• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Kc7zQ17.png

https://www.razer.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-turret-for-xbox-one/supported-games

Razer's Xbox One keyboard and mouse show Gears Tactics as supported.

Small sidenote, this could mean it's only the PC version. But I don't expect that. A game like Minecraft:Dungeons is missing.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Not that there was any doubt, but I'm happy Tactics seems to be day and date with console.

Now, how about some more footage for the game?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
All of this is great. Very happy about Sea of Thieves m&k support. The community has been crying out for it.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow missed that Sea of Thieves would be supported, nice! I've been wanting to get back into SoT but the controls on gamepad are still so clunky for me.

OP
OP
SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
And if Gears Tactics will be KB+M only, I can see Age of Empires 4 coming to Xbox One too.

Deleted member 50969

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
It kind of makes sense when you think about it. We all know that the Xbox console side is propping up the Xbox PC, the one that deserves exclusives won't be the one that sells less.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting for Path of Exile mouse and keyboard support. The menu system is truly awful with a controller.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
That would be highly irregular. Imagine a parent buys it for Christmas. Then their kid can't play it because an XBOX One game doesn't have XBOX One controller support.

Which is why I can see it as digital only. They announced the game as a KB/M only title, I doubt that's changed considering when they announced it.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Loving the Mouse support. Gamepad is fine for all genres, except FPS. Mouse is just so much better than little analogue sticks for aiming, all FPS games going forward should have Mouse support.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
sounds like good news.

I guess Halo Infinite is going to be Keyboard and mouse also, as an option.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
So this is their answer to controller players. Instead of balancing sea of thieves just use a mouse and keyboard.............

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
That would be highly irregular. Imagine a parent buys it for Christmas. Then their kid can't play it because an XBOX One game doesn't have XBOX One controller support.

PSVR games have the same problem and no-one seems to be bothered about it with Astro Bot.

Just needs a big 'KB&M ONLY' banner

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Gears Tactics will have controller support as well. Love the franchise, but hate playing with a mouse and keyboard.

Great to see it on XO though.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Have they said whether we could use our regular USB Mice/Keyboards? I have razer Blackwidow x Chroma and an Overwatch edition death adder that I would love to use for gears tactics.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
With more KB+M support coming to xbox, what do you guys think are the chances we'll see more RTS, MMOs, or other traditionally PC type game come to the xbox? I would looove if FFXIV came to the Xbox for example, but I know there are crossplay concerns with games like that as well.

mlappy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 15, 2018
Kanada
I think Age will, Gears tactics being announced now with explicitly telling that is m/k only makes me think it will support both. It would be the only of the list to not support as well.

It wouldnt make any sense to release a game that doesnt support at least both options on the console. This sets a very bad precedent. The console version should always support everything on the console.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
It wouldnt make any sense to release a game that doesnt support at least both options on the console. This sets a very bad precedent. The console version should always support everything on the console.
I don't agree, console have supported accessories only games for ages.

It makes sense for their grand strategy also. They want their games to be available on all devices, it makes more sense to support the same input on all devices than force all games to support all possible input combinations.

OP
OP
SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Because its a game that is very much 'doable' with a controller. A VR game isnt playable without a headset, same with kinect. Gears tactic is no more complicated to do with a controller than halo wars is.

I think Halo Wars 2 would have been a better game if they developed it for KB+M only.

Things that can be done, shouldn't always be done.