• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Booksmart
The funniest comedy in years

Aladdin
Just watch the animation film

Life Itself
Fuck you, Dan Fogelman. Asshole.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
未来のミライ / Mirai

kids movie, not for kids

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Captain Marvel

brilliantly magnificent, start to finish

Team America

painfully spot on, nothing changed

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
X-Men Apocalypse

Oscar Isaac for this? Really?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Us
most overrated movie of year
I wouldn't say it was overrated cause horror movies are super subjective and it was well made but yeah I thought it was disappointing especially considering how perfect Get Out was.

And I went into this one fairly blind too whereas I saw Get Out's super spoilery trailers. Which may have hurt because it was a lot goofier than I expected and sometimes I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not.

Add it to the long list of horror films where the opening is so far above the rest of the movie (The Ring comes to mind).

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
It was quite enjoyable actually.

The Hitmans Bodyguard

My actual review should have been

Motherfucker, Motherfucker, Motherfucker, Motherfucker, Motherfucker

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
For some reason i rewatched Tim Burton's Batman for the first time after 30 years.

- Keaton slept with drunk Basinger
- Kind of a B-movie
- Unfashionably naive but somewhat charming
- Movies take themselves seriously now.
- Nicholson NOT the best Joker
- Weird direction but has personality

pick one

John Wick 2

- Dumb, silly, pew, pew, pew.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
The Prospect (2018)

Sophie Thatcher was pretty great.

8/10

The Perfection

You should watch whiplash instead

But what if you've already watched Whiplash???? Actually, I thought The Perfection was pretty good for two-thirds of the way through, and then the final third kind of just fell apart.

- Nicholson NOT the best Joker

No shit, and the echo chamber that claimed otherwise just seemed to be doing so solely because it was Nicholson, not because he actually did the character justice. Even when I saw the film at release I thought he was ridiculous. Ledger just emphasized that even more almost two decades later.

I wouldn't say it was overrated cause horror movies are super subjective and it was well made but yeah I thought it was disappointing especially considering how perfect Get Out was.

And I went into this one fairly blind too whereas I saw Get Out's super spoilery trailers. Which may have hurt because it was a lot goofier than I expected and sometimes I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not.

Add it to the long list of horror films where the opening is so far above the rest of the movie (The Ring comes to mind).

I think anymore when I go to the theater it's a gamble on whether or not I'll be awake all the way through. I often go when I'm feeling tired, and if the movie just isn't doing enough for me, I'll usually doze off, miss at least thirty minutes (if not more) of it and then have to fully watch it later on when it gets released on blu-ray. I think I missed about forty-five minutes of Us. Saw the main plot points during the beginning when all the chaos first started and then the really odd explanation at the end. Aside from Hannibal in 2001, this is legitimately only the second horror/thriller film I fell asleep on.

Last edited:

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Tolkien

A really nice story about fellowship (8/10)

Ma

Surprising yet predictable horror story (7/10)