• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
My boy Aesop Rock #1, I am pleased.

Also happy to see Sage as high up as it is.

And no surprise the Wu is up there.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Interesting. Not surprised MF DOOM is near the top. Never heard of Busdriver, will check it out. Haven't listened to Aesop Rock since Skelethon but will check out the new album.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
On the same page linked in the OP
6jzUwDB.png

All right, I'll admit I'm wrong on that one. I've only see the rapper chart posted before and never cared to look further.

Rapping is a completely different musical style than those with a much stronger emphasis on wordplay and rhyming and, oftentimes, a faster verbal cadence so this kind of analysis is more interesting in the context of rappers. Everything doesn't have some underlying ulterior motive

I guess I was a bit hasty above. I don't think it's anything like an ulterior motive, but I think it's important to keep that stuff in mind, because on some level we're all subconsciously biased. Maybe I'm way off base here, and I'll accept that.

The Wraith

Oct 27, 2017
I would love to see where Pun would've ranked on there if he had enough content. Dude was lyrically intense.