• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf are y'all talking about? Certainly some of you that I'm quoting must be male. Do you consider yourself trash?
Yes.
WKJmcfT.jpg

(Fuck Razer)

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Wtf are y'all talking about? Certainly some of you that I'm quoting must be male. Do you consider yourself trash?

We try not to be, but sadly men are the most likely to be trash in this context.

Razer too, instead of condemning harassement, they go for the streamer. Shit company with shit products.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, are people really taking a statetement like that literally?

It is pretty obvious how it is aimed to the toxic average male gamer

Are we REALLY going to pretend "ALL MEN ARE TRASH" is discrimination? Like holy shit

Poor marginalized gamer men! :(

Hahahaha, yeah. How are people taking offense at this? How can we deny the average male gamer is toxic and sexist as fuck?

She's not saying every single one of us is trash.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The implication is "men who harass women are trash" not "literally every man who has ever existed is trash", come on now.

Some of ya'll need to chill, she isn't insulting you unless you harass women online in which case you deserve to be called trash.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
The funny part is that this kind of men always say stuff like "everything is offensive these days, let me have fun!!"

But a woman say "men are trash" to stalkers and OUTRAGE

Gabi's comments, translated

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
To better contextualize the thread, here's what I could gather from this:

Her original tweet (direct translation below):

gMT7m38.jpg

"There will always be a fucking man to talk shit and sexualize women even when a woman is making a joke, right? That's why men are trash."

GwmvgVH.jpg

- "Gee, Gabi, you don't need to generalize either :("
- "Yes, I do. When we say this stuff, men say "hey, don't generalize, not all men" and on their FIRST opportunity, act like assholes towards a girl. Men that aren't TRASH are the exception, not the majority. We need to generalize so these sons of bitches wake up."

She apologized not long after these tweets, though, but she kept being harassed (of course). She and her family are receiving death threats, with people posting places she goes to on Chan.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing wrong with what she said. Shame on Razer for doing this bullshit.

Also yeah, men are trash.

Jan 15, 2019
Shouldn't be surprising that if you offend the customer base of a company sponsoring you, it's in their best interest to stop sponsoring you. I think she's entirely in the right here, but in capitalism the financial incentive to behave morally only matters to your bottom line insofar as it matters to your customers, and in the case of Razer I kinda doubt their base of 12-35 year old gamers is going to be particularly feminist.

And lol at anyone taking "personal offense" to anything she said.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Are we REALLY going to pretend "ALL MEN ARE TRASH" is discrimination? Like holy shit

Poor marginalized gamer men! :(

I can't tell if those people taking offense to it are joking or not, and it doesn't seem like they're joking.

Sometimes Era isn't as different from the rest of the internet as you think.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow so there's a NOT ALL MEN defense brigade here too? Way to make her point guys lol.

Fuck Razer.

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (Permenant): Consistent history of misogyny and inflammatory false equivalencies surrounding sexism; previous severe infractions.
Do not generalize an entire group of people.

Mezati99

Banned
Feb 6, 2019
Planet Earth
User Banned (1 Month): Sexist Trolling and Inflammatory False Equivalence; Modwhining and a Previous Ban for Similar Behavior
Wait she's right though
where's the lie tho? men ARE trash.
And she is not even wrong LMAO

This is ridiculous

I didnt think this was going to blow out like this. I saw it yesterday on Facebook and I was like "LOL men are so fucking fragile".

I cant believe Razor did this.

Denzel-Washington-Drinking.gif

you're wrong tho, All women are trash

now let's see who gets the ban hammer, come on mods, prove me wrong

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): Rationalizing harassment.
She did not say every man is trash. Her tweet was more in the line of "Men are trash, and the ones who are not are the exception". Her tweet said, in direct translation, "Men are trash". It's a generalization based on her experience with harassment in the gaming community, which is something we all know the sordid details, and was the context of the tweet.

I appreciate the clarification.

It's unfortunate, then, that she didn't address specifically those people instead of painting everyone with the same brush, resulting in an easily misconstrued condemnation. Yes, surprise surprise, your choice of words means a great deal in how your message is received.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Just when you think you've seen it all, men get together to fight "discrimination" like this. What's next, white people claiming there's no such thing as white privilege?

Oct 28, 2017
Sometimes I wonder how it must feel to have such a brittle spirit that a comment like that gives you the urge to harras somone. Razer is weak as hell, wish I could boycott them, but their gear is trash, so I didn't buy their stuff anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
That's the source post for contextualization.
D92kESLXoAACwid.jpg:large

Zogek:
Well Gabi don't generalize :(
Gabi:
I Need. When you say this kind of thing, comes the guys "Oh but don't generalize, it's not everybody" And at the first opportunity they're asshole with woman. Man who is not a SHIT is an exception, not a majority. You have to generalize even to see if those motherfuckers wake up.

*Quick translation.*

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Trash ass company that makes tacky trash products.

Oh those poor oppressed fragile male gamers, how terrible their plight is, let me pull out my violin and play them a song...

And LMAO people in here really going #NotAllMen. Typical.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

gMT7m38.jpg

"There will always be a fucking man to talk shit and sexualize women even when a woman is making a joke, right? That's why men are trash."

GwmvgVH.jpg

- "Yes, I do. When we say this stuff, men say "hey, don't generalize, not all men" and on their FIRST opportunity, act like assholes towards a girl. Men that aren't TRASH are the exception, not the majority. We need to generalize so these sons of bitches wake up."

She apologized not long after these tweets, though, but she kept being harassed (of course). She and her family are receiving death threats, with people posting places she goes to on Chan.

Exactly what she said is now translated and in context. People should read this before any hot take.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017

gMT7m38.jpg

GwmvgVH.jpg

Do you have link to the apologies as well?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Usually when someone say a thing like this or lmao white people and so on I don't get offended. Why would I feel attacked if I know what they're referring to?

it's that easy.

axo_tio

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory false equivalencies surrounding sexism, concern trolling in regards to harassment, modwhining
As a man I don't really care what some random person on twitter says about men.
But as a user of this forum I find really embarrasing the amount of hypocrisy and double standards in many of the replies here, even with mods on the thread.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

gMT7m38.jpg

GwmvgVH.jpg

Thank you for providing screen caps, translations, and actually useful information.

Ragnite

Oct 27, 2017
The second paragraph from that statement straight up looks like a post from /r/GamersRiseUp. Can't believe a brand would unironically post that lmao

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Can't want for somebody to compile a list of blatantly sexist, sexist, homophobic, and transphobe Razer's male influencers have said.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Digging through her tweets, there seems to be another female streamer just straight-up pandering to the alt-right scum by attacking her.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But as a user of this forum I find really embarrasing the amount of hypocrisy and double standards in many of the replies here, even with mods on the thread.

This is so bullshit. Stop being passive aggressive and just say what you want.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
When I know what men have done in history to women, especially when challenged to you know, not be trash? Damn straight.

You can't be pissed and pull a #notallmen when a women faces harassment just because of her job, which incidentally happened to be entertaining these fragile fuckwits. The same fragile fuckwits who respond to being called trash with death threats.

Pulling the gamers has oppressed card unironically is also trash. Nothing here disproves her point. She's the victim here and yet we still have people going "but she's so mean!".

That attitude is also trash. Don't want the label? Tell another fellow man to not be trash every day until they stop.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One group of people faces daily harrasment and discrimination. The other doesn't. So, we can live with a bit of double standard. Also, context.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
when you do a generalization you are not talking about every single one, you are talking about the group that is dominant or the message is destined to. when i say "men should stop being misogynists", there's men that are not, so its clear that i'm talking to a group of men, its pretty clear that she's saying that to men that harass women and its a big group of men.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you get offended by her statement, you are indeed the problem.

It's as simple as that.

OP
OP
The Last One

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

gMT7m38.jpg

GwmvgVH.jpg