• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Why this is resurfacing now
Oct 25, 2017
This incident happened 2 years ago aparentely but has resurfaced now.
I don't know who she is but I know why this resurfaced: there is a brazilian youtube channel in the style of The Quartering doing a bunch of outrage videos regarding gaming that recently did a video on her (and on "the media attacking CDPR over Cyberpunk's MC being white").

Thank you youtube recommendations for filling my screen with such good content. :puke:

Wtf are y'all talking about? Certainly some of you that I'm quoting must be male. Do you consider yourself trash?
As a matter of fact, yes.

Also, fucking context.

you're wrong tho, All women are trash

now let's see who gets the ban hammer, come on mods, prove me wrong
wow what a fucking martyr you are!

Dec 3, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Denzel-Washington-Drinking.gif

you're wrong tho, All women are trash

now let's see who gets the ban hammer, come on mods, prove me wrong

*gasp* Such bravery, we're all stunned!

Here's your cookie:

DR74mdWWkAAX5JI

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
at least her role lasted twice as long as the average razer product does before breaking down

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I'm seeing a victim of abuse responding with understandable negative sentiment towards her abusers and Razer then pathetically siding with the abusers against the victim. Followed by a predictable dose of victim blaming from "gamers".

The semantics of a tweet shouldn't be the focus of discussion here at all, I just hope her and her family can stay strong through this.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It's quite evident that there are men who are trash, so it seems about right to me.

Also, I don't expect people who are under a lot of stress to be incredibly precise about their wording anyway. Humans don't speak literally all of the time.

OP
OP
The Last One

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing a victim of abuse responding with understandable negative sentiment towards her abusers and Razer then pathetically siding with the abusers against the victim. Followed by a predictable dose of victim blaming from "gamers".

The semantics of a tweet shouldn't be the focus of discussion here at all, I just hope her and her family can stay strong through this.

Thanks, agreed 100%.

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol calling someone trash is a pretty mild insult in comparison to most harassment online. Fuck Razer and their trash ass products.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If you take offense to the statement maybe take a step back and ask yourself why. If you're a man and not trash, then she's not talking about you.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Don't take the words of this woman so literally. This is just a common type of reaction to a bad experience.

I am opposed to all generalizations, and it really shouldn't be defended here by so many of you. I am not trash.

But some of you are also taking this too personal and dismissing the fact that acts of sexual harassment are initiated mostly by us.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory false equivalencies surrounding sexism; concern trolling in regards to harassment; mod whining
The double standards of Resetera strike again.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Technically, I can't boycott Razer because their stuff are tasteless edgy products I would never buy in the first place.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I saw this earlier today. They are posting the address places that she attends in 4chan. the community gamer is ridiculous. at least after harassment and note of Razer many people came give support to her.

Also on the Twitter replies: Razer, For broxas, By broxas LMAO

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Thread Derailment Surrounding Sexism
I don't mind that she was upset and said that, especially since she clarified and even apologized for the generalizations later. It's certainly not fair that she has to deal with that. I have no problem with her and I hope she gets through this just fine.

But people in this thread saying, "yes, men are trash" and later reiterating, "yes, all men" and "even me, I'm trash"

Screw you. I feel bad enough about myself on a daily basis that I don't need you assholes telling me I'm trash just because I'm a man and so many other men suck. Yes, you did tell me I'm trash. You said all men, multiple times. You're calling yourselves trash. You're implying I should do the same. I don't deserve to feel like this, and you shouldn't tell me to.

Can't wait for you all to tell me I'm fragile. Yes, I am fragile. I'm a loser, I'm miserable, I hate myself every day. Thanks for contributing to that.

Longer response (translated, via Tweetlonger)

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
She also posted a longer response, talking about her side of the story, on Tweetlonger. It's very telling, also quite shocking how apologetic she is. She must be desperately trying to kill this before it gets worse, and with the threats and personal information being posted, I'm not surprised.

Original text said:
Oi gente!

Essa é a ultima vez que eu vou comentar sobre o assunto, ok? Aqui vai ter um resumão de tudo o que aconteceu. Se você quiser dar uma chance pra essa leitura, agradeço, se não, vida que segue.

Um tweet meu viralizou essa semana em que eu falava "homem é lixo e os que não são, são exceções".

Iniciaram uma caça às bruxas depois desse tweet por conta do que eu disse, então eu só gostaria de pontuar algumas coisas:

1. A minha intenção com essa frase foi: "Sempre que eu posto alguma coisa em que eu deixe 1% de brecha pra ser feita uma piada de mal gosto, muito homem vai lá e faz. 90% dos comentários geralmente são feitos por homens e desse jeito. Os que não fazem, são exceções. Se você não vai lá fazer piada escrota, parabéns, você é a exceção e eu agradeço por isso." A intenção nunca foi ser misândrica e muito menos xingar TODOS os homens (até porque, eu disse que haviam sim exceções). Entendam por favor: eu posto fotos todos os dias, e todos os dias a maior parte dos comentários são ofensivos ou sexualizando algo que nem tem como ser sexualizado. São poucos os homens que comentam com coisas interessantes ou comentários não-ofensivos aqui no Twitter (e por essas pessoas eu sou grata, são as exceções que salvam o meu dia). Eu não costumo responder a pessoa quando ela posta algo ofensivo, eu só ignoro ou bloqueio e sigo a vida. Mas, naquele caso e naquele dia, eu estourei e fiz o comentário infeliz, que foi interpretado de forma mais infeliz ainda por muitos.

2. O comentário ao rapaz no Instagram que falou "tá gordinha hein" não tem justificativa. Eu fui babaca, peço desculpas. Ele foi babaca também? Sim! Mas eu reagi de forma 10x pior.

3. Ao rapaz do clipe na Twitch. Essa situação foi explicada aqui no Twitter: eu era super esquentada na época (1-2 anos atrás, quando eu comecei a fazer lives), era bem babaca durante as lives, e eu mudei TOTALMENTE o meu comportamento desse ano pra cá. No começo do ano fiz um tweet explicando que queria ser uma pessoa melhor e estaria me comportando de forma mais calma durante as lives. PS: após os tweets que eu postei explicando isso, o rapaz que POSTOU o clipe veio conversar comigo, disse que sentia muito pois ele não queria que a situação virasse essa caça à minha pessoa, eu pedi desculpas pessoalmente pra ele e ele deletou o tweet pro pessoal parar de falar sobre aquilo porque já estava RESOLVIDO.

No mais, creio que seja isso. Eu sei que muitos não concordam com o que eu disse e, de certa forma, eu mesma vi que foi tóxico depois que eu analisei a situação como um todo.

Eu sou uma pessoa sempre na minha, nunca tretei com ninguém e nunca foi a minha intenção também. Eu tenho ficado quieta desde o acontecido porque diversos chans, fóruns e grupos de facebook começaram a ameaçar a mim e aos meus pais. Esta é a minha última declaração sobre o assunto, espero que tenha sido esclarecedora aos que ainda tenham alguma dúvida.

Tenham todos uma excelente semana,

Gabi

Translation said:
Hey, guys!

This is the last time i will comment on this subject, ok? Here goes a big summary of everything that has happened. If you want to give this read a shot, I'll be thankful. If not, life goes on.

One of my tweets went viral this week, in which I said "Men who aren't trash are the exception".

People started a witch hunt after this tweet because of what I said, so I would just like to point out a few things:

1. My intention with that sentence was: "Every time I post something leaving 1% of a breach open to tasteless jokes, a lot of men go on and make the joke. 90% of the comments are usually by men and in the same nature. The ones who don't, are the exception. If you don't make the tasteless jokes, congratulations. You're the exception and I thank you for that." My intention was never to be misandrist, even less so to offend ALL men (I even said there were exceptions). Please, understand: I post pictures every day, and every day most of the comments are offensive or sexualizing something that isn't even "sexualizeable". Few are the men posting interesting stuff, or non-offensive comments on Twitter (and for these people, I'm grateful. They're the exception that saves my day). I don't usually respond to people that post offensive stuff, I just ignore or block them and move on. But that day, I broke and made an unfortunate comment, that was misinterpreted in an even more unfortunate way by so many.

2. The comment I made to the guy who said on instagram "You're chubby, eh?" is unjustifiable. I was an asshole, I apologize. Was he an asshole too? Yes. But I reacted ten times worse.

3. To the guy who posted the Twitch clip. This situation was explained here on Twitter: I was super hot headed back in the day (1-2 years ago, when I started streaming), I was a jerk on stream, and I COMPLETELY changed my behavior since then. Early this year I tweeted that I wanted to become a better person and that I would behave in more calmly manner during streams. PS: after the tweets explaining this, the guy who posted the clip came to talk to me and said he was sorry because he didn't want this to become a witch hunt against me, I personally apologized to him and he deleted his tweet, so people would stop talking about that because it was dealt with.

I think this is it. I know many don't agree with what I said and, in some way, I saw that it was toxic in hindsight.

I'm a reserved person, never had problems with other people and this was never my intention either. I've been quiet since this blew up because several Chans and forums and Facebook groups started to threaten me and my parents. This is my last word on the matter, I hope it's been clarifying to the ones who still had questions.

I hope you have an excellent week.

Gabi

Source

Last edited:

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I don't mind that she was upset and said that, especially since she clarified and even apologized for the generalizations later. It's certainly not fair that she has to deal with that. I have no problem with her and I hope she gets through this just fine.

But people in this thread saying, "yes, men are trash" and later reiterating, "yes, all men" and "even me, I'm trash"

Screw you. I feel bad enough about myself on a daily basis that I don't need you assholes telling me I'm trash just because I'm a man and so many other men suck. Yes, you did tell me I'm trash. You said all men, multiple times. You're calling yourselves trash. You're implying I should do the same. I don't deserve to feel like this, and you shouldn't tell me to.

Can't wait for you all to tell me I'm fragile. Yes, I am fragile. I'm a loser, I'm miserable, I hate myself every day. Thanks for contributing to that.

Girl gets harassed, now gets death threats and doxxed along with her family:

1 line.

"Men are trash":

4 lines of response.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

This isn't about you though, it's about her. If you're not harassing women online, congratulations you're probably a decent person and you're not who she's talking about.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017

The point is over here, you appear to have missed it.

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific NW
User banned (2 weeks): Inflammatory false equivalencies surrounding race and gender.
Not sure why there can't just be an equal standard. All woman are trash would be an abhorrent and ridiculous thing to say. Same with All men are trash. See also: all white people are trash, all black people are trash, all old people are trash, all young people are trash.

This isn't OK no matter what subset you are talking about. Unless its about mobile games. All mobile games really are trash.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
She's not really wrong, and some of the replies in this thread are what I'd expect from places like GAF or /v/. it's pretty easy to not take offense to her comments by simply not being the kind of man she's talking about in her tweet. It's a two-step program.

1. Don't be trash.
2. Don't get morally outraged when other men are trash and women call them out on it.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

C'mon man, it's not that serious. I say "gamers are trash" all the time and spend my free time in ERA.

I have those issues too. I can't recommend this thread enough if you need to vent: https://www.resetera.com/threads/mental-health-era-ot2-community-and-understanding.95803/