• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
2024 update:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq_ECDk-y8U

its not even finished yet it looks better than those graphics overhaul mods that the blackbox games already have.
i need midnight club 2 pc with rtx remix so bad

This project is still in very early development stages. It may not look good right now, but things will change.

Join the RTX Remix discord server, and head to the Need For Speed General thread under the remix-projects channel, and check the top pinned message.
Join the server from this link: https://discord.gg/xEs8tSR6qr

What's new:
-Edited Road textures even more
-Lowered the amount of volumetric fog.
-Thanks to the latest RTX Remix update, light culling can be prevented. Lights are now very stable (Still not perfect)

FAQ
-Why is the game stuttering?
The game is stuttering due to screen recording. Actual gameplay is very smooth. Even on weaker computers.

-Shiny roads bad.
Yes, but in the original game, the roads are also very shiny, and it rains every 5 minutes

-You cannot put RTX in such an old game. This is fake.
I'm using Nvidia's RTX Remix software to achieve this. For more information, visit this link (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/...)

-Why do the lights disappear?
This is because the game uses very aggressive culling to hide all models and lights outside of the camera view, in order to save performance.

-No headlights.
I'm working on it.

-This looks like crap.
ok.

-Is this screen space raytracing?
No, this is full path tracing.

View: https://youtu.be/_d9BpYgoGhE

Last edited:

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
now this is the work of God

give me a reason , the tiniest of reasons to play NFSU2 again please

darkNemisiScloud

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Damn this looks like a new game, if only we got underground 3, I don't understand why that's so hard for them to greenlight.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Damn this looks like a new game, if only we got underground 3, I don't understand why that's so hard for them to greenlight.
We will never get an Underground game the way we want it. It would be a live/gaas game otherwise they will never greenlight it. AAA racing games like we used to have are a thing of the past. I think Forza Horizon tries to get the right balance but is not arcadey enough for me.

Condwiramurs

Nov 10, 2020
era being era lmao
looks amazing already
screenshot2023-06-011vtezd.jpg

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
Just give me a DAMN need for speed underground 2 curent gen remake, DO IT EA YOU COWARDS!!!!

will sell like hot cakes.

Zedelima

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I think i played more than 300 hours back in the day lol. Had all the map memorized

Still wish for a third one

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Wow this looks amazing. Makes me want to play it again once this mod is complete.

Did this modder fix the 60fps issue by any chance too? The game is capped at 30fps even on PC, but you can unlock it to 60. Problem is it breaks the rain effects.

Everything doesn't need to be raytraced that looks old gen as hell.

Nothing needs to be raytraced, but it's still fun to see.

There's no reason why an optional mod can't exist. It's not hurting you.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
I am super impressed they managed to apparently get rid of the behind the camera culling in this most recent video - the lights turning off in the previous ones was quite obvious and I am not seeing it here.

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU1VfYYKMDk
LESSS GOOOOO!
I managed to run Most Wanted 2006 with rtx few days ago, however fullscreen didn't work properly and when it did, it was only in 640p res. Atleast this Underground 2 rtx project seems to be working well.

I hope Hot Pursuit 2 gets rtx treatment too since EA never remastered it like they did with the first one. Driving thru beautiful ray tracing roads and landscapes while The Buzzhorn - Ordinary is playing in the backgroud, that would be sweet.

I think turning down the brightness of the lights might help a bit. As it is, the lights kinda overwhelm the image during certain sections of the race and make the car a bit more difficult to focus on. And sometimes the car is just too dim in general.

Some sections look perfect though.

Also, I have no clue if you can actually turn down the brightness of the lights when raytracing.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Genuinely elevates the art style, the motion blur is great too. I love that the floating neon chevrons now have a physical influence on the surroundings

Stainless

Feb 26, 2018
Nashville,TN
I spent so many hours in both these games just customizing the cars. Even to this day I haven't spent that much time in any other game just focusing on the style/appearance of the vehicles

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Are the official RTX Remix tools out yet? Or is this still being done by modding the Portal RTX files?

KRT

Aug 7, 2020
The lighting makes car models (and buildings as well tbh) look very plastic. If this can be fixed then this would be a great way to experience the game again.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I love stuff like this. I'll take some ray tracing in older games where my PC can run it buttery smooth (hopefully).

Oct 25, 2017
Man oh man I hope Most Wanted 2005 gets this kind of treatment. Once this mod is done I'm gonna tear through this game.