• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10675

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Madrid
From last trailer:

h1e7Lif.png

Northman

May 13, 2021
Probably not until mainstream SSDs on PCs become as fast as the SSD in the PS5, which may very well be 5-10 years (or even longer)

Insomniac has clearly stated that this game is only possible on PS5 because of the SSD

Edit: Should have been clearer on emphazising "mainstream". I don't think the adaption rate of next-generation PC SSDs are going to be particularly high, but hopefully it is! :)

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
How many times have we done the "it says CONSOLE exclusive PC PORT INCOMING" dance now?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This already happened with the Demon's Souls trailer, and later turned out to be a mistake.

This trailer from yesterday said just exclusive:

jstevenson can you clarify?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
That title is a bit premature considering the trailer they released 2 weeks ago had PS5 exclusive in it, and every version of the new trailer other than the english one still has PS5 exclusive at the end.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Even if this isn't corrected to call it a pure PS5 exclusive, I wouldn't assume it's happening soon. Maybe years later, maybe never, could just be Sony leaving the possibility open since they do that now.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Demons Souls Remake was a console exclusive? Good times.
It's entirely possible Demon's Souls could launch on PC a couple years from now. Same with Ratchet. I wouldn't expect any of these newer games to leave PlayStation consoles in the near term, but mid/long term? Seems fairly likely.

Oct 27, 2017
Sony really need to work on their wording lol, just say exclusive to PS5.

Well, I guess on a technicality they word it the way it is because they plan to port to PC later down the line.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Not any time 'SOON' lol. At least not for... idk 2-3 years because A) yet to see PS5 1st parties on PC.. B) if sony do decide to port it from their significantly vast portfolio of PS 1st party games..this will be upto them.. time will tell..

Honestly i don't think putting developer on the line is gonna make it worth it or is it fair to the dev because people can't confirm or deny without saying 'no plans' in their statement as the company doesn't want them talking about the subject on their own.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I imagine that at most it's just sony hedging their bets in case they decide to release it on PC in a few years.

I think anyone assuming that means that a PC version is also imminent is reaching impressively.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't this to distinguish that it is only on PS5 and not PS4?

Also why must everything be some secret code to be deciphered?

If you are willing to wait for a game just wait if not buy where it's available.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I seriously need to build a new computer.
The wait is totally fine, but not being able to match console settings is going to kill me shortly.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
oh my fucking god, just stop speculating over marketing BS

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
honestly, I think the assumption with the wording of all of Sony's 1st party stuff in terms of the "console exclusive" stuff is just leaving the door open for PC.

Not in the sense that this is all coming to PC, but that at some point in the future Ratchet and Clank or any of their 1st party could be selected as part of a small batch of titles to put on PC.

I wouldn't read much more into it. Sony was never going to put all of their 1st party games on PC. They seem to very much want/believe that PC gamers playing the select 1st party titles they put on PC, will eventually lead to a PS5 purchase.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
It's entirely possible Demon's Souls could launch on PC a couple years from now. Same with Ratchet. I wouldn't expect any of these newer games to leave PlayStation consoles in the near term, but mid/long term? Seems fairly likely.
Yeah, but op is clearly reaching with that title. Sony fixed that Demon's souls trailer immediately and even if they planned to release it on PC in a few years they would never admit it until right before.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
From what i've been told, PC wouldn't even be able to do those fast transitions yet.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Perhaps it will, perhaps it won't. Stop looking into marketing speak so much and getting your hopes up, before any official word is out.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Honestly i don't think putting developer on line is gonna make it worth it or is it fair to the dev because people can't confirm or deny without saying 'no plans' in their statement as the company doesn't want them talking about the subject on their own.

The reason I can @ james so easily is because Sony and fucking-up marketing text has been going on for so long now and it would be a surprise if it turns out to be true.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Lol no, maybe in a few years time, the requirements for this game would be crazy on PC right now, this is a proper next gen title that will require RTX I/O/Directstorage, which isn't even out on PC yet.
The titles Sony are putting on PC are obviously stuff like Dreams & maybe TLOU Factions.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
when is Ratchet and Clank 2? That is when the PC verison of this game will be announced. Sony's strategy has been super obvious, don't know why people keep thinking they are going to start doing day and date pc/ps5 games. They see PC ports as a marketing tool for the next game

Status
Not open for further replies.