• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jun 17, 2019
Not a fan of "men are trash!!!" I don't feel offended but it's just not very smart. However, her saying that is understandable considering the context. And fuck Razer for giving those poor oppressed men who harassed women the win.
I agree for sure that at this point there is a lame performativeness and tackiness these days around most social media "ugh men are trash" statements

But the notion that it's offensive or whatever is a complete fucking embarrassment to Razer holy shit lmao

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
GOOD LORD at the beginning of this thread....how do people turn it into about themselves when a women is getting harassed online. She clearly wasn't talking about all men just those who constantly find chances to belittle women; if it aren't doing that then there's no reason to take offense: and as men we should call them out on it any chance we get! FOH with all this false equivalence bullshit.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamer gets mildly annoyed after dying in game, drops N bombs
"HEATED GAMING MOMENT, JUST TROLLING"

Female gamer gets harassed, calls men trash
"NOT ALL MEN"

Men are trash. Gamers are trash.

Interview with streamer in Portuguese (translated)

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Interview with the streamer in Portuguese

Why did you write a tweet in which you said "man is trash" and "man who is not shit is an exception"?

Because I burst. I posted a photo on Twitter where I appeared in a mechanical bull in a joke with the people who watch my lives. I always say that I was very horny, I call other people horn animal, a joke to call a horn.

MOD EDIT: This is a mistranslation. "Chifrada", in Brazilian Portuguese, is slang for "someone who has been cheated on". She's talking about being someone who has been cheated on a lot, not someone who's "very horny".

Suddenly, I opened the photo and saw that 90% of the comments were very similar, and all of men, saying things like "sit in me, your hot," "here at home ride me whenever you want" and "come ride on me ". I was very nervous and I spent the day thinking about it. Then I went into Instagram, and in a picture of me they had several comments saying "you're chubby, huh?", "You got fat, right?" and "her boobs grew." I did not think of anything, in the negative repercussion, in the contracts with the companies. If I were to blow up every time that happened, it would be every five minutes. But this time I could not stand it.

You lost a contract with a company, Razer. What did they tell you?

In fact, the contract with them would now expire in June. It was three months. Of course i had the expectation of renewing. But then they released this statement saying they would not renew. I believe they wanted to soften the attacks they were receiving. A lot of people pressured them and the company served this audience. They've always been great to me. The people with whom I had contact always treated me very well. They did what they thought best for marketing them. Now, there are five other companies, competitors of Razer, making me proposal.

Did you ever regret what you wrote?

In the Instagram comment they called me fat, yes. I said, 'Man, 55kg, I'm six feet tall, if there's anyone who's chubby, it's your mother's whore.' "It was a horrible comment, I should not have done it. said that 'man who is not shit is an exception' was because most of the comments, 90% of what I receive, are men cursing or harassing me, and who does not do that is an exception. , could have written it in another way, but honestly, I do not even know what form this would be.

Have you always been bullshitting at other curses?

Two years ago, when I started streaming, I responded like that. In the streaming, I appear playing and the people who are watching send me messages and we are talking. In many messages they called me a whore and a slut. I would say, "Your mother is not here, why are you saying this?" Or called it trash. They even dug up those comments now to attack me. But I changed my behavior. In February of this year, I was hired by Facebook Gaming, a live streaming gaming platform managed by Facebook. I started talking to people of various ages and my audience grew. I was advised by my manager not to bump the harassment. I was not happy either. It was very heavy, and I was quiet.

What comments do you hear most often?

They say, 'How cute you, your pussy should be pink.' "They tell me to shut up, go back to the kitchen, make dinner, do the dishes, and when I post a photo, 90% of the comments are bad. I have a team that deletes these comments before I see it, or I just play with friends, I do not have the patience to go through this anymore.

From here on, will you answer them any other way?

I need to think about it better. There is no nice way to respond to harassment. It makes us very angry. In my case, I was angry at what I was reading first, I did not believe it. Then I get sad because the person is offending you, sexually harassing you and nobody sees anything wrong with that. I do not think that woman has to bow her head for harassment. In the universe of games, this is the rule: the person who is harassing does not receive punishment, but when the woman responds, it is punished and cursed everywhere. Call me a whore, but I can not answer. People got mad this time because I returned it in the same coin.

Were you threatened?

Very. They are sending me messages saying that they will get me in the gate, saying that they know where I live, that such a time goes to such a place. I could not stay in Sao Paulo. They want you to shut up when we're harassed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
men are fragile as fuck.

the other day a girl shared a post on facebook where women shared their interactions with men that totally didnt know how menstruation works.

and the first two comments were men saying that "men shouldnt know everything about women!!" and "so you want feminist education?!!!"

i commented that those posts were weird as fuck and how menstrual cycles work was taught on elementary school or and one of them commented to me "chill bro you are going to fuck"

apart of being fragile as fuck, they think the only reason a man would be a feminist is to try to score chicks.

Oct 25, 2017
lol reading this thread and seeing so many fragile losers being banned has been such a delight. Like, when I read those comments I feel like I know who those people are; I've met them, talked/argued with them and it has always been clear they are indeed part of the problem. If you are offended by her comment then it's time to take a good long look in the mirror and think about how you interact with others, particularly women.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Razer and those fuckers who are threatening her. So brave doing that behind a computer in complete anonymity. Fucking cowards.

Also, why men can't be decent people? Why post something like that? It is disgusting. Lowlife scumbags.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I will attest to this. One of the women influencers I've already worked alongside, who has a reasonably big following, once showed me the DMs she received on a daily basis on Twitter and Facebook. It's fucking insane. As in, new dick pics from randos every hour on the clock.

They're all saints for putting up with the shit that gets thrown their way.
Holy shit. Reading this makes me angry and frustrated. Men are trash, indeed. Fucking incels and misogynistic creeps who believe women belong to them.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good shit this is getting international attention, hopefully Razer International does something about this and don't just give Razer Brazil a slap on the wrist.

Oct 30, 2017
The male fragility on display at the beginning of this thread was fucking yikes. As a white male gamer, I am the trifecta of trash. But, I also recognize nuance and context. I don't recognize myself personally as trash, but I fully understand the sentiment and what she was attempting to communicate.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Imagine pretending to be upset by what she said.

Cus that's the truth. None of them are actually upset or offended. They're pretending. They know full well what she meant.

kaaayque

Jul 19, 2018
I don't get it.

She didn't said "kaaayque is trash", so i just move along, she wasn't talking about me. It's not that hard.

Sometimes i feel ashamed to say that i'm a gamer.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I surprised by Razer? No, the company is trash and their products are horrible. Glad I haven't supported them. The male fragility in this thread is also something, the same type of folks who love to say "keep politics out of gaming" or "stop getting offended at everything", those straight males all of a sudden get up in arms when something like this happens and people comment on how terrible men and the gaming community can be.

It's astounding.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
where's the free speech brigade to help defend this woman's right to express herself?

or does free speech just mean protecting bigots from criticisms?

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
where's the free speech brigade to help defend this woman's right to express herself?

or does free speech just mean protecting bigots from criticisms?
For them free speech only exists if some dude is screaming the n or the f word on a stream. Trans people wanting more representation? A woman complaining about misogynistic shit directed at her? "Why everything has to be so political??"

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Has this been posted yet?

lOBwv8W.jpg

eAvfNTH.jpg

fepeinado

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
i followed this as it happened....gaming comunity in Brazil (ok, brazilian society, in general) is really machist and can't really figure these things out or even live with strong female opinions. All of her streams / chats / threads had some kind of machist offensive comment by ignorant men, and this surely would make anyone really angry. After she made that claim, right -wing gaming community started to bash her out on twitter and overall comunities and anyone who would support her until Razer Brazil made that really stupid statement and cutting ties with her.
I didn't know this influencer before this, and I'm not likely to follow her from now on, but this was one of the most stupid reactions by gamers that I have ever seen and made me feel ashamed to be considered a gamer (or to connect with other gamers) in Brazil. All of the comunities I'm part of (or that I'm aware of) are flooded with gifs and jokes of this woman, continuing to bash her

i20bot

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
User banned (permanent): victim blaming, trolling the community, modwhining, recent previous ban for homophobic concern trolling
lol, look, she's the one that created that environment and when people joked back she got offended? I mean just look at her apology. She says she tells them she's horny all the time and call them bulls because they have horns. She also said something about "riding chat" or posted a picture of her riding a bull saying the bull was chat, forget. So what do you expect? People joking back saying that they're the bull and she can ride anytime, in which she implied in her joke. I don't see why she would then be offended and lash out like that.

This is why that Etika thing happened. I don't like your opinion, ban. I don't like your opinion, ban. Wasn't that one of the things wrong with GAF back then? I mean before that incident. Me, I treat everyone equally. Her, her fans and Razor are all trash. They all got equal parts in that situation so I could care less. Man, I just got back from my two weeks vacation too just for stating a fact. D'ah well.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
men are fragile as fuck.

the other day a girl shared a post on facebook where women shared their interactions with men that totally didnt know how menstruation works.

and the first two comments were men saying that "men shouldnt know everything about women!!" and "so you want feminist education?!!!"

i commented that those posts were weird as fuck and how menstrual cycles work was taught on elementary school or and one of them commented to me "chill bro you are going to fuck"

apart of being fragile as fuck, they think the only reason a man would be a feminist is to try to score chicks.

Sometimes it's really frustrating trying to educate folks about basic bodily functions people with vaginas go through. Either they think they know better and just repeat myths, misinformation, and other bullcrap from misogynistic sources. Or they pull stuff like you encountered, where they act like bothering to know anything about what half the population goes through is pointless unless you're a feminist or trying to get laid.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
lol, look, she's the one that created that environment and when people joked back she got offended? I mean just look at her apology. She says she tells them she's horny all the time and call them bulls because they have horns. She also said something about "riding chat" or posted a picture of her riding a bull saying the bull was chat, forget. So what do you expect? People joking back saying that they're the bull and she can ride anytime, in which she implied in her joke. I don't see why she would then be offended and lash out like that.

This is why that Etika thing happened. I don't like your opinion, ban. I don't like your opinion, ban. Wasn't that one of the things wrong with GAF back then? I mean before that incident. Me, I treat everyone equally. Her, her fans and Razor are all trash. They all got equal parts in that situation so I could care less. Man, I just got back from my two weeks vacation too just for stating a fact. D'ah well.
She made a joke. That does not mean she was inviting harassment.
She also has gone on record to say how she is constantly the subject of sexualization and crass jokes. Her apology is a byproduct of losing her contract and being harassed and receiving death threats all over the internet.
You wouldn't have to worry about a ban if you at least took the time to read all of the situation.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

That thing about being horny got lost totally in translation.

The term "chifrudo" used in the interview, which can be translated into something WITH HORNS or horny is about a person who has being cheated. A lot of horns means that person got cheated several times. It's a local slang.

The joke image is that she is sitting on something with horns(a bull), something that got cheated just like her. That's the joke post. And people got to the point that she should sitt in someones lap and several types of harassment instead of the bull.

A horny person it's not about being excited in this case. It's a person with horns from being cheated.

AND, just for reminders, if she said, in any case, that she's horny as excited IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU CAN HARASS HER.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of curious why the other female streamer felt the need to dig all of this up. From the looks of it, nobody gave much of a crap about being offended by it when it happened, nobody else cared enough to even remember; yet now people are acting like she stabbed them in the face?

Weird shit here. Not sure why she apologized, wasn't really needed if you're being harassed.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
"Chifrudo" as "horny" is a mistranslation.

It's literally "one who has horns", but being called that in Brazil means you're a cuckold.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
"Chifrudo" as "horny" is a mistranslation.

It's literally "one who has horns", but being called that in Brazil means you're a cuckold.
b041407b1d4fb5ffe81fdm4j2g.jpg

I think this was extremely common imagery throughout Europe at one point but died out in the anglosphere maybe a couple hundred years ago.

Thagirion

Dec 6, 2018
The major problem is that she is very thrashy when talking on stream and such and attract some garbage guys, it's her style tho, the guy tho just proved her point anyway.

Razer welcomed other guy that makes very non appropriate jokes about girls

I don't know how to upload pictures but one of the jokes are "ugly woman is like raining is good indoors but going outside yaaakies"
Editppl already posted

Last edited:

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I did a quick re-translation of the interview, since it was bothering me and what she says is quite important:

Why did you write in a tweet that "men are garbage" and "non-shitty men are an exception"?

Because I snapped. I uploaded a photo to Twitter in which I was riding a mechanical bull and wrote "riding chat." "Chat" is how I call people watching my streams. I always tell them how much I've been cheated, and call others "antler animals", it's a kind of inside joke, how we call cuckolds. Suddenly, I check the tweet and notice that most comments were very similar, all from men, saying things like "sit on top of me, baby," you can ride me any time you want" and "come ride me." I got really angry and spent the rest of the day thinking about it. Afterwards, I opened Instagram, and, in one of my photos there were several comments along the lines of "you are kinda fat, eh?", "you got fat," and "your tits got bigger." I didn't think about the negative repercussion, nor the contracts with the companies. If I were to snap every time this happened, I'd be snapping all the time. But I couldn't handle this time.

You lost a deal with a large company, Razer. What did they tell you?

Actually, that contract was set to expire in June. It was to last three months. Of course I was expecting to renew it. But then they released that statement, saying they wouldn't do it. I believe they wanted to diminish the attack directed at them. A lot of people pressured the company and they answered their demands. They have always been good to me. The people with whom I had contact always treated me really well.They did what they believed was best for their image. Now, I have five other companies, all Razer's rivals, offering me deals.

At any point did you regret posting that?

My comment on Instagram, in the post they called me fat, yeah. I said: "Dude, I weight 55kg, and am 1.77m tall, if someone here is fat is your slut of a mom." It was an awful comment, that I shouldn't have made. But on Twitter I was misinterpreted. When I said "non-shitty men are an exception," I said it because 90% of the comments people send me are from men cursing or harassing me, the ones who don't do that are an exception. I think I crossed the line, I could've written it differently. But, to be honest, I can't tell how that other way would be.

Women in game complain a lot about sexism. What are the kind of comments you hear the most?

They say: "You are so cute, your pussy must be tight." They tell me to shut up, go back to the kitchen, make dinner, wash the dishes. In the social media, when I post a picture, 90% of the comments are awful. Men cursing, offending, turning everything sexual, calling me hot and telling they want to fuck me. Nowadays I have a team that deletes these kinds of comments before I can see them. I also only play with friends. I don't the patience to deal with that anymore.

And how do you usually answer to these comments?

Two years ago, when I began streaming, I answered in kind. When I'm streaming, people watch me play and then send me messages and we have conversations. In many of the messages they'd call me whore or slut. I answered: "Your mom ain't here, so why are you saying that?" or called them trash. They even unearthed these comments to harass me. But I changed my behavior because, February this year, I was hired by Facebook Gaming, a streaming platform run by Facebook. I began talking to people of all ages and my audience expanded a lot. I was advised by my manager to not reply to harassers. I was also very unhappy. Things would get awkward, so I stopped replying.

After all that happened, what do you believe is the best way to act?

I need to think more about that. There isn't a pleasant way to reply to harassment. It makes you angry. In my case, I got angry at what I read, I just couldn't believe it. Then I got sad, because that person was hurting you, sexually assaulting and no one says anything. I don't think women should just ignore this kind of harassment. But, in the gaming world, that's how things are: the people harassing are not punished, but if a woman says anything, she is punished and attacked by everyone. They call me whore, but I can't say anything back. People got angry this time because I answered in kind.

Were you threatened?

A lot. They are sending me messages saying they are going to beat me up, saying they know where I live, what my routine is. I couldn't stay in São Paulo any longer. They want to silence us when we are harassed.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
b041407b1d4fb5ffe81fdm4j2g.jpg

I think this was extremely common imagery throughout Europe at one point but died out in the anglosphere maybe a couple hundred years ago.
Yeah, it still is a common expression in Portuguese/Spanish.

I know this guy got banned already, but wtf blaming Etika's suicide on situations like this.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Sorry for the double post, but a new (honestly quite hilarious) wrinkle to the story.

Meet Ayu, a right wing pandering youtuber that jumped on the Gabi Catuzzo story.

This is basically the tweet that started the whole thing. She tagged Razer and posted images of Cattuzzo's "men are trash" post, asking if this is the kind of brand ambassador they want. Notice that her twitter tag, "Femi-mi-mismo", is a pun on Feminism and "mimimi", the sound of a baby crying, used to call someone a snowflake in Brazil.

Then this happened today:

"I just had a contract cancelled because of a viral video taken out of context.

They understand that it was taken out of context, but believe it can taint their project's brand, like it's tainting mine.

I just missed an amazing opportunity because of a lie."

The video in question? One where she rants about how white people suffer from racism and that black people don't anymore.

All I can say is that life comes at you fast sometimes.

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The misandry in the thread is disgusting. Let's hide behind all the guys harassing her with dick pictures and lash our at all males, and any male who disagrees with any male insult is "fragile" and gets banned.

Its absolutely terrible that she is dealing with death threats but cant the scope of the discussion be kept within the scope of the story, or is the concensus around her that all men are thrash?

I'm fine with fragile, and I'm very happy that I'm not the kind of person that considers it fine to throw around sweeping generalisations as is happening in this thread.

Do we have to start apologising for being male now?

bgr2dj2z67k21.jpg

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been a statement from Razer Brasil on this case? (or did anyone request one?).

Wow so there's a NOT ALL MEN defense brigade here too? Way to make her point guys lol.

Fuck Razer.
Sorry if my post goes against what the staff post says, a mod can just delete my post if thats the case. I'm just wondering, why would being against negative generalization in this case be a problem? Doing so, this doesnt mean that people are for harassment or anything like that at all. Or is the issue more about that saying something like "it doesnt apply to everyone" can be viewed as something obvious that doesnt really need to be said, and it can look like this takes focus away from the main issue like the harassment? If so, i can see that point of view. I dont think it necessarily have to take away from the main issue, but if it does, then thats not good of course. In this case, the woman mentioned in the OP even clearified that she didnt mean everyone, and apparently even apologized for it, so its clear that she didnt mean everyone (in case that wasnt clear enough to begin with). Really shitty that she has to go through all those attacks :( Even if people disagree with something, its possible to be respectful about it.

Last edited:

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the double post, but a new (honestly quite hilarious) wrinkle to the story.

Meet Ayu, a right wing pandering youtuber that jumped on the Gabi Catuzzo story.

This is basically the tweet that started the whole thing. She tagged Razer and posted images of Cattuzzo's "men are trash" post, asking if this is the kind of brand ambassador they want. Notice that her twitter tag, "Femi-mi-mismo", is a pun on Feminism and "mimimi", the sound of a baby crying, used to call someone a snowflake in Brazil.

They understand that it was taken out of context, but believe it can taint their project's brand, like it's tainting mine.

The video in question? One where she rants about how white people suffer from racism and that black people don't anymore.

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

How the turntables. Thanks for the update, this brightened my day!

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Pretty stupid for boys to get riled up over such bullshit when you always see male twitch streamers go on about 'thots' and all that juvenile bullshit that's allowed because boys will be boys hahaha. Fucking limp-dicked chuds.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

At least something good came out of this. What company did she have a contract with? I'd love to see her bad reasoning for how whites suffer more racism than black people.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

Oh fuck, I watched that video and it did not come across as a parody. I wouldn't be surprised if she truly felt that way.