• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
This isn't about you though, it's about her. If you're not harassing women online, congratulations you're probably a decent person and you're not who she's talking about.
It's not about me, but people in this thread are going out of their way to make people they don't know like me feel bad, and I felt like responding because I'm having a bad day.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
when you do a generalization you are not talking about every single one, you are talking about the group that is dominant or the message is destined to. when i say "men should stop being misogynists", there's men that are not, so its clear that i'm talking to a group of men, its pretty clear that she's saying that to men that harass women and its a big group of men.

Thank you for explaining it. Because this wasn't clear to me, but it makes sense.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
It's almost like I'm talking to people in this thread rather than her, huh?

The thread is about a girl who just said "men are trash", because she got harassed (not just after), now is getting doxxed, her family is getting doxxed, she and her family receives death threats, she was fired for that and you make it about you.

It's not about me, but people in this thread are going out of their way to make people they don't know like me feel bad, and I felt like responding because I'm having a bad day.

No one shouldnt make you feel bad if someone says "men are trash". I dont feel like trash, I am not trash, but a lot of men are. Its just semantics, especially after being through a lot of harassment...

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I don't mind that she was upset and said that, especially since she clarified and even apologized for the generalizations later. It's certainly not fair that she has to deal with that. I have no problem with her and I hope she gets through this just fine.

But people in this thread saying, "yes, men are trash" and later reiterating, "yes, all men" and "even me, I'm trash"

Screw you. I feel bad enough about myself on a daily basis that I don't need you assholes telling me I'm trash just because I'm a man and so many other men suck. Yes, you did tell me I'm trash. You said all men, multiple times. You're calling yourselves trash. You're implying I should do the same. I don't deserve to feel like this, and you shouldn't tell me to.

Can't wait for you all to tell me I'm fragile. Yes, I am fragile. I'm a loser, I'm miserable, I hate myself every day. Thanks for contributing to that.

I mean...

Why did you decide to make this story, one about a woman being harassed online by a bunch of idiots...about you?

That's the problem. It's not about you. You decided to make it about you.

erekiddo

Electric
Oct 25, 2017
1439.jpg

Elekid is kinda bad, not gonna lie.

WHY I OUTTA.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
everytime i hear some bullshit about mens discrimination, it always comes from gamers

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
She also posted a longer response, talking about her side of the story, on Tweetlonger. It's very telling, also quite shocking how apologetic she is. She must be desperately trying to kill this before it gets worse, and with the threats and personal information being posted, I'm not surprised.

Source

This really puts things on perspective considering men were gathering together on Facebook videogame groups to go all out against her on Twitter

They literally proved her but she had to apologize. I am mad.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
She did not say every man is trash. Her tweet was more in the line of "Men are trash, and the ones who are not are the exception". Her tweet said, in direct translation, "Men are trash". It's a generalization based on her experience with harassment in the gaming community, which is something we all know the sordid details, and was the context of the tweet.

Then the OP is misleading and should be corrected; The Last One , could you please? Otherwise watch the thread become 20 pages long by guys taking offense. :P

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Trolling in a Sensitive Thread
Not sure why there can't just be an equal standard. All woman are trash would be an abhorrent and ridiculous thing to say. Same with All men are trash. See also: all white people are trash, all black people are trash, all old people are trash, all young people are trash.
Nah apparently when you say "all X are trash" you mean something completely different. You say "all" but it's not actually "all".

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why there can't just be an equal standard. All woman are trash would be an abhorrent and ridiculous thing to say. Same with All men are trash. See also: all white people are trash, all black people are trash, all old people are trash, all young people are trash.

This isn't OK no matter what subset you are talking about. Unless its about mobile games. All mobile games really are trash.
There will be equal standard the day men stop being trash by sending death threats to female streamers over fucking nothing.
Don't hold your breath.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I don't mind that she was upset and said that, especially since she clarified and even apologized for the generalizations later. It's certainly not fair that she has to deal with that. I have no problem with her and I hope she gets through this just fine.

But people in this thread saying, "yes, men are trash" and later reiterating, "yes, all men" and "even me, I'm trash"

Screw you. I feel bad enough about myself on a daily basis that I don't need you assholes telling me I'm trash just because I'm a man and so many other men suck. Yes, you did tell me I'm trash. You said all men, multiple times. You're calling yourselves trash. You're implying I should do the same. I don't deserve to feel like this, and you shouldn't tell me to.

Can't wait for you all to tell me I'm fragile. Yes, I am fragile. I'm a loser, I'm miserable, I hate myself every day. Thanks for contributing to that.
This isn't about you

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you feel threatened by this as a male, despite many clarifications in the thread then I don't know what to say to you.
Im not offended personally by anything. I dont consider myself trash.

But let's say, somone on here was to make a thread that his wife cheated on him divorced him and took all his stuffand what not someone replied "all women are trash" that person would be banned in a blink of an eye. It wouldnt be interpreted as "he clearly meant woman who cheat"

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

This is a 'you' problem, to be honest.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I really wonder how some of you guys can step outside and not break in pieces which such display of fragility here.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

But let's say, somone on here was to make a thread that his wife cheated on him divorced him and took all his stuffand what not someone replied "all women are trash" that person would be banned in a blink of an eye. It wouldnt be interpreted as "he clearly meant woman who cheat"

Not quite the same scenario my dude.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
The thread is about a girl who just said "men are trash", because she got harassed (not just after), now is getting doxxed, her family is getting doxxed, she and her family receives death threats, she was fired for that and you make it about you.

No one shouldnt make you feel bad if someone says "men are trash". I dont feel like trash, I am not trash, but a lot of men are. Its just semantics, especially after being through a lot of harassment...
This isn't about you
I mean...

Why did you decide to make this story, one about a woman being harassed online by a bunch of idiots...about you?

That's the problem. It's not about you. You decided to make it about you.
This thread isn't about me, but there are posts in this thread that make me feel bad, and I am inclined to respond.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No bullshit, if you're feeling bad about yourself you should log off talk to a counselor, therapist, or close friend. Arguing with people on the internet on matters you have no actual stakes in is not going to positively impact your mental health.

On discussion of this topic

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Official Staff Communication
This thread is about a woman who suffered harassment, lost her sponsorship for defending herself, and is now suffering more sexist harassment and threats. False equivalencies surrounding sexism will not be tolerated. Posts that try to twist this into a discussion about how mean or inaccurate her generalization was, or how they feel personally attacked by her comment, will not be tolerated either.

Oct 25, 2017
The origin was 1yr ago or so:

One of the video mirrors.

Random guy from chat:
Hi Gabi, which app do you use?
Gabi:
Seriously? You visit my Channel for the first time and just want to know which app I use? I use your penis in the middle of your ass. I do an eight with your penis so he can fit in your ass... That's what I use! You like that?

Gabi apologies:

B1Vzo43.jpg

2HhaJjf.jpg

Gomlcoj.jpg

xRu7v5e.jpg

v3h0j7n.jpg

Gabi:
Hi guys!

About the video that's out there on the internet:
It was a clip from 2 years ago, I behaved very bad in my Channel
and I apologized earlier this year for my attitudes
and I'm trying to make me a better person.

I think everyone make mistakes and my error of 1 ~ 2 years ago was to behave me like that.
Sorry again, good week for those who stay.

I will be off for a few days, they are threatening my family and friends.

Do not worry about me, I'm taking this time to reflect on how I can improve
myself in relation to everything that happened.

Thanks.

André:
Hi Gabi!
So it was me that you spoke like that on the day in question.
I was upset because I did not know you well and I could not even try to argue
because I was blocked in your Channel when I commented "Wow, that's was unnecessary" after many laughs in your chat.
I was sick, you know ...

The clip is less than 1 year ago. I could not tell if you had changed yourself because I stopped following
your Channel. Actually, I had no way to follow you, right?

I had no idea the video would have so much repercussion.
I don't think this "Hunting Witches" is definitely right and it's definitely absurd to threaten you and your family.
Whether you've apologized to me or not, you don't deserve to go through with it.

My DM is open if you want to talk to me. Be fine!

Gabi:
I apologize to you for that, the person that I was at that time does not represent me anymore.
Unfortunately it turned out to be "Hunting Witches" because people always give value to the side of the history they condemns.

Thanks for talk with me. Be fine!

André:
Ok, I forgive you.
I'll delete the video.
I believe in your word and I sincerely hope that you will be fine.
Good night!

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Yep that's the words of someone who couldn't take that shit any more and took it out on the next guy who turned up.

I'm glad the guy involved didn't take it personally! If only others could learn from that eh?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
So the guy she took her frustration out on turned out to be much more reasonable and level-headed than all the children sending death threats and proving her point. If only they could learn a lesson here... but they won't because they're idiots, all of them.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil's corporate structure now is flooded with fascist after Bolsonaro's election. The justice system is completely lenient to such offensives. It's a shame but unless there's a popular uprising against Bolsonaro as his goons this will keep going.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Holy freaking crap. All she did was stand up for herself and RAZER still threw her under the boss. Shame on them and shame on the monsters who can't handle the idea of a woman gamer being better than them or not being an object for them to gawk at.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you "not all men" people realize you're justifying the abuse this poor woman is getting for a (very true) statement?

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
People are literally lining up to get themselves banned in this thread, it's absolutely fucking astounding.

Deleted member 12186

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's simple

She obviously can't mean everyone. She isn't talking about me, I mind my own business. Let's just say for the sake of arguement she does mean me as well(somehow), well...you're wrong lady cause I know me better than you think you know me. Now unless theres evidence of me being toxic to women specifically, then she'd have a case(she doesn't though because I don't even put myself out there and don't roll like that).

People should try to look at it that way and examine yourself and your own conduct and behavior. If you are truly innocent, she can't possibly be referring to you(whether she realizes or not). So.....you're good, don't worry and focus instead on the toxic examples before you and side with the victim instead of calling them into question because a statement makes you unnecessarily feel shes implicating you.

You can be male and be that exception by just doing that, instead shes getting other "innocent" men dogpiling and justifying death threats(death threats peoples....come on).

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people

From my point of you this means you don't understand the balance of power in this case. Whether that's related to domestic violence, sexual abuse or something mundane like work. In these cases you can't make a 1:1 equivalence because in there are cases in which men have more power over women.

There's for instance a popular song in Germany which is literally called "Men Are Pigs" and guess what, no one felt threatened by this back in the day. Because people know it references those cases in which men are objectifying women for example. Due to very obvious cultural reasons a song about women being pigs would never have the same effect or meaning. It's just within the last few years that anti-feminist and right wing internet movements are trying to pull a "all lives matter" thing. So again if you feel threatened (even if it'd be unjustified) by this, then I can't really help you besides recommending to get more self confidence and reflecting about your role in society - and I don't mean this in a condescending way because we have too many cynical assholes on this planet.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So the guy she took her frustration out on turned out to be much more reasonable and level-headed than all the children sending death threats and proving her point. If only they could learn a lesson here... but they won't because they're idiots, all of them.

To be clear, that fortinite video is old and was only posted by the "gamers" who wanted to show that she is a bad person. The reason why she made the commentary about men it was because she posted a picture riding a mechanic bull and some guy responded "you can ride me anytime".

DrownDown

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory False Equivalence Surrounding Sexism; Concern Trolling Regarding Harassment; Account in Junior Phase
Wow.

People getting banned for taking offense by a generalization.

Generalization being repeated by members of whom aren't getting banned...

Only on resetera.

P.S. You can be discriminated on without being oppressed. Dont believe me? Use a dictionary.

Cant beleive this hive mind sometimes. Nothing is ever objectively thought thru lmao.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
It's simple

She obviously can't mean everyone. She isn't talking about me, I mind my own business. Let's just say for the sake of arguement she does mean me as well(somehow), well...you're wrong lady cause I know me better than you think you know me. Now unless theres evidence of me being toxic to women specifically, then she'd have a case(she doesn't though because I don't even put myself out there and don't roll like that).

People should try to look at it that way and examine yourself and your own conduct and behavior. If you are truly innocent, she can't possibly be referring to you(whether she realizes or not). So.....you're good, don't worry and focus instead on the toxic examples before you and side with the victim instead of calling them into question because a statement makes you unnecessarily feel shes implicating you.

You can be male and be that exception by just doing that, instead shes getting other "innocent" men dogpiling and justifying death threats(death threats peoples....come on).

i appreciate your line of thinking, and in an ideal world it's how it would work. unfortunately it falls short because in this day and age most can't think past the stages of breathing.

she's not getting other "innocent" men to do anything cause those guys aren't innocent. she is literally just existing. by very virtue of the fact that they're getting offended by her, they're showing their true colours. they are actually trash.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow.

People getting banned for taking offense by a generalization.

Generalization being repeated by members of whom aren't getting banned...

Only on resetera.

P.S. You can be discriminated on without being oppressed. Dont believe me? Use a dictionary.

Cant beleive this hive mind sometimes. Nothing is ever objectively thought thru lmao.

lol

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The majority of shitty things that happen are down to men and with the shit that woman and especially female gamers get, I completely understand her take. Razer Brazil are trash.

And the guys saying "what if we say all women are trash!" Like, come the fuck on, grow up. I've had terrible experiences with women that have messed up my life but even I know that in general, women have to deal with a lot, lot, lot more shit than us men.

The hate and death threats that she has been getting is despicable and it is our duty as men to call out these other men for the trash they are. She even apologized which I find ridiculous as she had nothing to apologize for...

Deleted member 12186

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i appreciate your line of thinking, and in an ideal world it's how it would work. unfortunately it falls short because in this day and age most can't think past the stages of breathing.

she's not getting other "innocent" men to do anything cause those guys aren't innocent. she is literally just existing. by very virtue of the fact that they're getting offended by her, they're showing their true colors. they are actually trash.
If I can get 1 lurker to read it and recalibrate their misguided feelings and anger, I think it's more than worth it. I have to and yes I know how it comes off. In my personal life I have gotten through to many when I try to explain things in the weird ways I do. Over here there are some stubborn ones but I think a good amount just don't sit and think about their conduct and what it might mean of them.

If you are innocent you don't need to defend yourself as if you are guilty(at least for this type of situation).

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Knowing how the publicist/social media industry works in Brazil, I'm not surprised at all shit like this has happened. Razer (and whatever company holds the Razer account in Brazil, since this stuff is always third party here) should be ashamed.