• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Interested in the SoC but everything else looks top of the line. Their ad is somewhat suspect. Are they going to help port over games from other platforms like Nvidia?

FlyingLlama

Oct 29, 2017
Oooh this is interesting. Wonder how much they are going to price this and if it will be available in the UK.

OP
OP
snapcracken

snapcracken

Oct 25, 2017

Razer phone.

Leaked specs are legit. $700.

1. What an incredibly boring design, would've expected at least a green highlight somewhere. I get people would be off-put by it but better than a plain black block.
  2. I'm a little disappointed it's metal and not plastic.
  3. Those bezels look better than they did in the postage stamp we got before.
  4. $700 is too much, that killed the Essential Phone and that had more going for it, imho.
  5. Really the thing that makes or breaks whether anyone should bother with this is how that 120Hz screen holds up, if it's like every other Android phone it won't ever get close to keeping a stable 120 fps.
  6. The fact they put this video up too early aside, they also fucked up the end card and have a part where it says "turn on sound" but it's just playing the same stock music it was for the rest of the video.
I'm sure this will find an audience but it'll be a tiny one.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
  1. What an incredibly boring design, would've expected at least a green highlight somewhere. I get people would be off-put by it but better than a plain black block.
  2. I'm a little disappointed it's metal and not plastic.
  3. Those bezels look worse than they did in the postage stamp we got before.
  4. $700 is too much, that killed the Essential Phone and that had more going for it, imho.
  5. Really the thing that makes or breaks whether anyone should bother with this is how that 120Hz screen holds up, if it's like every other Android phone it won't ever get close to keeping a stable 120 fps.
  6. The fact they put this video up too early aside, they also fucked up the end card and have a part where it says "turn on sound" but it's just playing the same stock music it was for the rest of the video.
I'm sure this will find an audience but it'll be a tiny one.

Will probably get a price drop in a few months. Might get as a burner phone lol.

Hope they have displayed somewhere. The 120hz display is the make or break of the phone imo.

Hope everyone goes 120hz next year. Pro motion on ipad pro is ridiculous.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
Actually the specs listed there look pretty solid. It'll be interesting to see what happens with this device. I'm guessing it's going to surprise some people.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
It looks cool but I'm gonna need to see 3rd party reviews.

Also, please don't start with this bezel shit. Phone looks fine :l

Oct 25, 2017
Android phones (and phones in general) are too tribal and Google has worked to ensure it. This won't get a serious look even though they are clearly trying. Things like 120 fps need real support from Google and they aren't going to do it until they want to sell a product with it. I wish them the best here but it sounds like one of those devices that will get a quick price drop.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
That 120 Hz refresh rate is awesome. The iPad 10.5 has spoiled me when it comes to screen responsiveness.

OP
OP
snapcracken

snapcracken

Oct 25, 2017
Android phones (and phones in general) are too tribal and Google has worked to ensure it. This won't get a serious look even though they are clearly trying. Things like 120 fps need real support from Google and they aren't going to do it until they want to sell a product with it. I wish them the best here but it sounds like one of those devices that will get a quick price drop.
The only thing standing in the way of 120Hz is Android's framerate problems. Google worked hard to make sure Pixel performs well under stress, it's somewhat incredible that those enhancements never showed up on any other device, even with the same hardware.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
120hz displays on devices with touch screen interfaces is fucking incredible. It's more impactful than on units with point and click interfaces, for sure. It feels like you're actually moving the content on the screen. It's insanely fluid. I almost didn't buy the X because it didn't have it (and I still may cancel the order).

120hz is a game changers on the iPad Pro, was shocked the iPhone X didn't have it, obviously something they saved for iPhone 11

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
120hz is a game changers on the iPad Pro, was shocked the iPhone X didn't have it, obviously something they saved for iPhone 11
Same here. But I think the X does 120hz for input reading or something, it was alluded to in some reviews.

—-

Also lol at THX certified, they own the company

I wish I could post the eye roll emoji for this cringeworthy RAM and benchmark section.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Fingerprint sensor on the side seems cool. They need to announce skyrim Android edition though

Last edited:

Dre

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like an Xperia on steroids, I kinda like it even though that logo is super tacky. The specs are obviously phenomenal and since I'm on the market for a new phone I might even consider buying it if they release it in Europe.

Baz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Helens
It looks very square in the pics in the OP. I think I'll stick with Apple for now.

Always good to have more choice in the market though, and the specs look impressive.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
$699 for those specs is pretty damn nice. It's a wait and see. If it's a good phone and does well, then all the better. We need more and better competition around that price point, honestly.

Oct 25, 2017
Good price. Will be a steal when it bombs xD

Glad it's gonna be at retail even if only at Microsoft stores. Want to see that 120hz smoothness.

Deleted member 13303

User-requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Verge, "journalism": "Razer Phone announced with huge bezels, no headphone jack, and dubious gamer cred"

Camoxide

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
UK
Kind of stunned Apple let someone beat them to 120Hz display on a cellphone. The X really should have shipped with "ProMotion."

Curious to see how these phones turn out. Razer has done pretty well with their new laptops but I hear their CS leaves a bit to be desired. There's no chance I move out of the iOS/OSX ecosystem but I wish them the best.

I strongly contemplated getting that Razer Stealth and Razer Core combo a while back.

As far as I know there isn't any 120Hz OLED panels. it's only Samsung making the panels for the X (and likely LG next year) so Apple isn't really in a position to be demanding better features. They could have probably had 120Hz in the 8 but they're not going to have the X be interior in an area to the 8.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sounds like a damn great phone, especially for the price. I was hoping for the latest string of iPhones to have the iPad Pro's ProMotion display (but I understand why they didn't, since they can't do 120Hz for OLED displays, which would hold the iPhone X back), so having a 120Hz display on this is probably the next best thing.