• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
The GOAT rapper Drake just released his latest classic album Scorpion. One of the songs is titled "Final Fantasy" and samples the series' legendary Prelude theme:

Drake's song:

Drake, arguably the biggest living superstar in music, could've sampled Fortnite, but instead he chose Final Fantasy because it's more relevant to him. He clearly seems to have been inspired by the truly majestic, beautiful, and incredible Final Fantasy XV (50% on Steam right now) in the last years:

LtKPlzz.gif

nSdsaNC.gif

m2JQl8v.png

7A65wPv.jpg

6hn2y3n.gif

s8OJBGU.gif

oJan2yG.png

This just shows me again that Hajime Tabata is a "tensai" (genius) who single-handedly revitalized the franchise and put it back on the map of the mainstream.

What do you think, ERA? Do you agree?

UPDATE:

Okay, the song doesn't actually sample FF's Prelude, it seems (see Xiofire's post above) :(

I guess the track has nothing to do with FF in the end and the name just happened to fit the song's context of Drake having sexual fantasies?

Fuck.

Last edited:

Deft Beck

Oct 26, 2017
Space
I think that Drake is a paragon of creativity and a champion of interactive entertainment second only to Paris Hilton.

Tracker_TD

Oct 25, 2017
He also sampled Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 is now the most relevant video game. We are blessed today.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
Why people like Drake so much in this forum I really dont understand its like Kanye West

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017

OhNo

Dec 5, 2017
Drake is the GOAT rapper..?

giphy.gif

Am I missing something here?

Where is the /s?

Nope & Nope.

Also i'm not sure how much of this is down to Drake and how much is down to Boi 1da, Noah Shebib & Jahaan Sweet who produced the beat. AFAIK Jahaan is big into video games so maybe it was his idea?

Anyway, cool that it happened, disappointed you didn't tinfoil hat that he named himself after the Final Fantasy enemy, Drake.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Most relevant ?
Nice joke.

He is big, but is is still just one person, and nothing compared to the millions upon million of people who find/make other IPs much more "Relevant".

One admittedly popular person making some marketing for a game does not make it the most relevant game all of a sudden.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They do have a lot in common

Both Cheesy
Both arent very good
You would tell your friends the Cd/disc belongs to your sister

Status
Not open for further replies.