• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
r3McMJp.gif

Yes i was thinking about that shot when i said there must be a more complex lightning for the cut scene right. Cause that's the whole damn package there.

Jan 7, 2021
Would I need to know anything before picking this game up in June?

Can you go into these games without any knowledge of the previous ones?

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
For those interested in a pre-order, it's £61 from 365 games (physical copy including delivery).

www.365games.co.uk

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart PS5 Game - 365games.co.uk

Buy Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart PS5 Game and other products in Gaming at 365games.co.uk. Order today and receive Free Shipping and hassle-free returns on all our products.

And £55 from PSN store if you buy a £25, £25 and £20 voucher from Eneba using a 3% off code (PETEFLICK).

www.eneba.com

Buy PlayStation Network Card 25 GBP (UK) PSN Key UNITED KINGDOM | ENEBA

Surprise a PlayStation console owner with a PSN gift card (25 PSN card)! It’s one of the best ways to enjoy yourself on the PS platform to the f

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Would I need to know anything before picking this game up in June?

Can you go into these games without any knowledge of the previous ones?
there's a single plot that carries through the games, but it's pretty sparse and you can catch up quickly by reading plot synopsis

this one should be playable without any real prior knowledge

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
Yeah, wasn't Ratchet a dick to Clank for like half of the original game lol. It's been awhile since I played it so it's hard to remember exactly.

yeah, the whole point of that game was ratchet learns he was being a shit so he develops into a nice person as shown by the ending

of course people complained so we got that shit remake where ratchet was morphed into this cuddly critter who is just passive and doesn't do anything

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
Wow, one of the few times I am actually impressed by a next-gen game, truly.

Just replayed the PS4 on on 60FPS, this looks outstanding!

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
This really looks good visually, and a 60fps mode is fantastic, but I just tried the last PS4 game, and I just didn't care for the characters/style/humor.

Kinda bummed, but I'll be checking out the 60fps playthroughs and patiently waiting for Spider-Man 2.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The game looks so insanely good that if Sony ever wants to do another Ratchet TV series or even a movie that they might as well just use the assets made for this game.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so damn happy we're getting this game!

After 2016 came out I thought we would just be getting the remake treatment for the older games for awhile. Not that they wouldn't also be amazing.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
This really looks good visually, and a 60fps mode is fantastic, but I just tried the last PS4 game, and I just didn't care for the characters/style/humor.

Kinda bummed, but I'll be checking out the 60fps playthroughs and patiently waiting for Spider-Man 2.

As much as I appreciate the PS4 remake, it's one of my least favorite Ratchets. It being a budget title, tied to a movie, plus a remake/reboot kind of loses a lot of the charm in the process. The series has higher highs.

This looks to be the most ambitious ratchet game. Maybe wait for reviews or try A Crack in Time, which is a full length ratchet game.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Youtube video #8 on trending....

Ratchet series has grown a lot over the years
This video has probably been the most consistently positive I'm terms of audience reaction that I can remember.

It's physically impossible to not watch it and be left blown away with how impressive it is visually. No wonder it's trending.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
😳 Jesus Christ! How are graphics like this even possible in realtime?

Insomniac are wizards! Unbelievable!

Edit: This is even more outstanding when you consider that it's a launch window game following after their last project which was a launch game!
Even more impressive when they've gone out of their way to express that they've been making their titles without the soul crushing crunch seen at ND or Rockstar.

sionydus

Jan 2, 2021
West Coast, USA
Honestly, I was never a fan of Ratchet, Jak, or Sly as a kid so I wasn't sure about this. Now? I'm sooo hyped. Maybe if it sells like hotcakes, those other series I mentioned can be revived at this Pixar level of fidelity.

Also, I'm not ready to fully articulate why but I'm growing in conviction Insomniac should make a AAA Transformers game. I'm convinced they're the only ones who could pull it off. Imagine it: fast-paced mech action like the movies but with all the camp and quips of the cartoon. Big, cinematic sound, DualSense features. You know it sounds good. 👌

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, Insomniac has always been clutch for Sony. I remember back in the PS3 days they were basically leading the charge for the system, with both Resistance Fall of Man (launch title) and Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction coming out within a year of one another (2006/2007), and really impressing.

Insomniac are basically doing the same again with the PS5, but this time with Miles Morales and Rift Apart. They're an incredibly competent and efficient studio. Hats off to them.

Last edited:

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Never been a big R&C fan, but this looks fantastic. Still the most genuinely impressive next-gen thing I've seen from anyone so far.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
honestly, even without James Arnold Taylor being a right wing dickhead, I would be fine with this

Ratchet as a character is so far removed from the original PS2 series that he's kinda lame now with all the retcons and smoothing his rough edges so much that he's a cuddly plush toy now
I miss asshole Ratchet. With the way they write him now (and the thing with his VA), might as well take Rivet over him .

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
I miss asshole Ratchet. With the way they write him now (and the thing with his VA), might as well take Rivet over him .

I don't even need him to be an asshole. he developed in the PS2 games. He's just been slowly getting more boring once the jump to PS3 happened and he got saddled with the whole "chosen one" thing

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I appreciate the PS4 remake, it's one of my least favorite Ratchets. It being a budget title, tied to a movie, plus a remake/reboot kind of loses a lot of the charm in the process. The series has higher highs.

This looks to be the most ambitious ratchet game. Maybe wait for reviews or try A Crack in Time, which is a full length ratchet game.

Hm, interesting. Thanks. I still don't think it's my style, but I'll try to borrow or rent it if I can in that case. Definitely curious, but probably not a buy for me though. I rarely buy single-player adventure games anymore since I'm usually one and done with them.

Feb 15, 2019
Hopefully this will be the most succesful Ratchet game and will make sure quality sequels will be in store for years to come. We basically went an entire gen with only the remake which was middling so I'm starving for Ratchet.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Sony finally achieved toy story graphics in real time.
Yup, took them 20 years but we are finally here 😅.

What a time to be alive!

Toy Story was surpassed years and years ago:

SidPhillips.jpg

Toy-Story-photos-4.jpg

Lighting, environments, humans, textures, etc have been better since early PS4 generation. Of course it's way cleaner due to the fact that isn't generated in real time but...you guys remember this movie in a better light than it really is.

It was ground breaking at the time for sure though.