• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
That's a silly thing to say. I don't need high level visuals, the visual effects, the fur on Ratcher's body, etc to play the game either, but they are all part of the product and make the (already high) asking price. If I feel like the standard edition is worse because of not having the compete editions content and the latter isn't worth $80 (hardly any game is in my opinion) then I'll wait to get that at a cheap price instead.

If anyone else isn't bothered by this or feels like this game is worth $80 then by all means. I hope they have a ton of fun playing it day 1.

All that stuff is cosmetic though?

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
32MmPHz.gif

EDk80g6.gif

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Did this trailer just confirm instantenous portals? 1:16...
God, does it look insane. Can cross-gen please be over soon?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I mean.....this is like going to a new restaurant and being upset that burgers don't come with fries and claiming they are "cut" from the meal. If the burger is worth the price, just get it. If not, it's not because it didn't come with the fries. lol
I'm getting Ratchet day one.....because in my experience, the base games are worth the price.
Digital Deluxe and other overpriced editions (see the $100+ Ubisoft shite that is released yearly) have existed now for at least a generation. I'm not passing on what is certain to be an excellent game just because some silly cosmetics aren't in the base game.
Calm down guys, I didn't say others shouldn't get it. Just saying that I'm not supporting this. You guys can pay as much as you want. No one's stopping you.
All that stuff is cosmetic though?
So is everything else within the game.
What makes you think they were cut?
When will you be able to play using those costumes? When will the stickers be available?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
There seems to be some confusion around industry trailer naming convention, so to break it down simply:

-If the trailer's got gameplay snippets (like this one), 99% of the time it'll be labeled "gameplay trailer" because it has gameplay, even if it's mostly cinematics
-"Cinematic" trailers are almost always just that, cinematics and cutscenes (pre-rendered or real-time) spliced together to form a trailer

Things like "announce trailers" or other miscellaneous ones can be whatever. This isn't all the case 100% of the time but usually. Might not be to people's expectations but that's just how most studios do it.
Appreciate the explanation.

Its crazy you even have to to explain this tho, lol.

They had a disclaimer in the trailer, and it should be easy to tell which is which.

Some ppl are acting like it a 100% CGI trailer....

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
10 dollar cosmetics is a big deal? Lmao just get the reg game. Its not a big deal.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yes and? How does that make them cut from the game as you said?
If you don't like the word "cut" then let me rephrase. "I don't want to support the $70 standard edition of the game day 1 when content that is ready by launch wasn't put into the base game to be sold as digital deluxe exclusives for a higher price".

There. Hopefully now you understand what I mean.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
The new level even loads before the flash is animated, lol

EDk80g6.gif

...crazy fast, and how i imagined it.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Feb 8, 2018
I remember how almost a decade ago I was impressed by gameplay bits of projects like SW1313 and the Watch Dogs reveal. Here we are one game is at least on the same level if not filled with more detail and maybe overall better looking. While I don't think every actual in game/gameplay moment will be on the absurd level of the cutscenes, for a game early in the gen they delivered.

Last edited:

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
10 dollar cosmetics is a big deal? Lmao just get the reg game. Its not a big deal.
Still arguing about horse armor in 2021.
Some people just want to complain
lol...it's such a weird hill to die on.
Why do you guys need me to be okay with this? lol

I already said people can buy it at whatever price they feel comfortable with and wished all of them to enjoy the game. Why does it bother you that I'm not one of those people? I only replied beyond my original post cause people felt like they needed to convince me on how I should spend my money.

Ratchet looks great. I enjoyed the 2016 Ratchet a lot. I'm sure I'll enjoy Rift Apart as well. I don't like getting "non-complete" version of games and $80 is a lot for me, so I'm gonna wait. That's it.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
If you don't like the word "cut" then let me rephrase. "I don't want to support the $70 standard edition of the game day 1 when content that is ready by launch wasn't put into the base game to be sold as digital deluxe exclusives for a higher price".

There. Hopefully now you understand what I mean.

I think it's early unlock and not full on exclusive content. Might be wrong on that one but they did the same with both spiderman games. Unless it has already been confirmed it's available only in a delux edition.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah this trailer hits hard. Looks amazing for various reasons.

The weapons here look notably more satisfying than some recent variants, like all the bombs after PS2 era are a bit lackluster to me. This one looks like it has a nice weighty "tangible" feel to it, and wait it's a BOMB LAUNCHER? A weapon variant making it's return from ps2?? Now that's exciting shit. Also seemed to have some neat effect (weapon mod) going on when it hit the enemy. Usually bomb launchers are stand ins for the "bomb glove" archetype, but iirc the first trailer had a bomb glove of some sort as well? Too lazy to look back at the video to confirm.

Never knew I wanted a minigun type weapon in Ratchet & Clank but it looks amazing. And really, the heavy angle there just works well in giving weapon effects weight & etc, something I feel like I miss a little bit with some post PS2 r&c games. Definitely a great contrast from some other blaster type weapons of late. Even the more vanilla burst pistol weapon from the previous trailer looks like a step up from the combustor. (Though the PS4 combuster was probably my favorite blaster of the post PS2 era behind ITN's dual blasters.)

Hoverboots returning are hype. Even though I think they feel best in CiT and this reminds me more of post-CiT versions of the hoverboots, still a very welcome addition. Heck even the grindrails look improved here, even if it's just for the fact that they removed the cheap looking vignette effect that the PS4 game had when you used them. It also seemed faster/more exciting here, not to mention paired up with that setpiece. Got ToD trailer vibes.

Seeing Rivet gameplay was cool, and nice to her core gameplay looks like Ratchet's (as I expected). Pretty excited to play as her for how much ever we do knowing her playstyle can't be too different at least in terms of her core mechanics.

The vehichle and flying setpieces looked exciting. The environments are S tier. Something seems so weird about seeing a more realized looking "town" in Ratchet & Clank, but weird in a good way. Not sure how realized it will actually be but still a neat little environment there.

Not too stoked about Nefarious seemingly being the central villain again but I'm pretty whatever about it. Pretty much already had that expectation adjusted from the first trailer.

Clank's VA still sounds bad, not sure what's been up with that lately. (IIRC he wasn't up to par in the PS4 game and sounds even worse here.) That's the only thing I'm negative about atm really. Overall this looks incredible. Top men and women over there at Insomniac I'll tell ya h'what.

Edit: Oh and the loading and rift mechanics also impressed me more in this trailer somehow. Looked more polished/smooth. And the NEW AGE INSOMNIAC PARKOUR. I didn't miss that wall run! Sick stuff.

Last edited:

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Why do you guys need me to be okay with this? lol

I already said people can buy it at whatever price they feel comfortable with and wished all of them to enjoy the game. Why does it bother you that I'm not one of those people? I only replied beyond my original post cause people felt like they needed to convince me on how I should spend my money.

Ratchet looks great. I enjoyed the 2016 Ratchet a lot. I'm sure I'll enjoy Rift Apart as well. I don't like getting "non-complete" version of games and $80 is a lot for me, so I'm gonna wait. That's it.
bruh we dont care, its just some random shit you are upset about that literally has zero impact on gameplay. And more than likely they prob will have Some edition later with it. Its just a weird ass complaint.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's early unlock and not full on exclusive content. Might be wrong on that one but they did the same with both spiderman games. Unless it has already been confirmed it's available only in a delux edition.
The wording make it sound like they are full on Deluxe edition exclusive:
Five armor sets made exclusively for the Digital Deluxe Edition launching on June 11!

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Of course she is Rivet. Just like I expected.*

A little disappointing. She is just a female clone of Ratchet with nothing new, same gameplay and even same rift gameplay. she even carries Clank.
I expected she would use a new robot called Clonk who instead of being carried as backpack, is a robot she rides instead and is bulkier. At least for a change.

Last edited:

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
It's crazy huh! I really hope they fuck off the PS4 version of Horizon II and increase it's scope using the SSD even if it means another year of development. If not hopefully GoW II isn't cross gen.
Yeah, that won't happen... If something is announced to be cross-gen and is releasing soon-ish, you can bet it's going to be cross-gen. I'd like to think Horizon II being cross-gen, means at least God of War isn't.

Ratchet looks amazing in every way, but God of War will kick it up a notch. Man these new consoles are fucking awesome, I'm lucky to have one. Just waiting for the games to arrive now... :)

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
To be fair, just because content is not a part of the base game does not mean it was "cut" for the purpose of adding later and ripping gamers off.

None of the DDE content was "cut" from the base game.

In fact it was all added, pretty late, to support the DDE. It's all specifically made for that edition of the game.

The Standard Edition game is the complete one we intended to ship. The DDE just has some extras

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Good spot. The flash is probably still hiding a lot of the smaller stuff from popping in, but it's impressive a basically gen 1 PS5 game is already got near instant environment swaps.

Yes, the flash is just for hiding, and it is nearly instant loading.
I mean you can see in the back on the "red lighted cave" that the black bars aren't loading in after 20ms, but everything is there after 1, maybe 1.5 sec.
I totally would call that instant loading.
Player pushes the button to swing the hammer, and after 1sec the level changed, crazy good stuff.