• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like Kdot and his camp didn't expect Drake to respond this fast/direct and put a clock on them.

Worthless. This clock and timer stuff is absolutely worthless. I don't know why people keep trying to press artists to respond as quickly as possible as if that's the only way to do it and Drake should know better than anyone after Adidon took days to come out and made him back off instantly.

Edit: A good track is what's important, not "good and fast". This isn't fast food. If it takes a week, it takes a week. If it takes a month, it takes a month.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Worthless. This clock and timer stuff is absolutely worthless. I don't know why people keep trying to press artists to respond as quickly as possible as if that's the only way to do it and Drake should know better than anyone after Adidon took days to come out and made him back off instantly.

Edit: A good track is what's important, not "good and fast". This isn't fast food. If it takes a week, it takes a week. If it takes a month, it takes a month.
I don't disagree but since Kdot kick-started this whole sequence most people expect he has a lot of stuff in the tuck saved up already to unleash or Drake or Cole if the responded.

In the end the quality matters but at the same time the more time passes the more time you give your opponent to prepare and the expectations rise.

Internet already wants him to go the pedo route as the worst thing they can come up with, it's gonna be difficult to deliver on that front when the other side might be willing to drop a bomb about Kendrick no one on the public knows about.

Gonna be interesting to see how far they are willing to go.

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022

Edit: A good track is what's important

, not "good and fast". This isn't fast food. If it takes a week, it takes a week. If it takes a month, it takes a month.

Facts. All this is doing is making Drake look desperate scrambling all over social media with the most random shit like posting pics of his manager. Just giving Kdot more ammo down the road. 🤣 Pusha Thanos had to teach him a lesson.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Kdot and his camp didn't expect Drake to respond this fast/direct

Uh… 3 weeks?

Swear the way folks talking it seems like Drake replied the next fucking day.

And honestly good on Drake for taking his time. No one is talking about how long it took him to reply. Because (imo) the quality is there. Hopefully KDot delivers and we get some fun.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I don't disagree but since Kdot kick-started this whole sequence most people expect he has a lot of stuff in the tuck saved up already to unleash or Drake or Cole if the responded.

In the end the quality matters but at the same time the more time passes the more time you give your opponent to prepare and the expectations rise.

Internet already wants him to go the pedo route as the worst thing they can come up with, it's gonna be difficult to deliver on that front when the other side might be willing to drop a bomb about Kendrick no one on the public knows about.

Gonna be interesting to see how far they are willing to go.

Man's basically said "fuck a big three, it's just big me". It's not like he dropped an Infared, he technically talked about Cole too and give them a bar and a half at max. Dunno why the expectation would be he's got something tucked when he did a similar thing with Control. He'll sometimes drop some "I'm the best and fuck everyone else" bragadocious shit and that's the end of it.

Doesn't matter how much your opponent prepares if you drop something that can't deal with. Man's said he's got small feet and his shit isn't hot, what more can he give to Dot?

Internet can want whatever they want, if they're already creating bars in their head then the expectations become high and almost nothing is going to match it outside of a legendary track, and to expect that in 3 days is goofy.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Nah, that deserves to be called out.

Ehh, kinda. Drake and Ross just been having fun on ig while most ppl waiting on Kendrick to respond. Drake finally released his song on DSPs for the ppl that cared about that.

Kendrick apparently got a vid he releasing with his hitem up style diss and possibly may be releasing an album in may as well.

Nah he gotta wait. Let Rapsody have May, NxWorries have June, then he can top it off with an album in July.

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
Uh… 3 weeks?

Swear the way folks talking it seems like Drake replied the next fucking day.

And honestly good on Drake for taking his time. No one is talking about how long it took him to reply. Because (imo) the quality is there. Hopefully KDot delivers and we get some fun.

They're being disingenuous. All the excuses for Drake that they didn't give Meek Mill who was on tour and didn't respond immediately. Man took 3 weeks and somehow Kendrick after 1 week is behind. 🥱

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Drake not playing around…. Dude is hilarious this round. I hope that Kenny bring that energy and make this a real battle. Then they can peace it up and do another poetic justice.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Drake not playing around…. Dude is hilarious this round. I hope that Kenny bring that energy and make this a real battle. Then they can peace it up and do another poetic justice.
If the rumors of Kendrick's diss being Hit 'Em Up tier are true, Drake is never making peace with him. Dude does not like his character being dismantled too harshly despite daring rappers to do it.

Drake drops another diss record on Instagram, using AI to make himself sound like Tupac & Snoop to diss Kendrick and beg him to drop New

Knot Locks

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
drake using pac's voice to diss kendrick is probably gonna piss kendrick off

it's perfect for a diss track

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
drake using pac's voice to diss kendrick is probably gonna piss kendrick off

it's perfect for a diss track
I was ready to kill this track for the AI but it's done to the purpose of effect. All this over a fake ass Dre beat with Drake goading Kendrick with the ad-libs at the end for writing quintuple entendres inside his NYC apartment. Straight out of the Jadakiss Verzuz vs Dipset playbook -

"These guys don't even live in NY, they're in Miami."

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I gotta say that's top-tier trolling here.

Drake really summoning undead AI Tupac for diss tracks is hilarious.

Hip hop culture is dead, but as far as pop culture goes it's pretty good, lol.

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
Drake using AI generated lyrics of a dead man further confirms he is not an artist, how is this a good look for him
I'd imagine Drake, or his team of writers lol, actually wrote the lyrics and they're just emulating the voices. I don't know how I feel about the track itself but it's funny/trolling af to use the voice of someone's idols to diss them.

I will say, I didn't have a Drake heel turn on my 2024 bingo card.

Apr 29, 2023

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
at this point it'd be way funnier if Kendrick just never responds and Drake just keeps posting these aggro trolls against a dude who doesnt go online

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
How is he gonna rush Kendrick when he took 3 weeks to respond? Stupid
Because he's baiting him to rush out a track.
Considering all the baggage Drake has I'm surprised he's going this hard at Kendrick.

I hope people realize the reason he's using AI is because people kept assuming it was impossible for him to make Push Ups and that it had to be A.I.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
The AI Pac stuff is lame. I was cool with everything he's done so far but nah, that ain't it. This turned from just a competition between rappers to some weird shit now.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Chris Brown released a Quavo diss track in response to Quavo's too. Taylor Swift getting bars off on Kim K on her latest album. Kendrick got the whole music wanting smoke 😭

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chris Brown released a Quavo diss track in response to Quavo's too. Taylor Swift getting bars off on Kim K on her latest album. Kendrick got the whole music wanting smoke 😭
T Swift getting bars off her album talking about how her mama wanted Kim K dead is CRAZY lmao

what a time in music

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
...no. He's using AI west coast rappers to taunt Kendrick in a much more direct and obvious way. But AI garbage is garbage.

I agree about A.I. use being garbage. I also think he's opening himself up to a lot of people wanting to get at him who weren't initially in this beef.

Drake might go down in a blaze of glory once everybody drops but at least he did not back down.