than Adidon, which is what I think, sue me. People here have turned it into a meme because Pusha dickriding is also a thing, but that's cool, I always say, I'll take it, doesn't matter.

But now it's getting kind of annoying, so fuck you lmao, and get off Kendrick's dick, Canibus was a bette rapper than LL, we saw how that ended up.

eDIGI

Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I mean you can say that if you're an idiot with reading comprehension who's only into memes. But I guess that's most people here.

Yeah it's funny haha, this guy likes Drake, but basically the only positive thing I said about Drake in years is that Duppy is better than Adidon, which is what I think, sue me. People here have turned it into a meme because Pusha dickriding is also a thing, but that's cool, I always say, I'll take it, doesn't matter.

But now it's getting kind of annoying, so fuck you lmao, and get off Kendrick's dick, Canibus was a bette rapper than LL, we saw how that ended up.

Not arguing, genuinely curious. What makes duppy freestyle better than the story of Adidon? Personally I don't even think it matches up with "infrared" but that's mainly because Drakes track seemed so much more geared at ye imo.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

OVO has entered the ResetEra chat...

Comparing Canibus to Kendrick is fucking sicko lmaooo.

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
Not arguing, genuinely curious. What makes duppy freestyle better than the story of Adidon? Personally I don't even think it matches up with "infrared" but that's mainly because Drakes track seemed so much more geared at ye imo.

I've said it a bunch of times haha, but here it is once again.
It is not that Duppy is an amazing diss, (it is a good song though) it is just that I feel like Adidon is not a good diss, which is why I think Duppy is better.

Why?
You have a kid in secret is not a diss. Sure, it was shocking when he said it, but as I said, it's a TMZ-esque reveal.

People will say he deconstructed Drake's whole persona by comparing him to jis father who was also a bad dad etc.

I don't see it. Sorry, I don't. I feel like people saying this is a result of several things:
1. People wanting Drake to lose
2. People seeing Pusha as this saviour of lyrical rap (a guy who raps about one topic only, again,I love the Clipse but Pusha is not a good solo artist)
3. The Genius effect of reading way too much into stuff

We do not know what type of dad Drake is or was. Like, the biggest artist in the world not wanting to reveal his kid seems pretty normal to me. A TON of celebrities did that shit. All of a sudden it's, you're a bad father just like your own "YOOOOO PUSH, STOP YOU'RE KILLING HIM". Everything else as well, not even sure what he said anymore, like Drake being embarrassed because he's light skinned?

Not sure, I'm going to be honest, I don't feel like listening to that song because I hate when Pusha goes into that "demon mode" or whatever when rapping, I think good rapping should aound effortless, not like you're constipated.

But yeah, that's it, I feel like what Drake said on Duppy was more impactful in a RAP BEEF, he talked shit about Pusha's carreer and muaic, which was all true basically, and I think itmakes for a better diss.

Last time I'm talking about this btw lol

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
OVO has entered the ResetEra chat...

Comparing Canibus to Kendrick is fucking sicko lmaooo.

Top Dog has entered the resetera chat. Or is it pglang now or whatever?

Reading comprehension, I did not say they were on the same level, but in this context they fulfill similar roles, just like Drake and LL.

Do nerds always take things extremely literally? I noticed it's a huge problem on this forum that doesn't really occur in the real world.

eDIGI

Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I've said it a bunch of times haha, but here it is once again.
It is not that Duppy is an amazing diss, (it is a good song though) it is just that I feel like Adidon is not a good diss, which is why I think Duppy is better.

Why?
You have a kid in secret is not a diss. Sure, it was shocking when he said it, but as I said, it's a TMZ-esque reveal.

People will say he deconstructed Drake's whole persona by comparing him to jis father who was also a bad dad etc.

I don't see it. Sorry, I don't. I feel like people saying this is a result of several things:
1. People wanting Drake to lose
2. People seeing Pusha as this saviour of lyrical rap (a guy who raps about one topic only, again,I love the Clipse but Pusha is not a good solo artist)
3. The Genius effect of reading way too much into stuff

We do not know what type of dad Drake is or was. Like, the biggest artist in the world not wanting to reveal his kid seems pretty normal to me. A TON of celebrities did that shit. All of a sudden it's, you're a bad father just like your own "YOOOOO PUSH, STOP YOU'RE KILLING HIM". Everything else as well, not even sure what he said anymore, like Drake being embarrassed because he's light skinned?

Not sure, I'm going to be honest, I don't feel like listening to that song because I hate when Pusha goes into that "demon mode" or whatever when rapping, I think good rapping should aound effortless, not like you're constipated.

But yeah, that's it, I feel like what Drake said on Duppy was more impactful in a RAP BEEF, he talked shit about Pusha's carreer and muaic, which was all true basically, and I think itmakes for a better diss.

Last time I'm talking about this btw lol

Ah no worries, didn't realize you said it so many times. Your last post was the one that caught my eye.

Duppy to me felt like a jab with all the typical things you would say to pusha if you had nada really on him. Story of Adidon was def shocking I can kinda see where you are coming from even though I don't wholly agree. We def don't know the type of dad drake is so anything there could be a reach I guess.

pusha isn't a good solo artist?!?!?!? Man respect my friend lol. I know you don't wanna keep this going lol.

Def agree to disagree though lol.

DriftDrafs

Apr 13, 2024
I do not understand anyone getting mad at someone else for being a "stan" or "dickriding" for this musician or that. So what? It's music.

Do you come here expecting an Edward R. Murrow level of impartiality? That is ridiculous.

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022

Drake Stans are not serious 😂

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Tbh, id wait a month per diss if we get solid tracks because for most involved it would be an improvement from their last records. Take months if we get classic tracks.

Im also intrigued (and seriously) to see what Weeknd does particularly since old evil cocaine and codeine peak mixtape era would talk a bunch of dark sing song shit, before he peddled synth pop soft drug jams.

youtu.be

The Weeknd - King Of The Fall (Official Video)

For more information, follow The Weeknd on Twitter: http://twitter.com/theweeknd

Last edited:

Pein

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Pretty sure that drake pointed out those features to show how Kendrick wasn't above business and isn't all artistry. When the label wants him to do a feature he'll do it.

I still like "don't wanna know" That song was a banger.

I don't use twitter, but it's hella weird to see verified checks on someone's name. You don't know if they're nobody's or what.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Top Dog has entered the resetera chat. Or is it pglang now or whatever?

Reading comprehension, I did not say they were on the same level, but in this context they fulfill similar roles, just like Drake and LL.

Do nerds always take things extremely literally? I noticed it's a huge problem on this forum that doesn't really occur in the real world.

They do not fulfill similar roles because their industry standing and popularity levels are VASTLY different. The analogy was weak.

Stop trying to be a martyr in this thread. This ain't your own little 20v1 moment.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Looks like Push Ups is releasing on DSPs today. Guess ppl can stop whining about it not being released "officially".

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I wouldn't argue that last week's leak "didn't count" but I'm glad it's officially up

Wonder if he made any changes 🤔

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
snippet at the end is crazy def a pg lang bar

he also took out that after this im not rappin no more part

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
didnt expect to see aubrey stans on resetera

You clearly weren't around for the greatest thread in the history of ResetEra. And I say that straight-faced and without reservations, it is the greatest thread on this site.

Edit: The Pusha response starts on page 19. You'll see a lot of parallels: people saying it doesn't count because Push is taking too long, 18 pages of Drake being declared the winner, bars people think are "Ether" like "there's no malice in your heart". Greatest. Thread. On. This. Site.

www.resetera.com

DRAKE VS G.O.O.D. Music (Update: Pusha Responds) Entertainment

https://m.soundcloud.com/octobersveryown/duppy-freestyle Oh boiiiii EDIT: PUSHA T RESPONDS: EDIT 2: RESULT: https://instagram.com/p/BjngZZAgc_9/

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
lol y'all really posting everything atp.
Wonder what excuse they are gonna move onto next.
Im sure it's gonna go now the clock "officially starts" and how drake diss isnt gonna go number 1 like Kendrick's. Ignoring the fact that it's number 1 mostly off the strength of Metro/Future.

snippet at the end is crazy def a pg lang bar

he also took out that after this im not rappin no more part
Yea, he been took that out along with the Diddy part with the 2nd "leak". Glad he took the backing out part out, seems like he was trying to back out the battle.

I do not understand anyone getting mad at someone else for being a "stan" or "dickriding" for this musician or that. So what? It's music.
And? Stan shit just lessens the convo into just trash console warrior bullshit. I would be more of a Drake fan than Pusha and even I can admit that he lost that battle and the whole "you rolled 7s, so I gotta play the good guy" exit was lame. But hey, at least he went into the fight and didnt apologize and shit like Cole. Which is why it was funny seeing cole stans trying to spin his exit as a W for him because "this battle been corny".

When it comes to Drake vs Kenny, I listen to both but probably listen to Drake more and expect Kenny to decimate him. Which is why it was lame to do the gang up stuff instead of coming at Drake alone. Stan shit aside, all this waiting Kenny doing is lame. Idc about Drake responding to ross. The main even everyone waiting on is Kenny vs Drake.

Last edited: