• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Yes, it is a joke. The OP is clearly sarcastic and full of nods to FF memes.
Lets just say I've had a rare day today.
Read Drake was the greatest and then:

giphy.gif

Never mind

Lucumo

Oct 25, 2017
Is gaming your only connection to the world? It's okay not to like a mainstream artists but to not even hear about them? never heard him on the radio or seen him in the entirety of the internet even once all those years? or in any public place that has pop music on blast? How is this possible?
No, I'm interested in a rather large variety of topics and thus have limited time. Music is part of that too but nothing current. I've seen the thread about that Fortnite streamer Ninja and Drake before on this forum but since I neither care about Fortnite nor Ninja, I didn't bother to click on it. Final Fantasy (the old games at least) are more relevant to my interests however. Apart from that, I don't listen to the radio or frequent any websites where "celebrities" would be mentioned (gossip sites or whatever).

OLiovZ1.png

Where have you been the last few years? He's the biggest star and also popularized Fortnite.

- Drake Has More Top 10 Hits Than Any Other Hip-Hop Artist
Drake is now tied with superstars like The Rolling Stones, Whitney Houston and Paul McCartney (when taking into account his solo career only) with 23 top 10s, and he's sure to pass them all soon.​

- Drake is Officially The Biggest Recording Artist in the World

- Drake's progress: the making of a modern superstar
Both R&B loverman and hip-hop thug, Toronto homeboy and global magpie, Drake's universal appeal has made him the definitive pop star of his generation. How did he get to the top – and how long can he stay there?
- Twitch Comments On The Record-Breaking Drake-Ninja 'Fortnite' Stream
Tyler "Ninja" Blevins is a Twitch streamer whose profile has risen rapidly alongside the massively popular Fortnite. Between Feb. 22 and March 3, Blevins gained more than 50,000 subscribers. And while hundreds of thousands of people tune in to Fortnite streams every day, it's not every day that one of the world's biggest musicians joins them.

At its peak, Ninja's stream with rapper Drake had over 635,000 concurrent viewers, surpassing Dr. DisRespect's previous non-tournament record of 388,000.​
I guess him producing R&B and Hip Hop is part of the reason why I've never really seen him before (apart from the aforementioned Ninja thread). By the way, wasn't Justin Bieber pretty popular not that long ago? I remember reading that his music has matured and he is now listenable, even if you are not a rabid female fan (not that I've ever heard a song from him either).

The OP pretty much has all that info. Aside from the FF track title, the relevance to gaming probably is nonexistent aside from Fortnight, lol.
Meh. I actually thought he did something before, apart from Fortnite. Sabaton, for instance, is actually relevant as they have some of their songs in a game (Europa Universalis IV). I thought this would be similar in this case.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how the FF series is still going strong same as Drake. Normally artists lose steam, but Drake keeps getting more popular and relevant as days go by. They're a perfect match.

Oct 27, 2017
LOL. Looks like I gotta repost this on every page.

- Drake Has More Top 10 Hits Than Any Other Hip-Hop Artist
Drake is now tied with superstars like The Rolling Stones, Whitney Houston and Paul McCartney (when taking into account his solo career only) with 23 top 10s, and he's sure to pass them all soon.​

- Drake is Officially The Biggest Recording Artist in the World

- Drake's progress: the making of a modern superstar
Both R&B loverman and hip-hop thug, Toronto homeboy and global magpie, Drake's universal appeal has made him the definitive pop star of his generation. How did he get to the top – and how long can he stay there?
- Twitch Comments On The Record-Breaking Drake-Ninja 'Fortnite' Stream
Tyler "Ninja" Blevins is a Twitch streamer whose profile has risen rapidly alongside the massively popular Fortnite. Between Feb. 22 and March 3, Blevins gained more than 50,000 subscribers. And while hundreds of thousands of people tune in to Fortnite streams every day, it's not every day that one of the world's biggest musicians joins them.

At its peak, Ninja's stream with rapper Drake had over 635,000 concurrent viewers, surpassing Dr. DisRespect's previous non-tournament record of 388,000.​

It seems I'm completely out of touch when it comes to pop artists.

Rayman not Ray

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
I would bet you money that there is a serious age divide in this thread between younger people who like Drake, and older people yelling at clouds.

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
This goldlike orchestral version of the Final Fantasy Prelude...

and then...

animated pictures of Final Fantasy XV...

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, the song doesn't actually sample FF's Prelude, it seems (see Xiofire's post above) :(

I guess the track has nothing to do with FF in the end and the name is not a reference (it fits the song's context of Drake's sexual fantasies).

Fuck.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Last edited:
OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I would bet you money that there is a serious age divide in this thread between younger people who like Drake, and older people yelling at clouds.

I still feel this is "Era hates popular stuff: Vol. 50". I'll never get why people is so mad with Final Fantasy, rappers or Fortnite on this forum.

Suicide King

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What even is this song? He made a song called Final Fantasy where he sampled Final Fantasy music and is using visuals from Final Fabtasy, yet the lyrics have fuck all to do with Final Fantasy. It's 3 minutes of "girl I wanna fuck ya".
The album wouldn't sell as much if he kept rapping about riding dicks like they were Chocobos or about how sad he was that Stella isn't in Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition, so I can't really blame him for keeping it subtle.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still feel this is "Era hates popular stuff: Vol. 50". I'll never get why people is so mad with Final Fantasy, rappers or Fortnite on this forum.

Rap (and hip hop)'s newest trends have become indistinguishable from the old stuff

Final Fantasy and its recent new directions (FFXV) has become indistinguishable from the old stuff

Fortnite is the newest, hottest trend of multiplayer game right now

Haters gonna hate

People just don't like it when things aren't exactly how they like it

and everyone believes they are some rare special bloom™ judge of quality, so naturally Final Fantasy is trash now and Rap is dead and Fortnite is overrated

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, a celebrity that I know next to nothing about is the final word in video games. However, it would be hard to argue against the proposition that Final Fantasy is one of the most important video game franchises if you consider all of the games and not just the more recent titles. It's still no Mario, Zelda or Metroid though. I'm also curious as to which franchise the Japanese actually care more about between it and Dragon Quest. I guess you could add Monster Hunter too.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
"The GOAT rapper" hahahah yeah okiiiiiiii. He should stay out of this and go survive against Pusha T. Or did his ghost writer ditch him?

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I have like one friend who still plays Final Fantasy. The only way for people to possibly care less about the boring ass franchise is for a boring ass rapper to make a boring ass song with that title.

Okay, the song doesn't actually sample FF's Prelude, it seems (see Xiofire's post above) :(

I guess the track has nothing to do with FF in the end and the name is not a reference (it fits the song's context of Drake's sexual fantasies).

Fuck.

Lmao never mind. Salt in the wounds.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So basically most of the premise for the OP is wrong, if the sample used isn't from FF. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.