• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
8MZPKck.jpg

Key features:
  1. Ambidextrous design​
  2. Razer Hyperspeed Wireless technology
  3. Razer Focus+ Optical Sensor (20k DPI)
  4. Razer Optical Mouse Switches
  5. 74g lightweight design
  6. 70 hours of battery life
  7. Razer Mouse Charging Dock with RGB
  8. Wired and wireless mode
  9. Razer Synapse 3 (can be uninstalled once configured once)
Price: $149.99​

Links:

Thanks to:

EDIT: less expensive version without the dock: https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseRevie...less_expensive_razer_viper_ultimate_wireless/

Last edited:

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Charging docks for mice.

fucking l m a o

Edit: I'm bewildered and amused that docks for wireless mice exist. Apologies that the above message comes off rather negative, it was not implied or intended to be so.

Last edited:

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I was literally about to buy the G Pro Wireless today and then this came up. Now I don't know. I despise Razer Synapse and returned the Mamba Wireless because of it, but now it's not necessary to keep it installed...

Can get the GPW for like £50 less than this, though.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I love Razer mice but they have absolute shit build quality. No way in hell I'm spending that much on their mice.

I go through two Deathadders a year (one for work, one for home).

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a G305 kinda design / competitor. I love the G305 personally.

However, I much prefer AA batteries that the G305 uses to rechargeable designs like this one. The versatility and battery life are a lot better, and I use recharging Eneloops so it's the best of both worlds anyway.

OP
OP
MCD

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I was literally about to buy the G Pro Wireless today and then this came up. Now I don't know. I despise Razer Synapse and returned the Mamba Wireless because of it, but now it's not necessary to keep it installed...

Can get the GPW for like £50 less than this, though.

Logitech G Hub is a buggy nightmare. They break something every time they update it. Both have their issues to be fair but from little I used Synapse 3, it was more stable and can be uninstalled anyway.

I love Razer mice but they have absolute shit build quality. No way in hell I'm spending that much on their mice.

I go through two Deathadders a year (one for work, one for home).

Their old mouse were indeed shoddy but apparently their latest tech like Viper was designed to fix their past mistakes as they took feedback from /r/mousereview + pro players. We will have to wait and see with time.

I'm bewildered and amused that docks for wireless mice exist, it's not that deep.

You should see Wireless charging mousepads then like Logitech Powerplay. It will blow your mind:

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
new to pc equipment or pcs in general i would assume

It would be better to assume that I apparently don't keep up on the advancements in mouse technology, because I have never even heard that these have existed for as long as they have been around for. And now I'm learning that wireless charging mousepads exist, which is just even more whack.

there have been docks for wireless mice for years. No idea why you are trolling so hard in so many threads the last weeks.

No idea why you are assuming that I know these exist and claiming I'm trolling, I don't pay attention to the gaming mouse industry in the slightest.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Wireless tech is in such a great spot right now. Have to thank Logitech for pushing it forward. I'm using a G703 combined with their PowerPlay mouse pad, which charges your mouse as you use it. Absolutely amazing and dont even realize I'm using a wireless mouse until something like this makes me stop and think about it. Is this Razer's first wireless mouse? If so I hope their QA is on point. I had Corsair's first wireless mouse and it was pretty bad.

OP
OP
MCD

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Yikes it's not that funny.

I saw Dave 2D's video on this earlier and while it looks nice, that price seems kinda steep. Are wireless gaming mice actually viable vs wired in a FPS?

I cannot speak for all wireless tech but with Logitech lightspeed, there is no difference between wired/wireless.

Linus made a video back in July:

Razer Viper should be the same/even a tiny bit faster than Logitech G Pro Wireless as seen from Rocket Jump Ninja video.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot speak for all wireless tech but with Logitech lightspeed, there is no difference between wired/wireless.

Linus made a video back in July:

Razer Viper should be the same/even a tiny bit faster than Logitech G Pro Wireless as seen from Rocket Jump Ninja video.

Interesting I'll check it out, thanks!

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I spend a lot on my PC but I still cant bring myself to buy a mouse or keyboard for over $100.

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
It would be better to assume that I apparently don't keep up on the advancements in mouse technology, because I have never even heard that these have existed for as long as they have been around for. And now I'm learning that wireless charging mousepads exist, which is just even more whack.
Logic? Do you have any?

Why would that be wack?

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
i just want to say that i absolutely love rocket jump ninja's videos. got me set on buying the zowie s2 divina due to my baby hands. if i didn't have that though, this viper seems right up my alley

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
And now I'm learning that wireless charging mousepads exist, which is just even more whack.

Why is it "whack"? Do you not use a mousepad? There's no difference except this keeps a charge on your mouse. Outside of the one wire that runs from the pad to my PC, I have no wires from my PC peripherals. That's my mouse, keyboard, and headset. Not sure what's so "whack" about that.

Oct 27, 2017

No idea why you are assuming that I know these exist and claiming I'm trolling, I don't pay attention to the gaming mouse industry in the slightest.

I think we're all just confused as to why you have such a strongly-held negative view towards wireless charging and charging docks!

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Take the L and move on.

No need to further justify your shit posting with more nonsense.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Logic? Do you have any?

Why would that be wack?

Wack in the aspect that it exists. I don't question the utility of it, I just did not realize we are at this level of things that you can buy for your mouse. I was under the impression that the majority of mice were just using rechargeable batteries and those wireless USB dongles and that was the extent of it.

To clarify something - there's no negative view point towards docks or charging mouse pads, just surprised they exist.

OP
OP
MCD

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Wireless tech is in such a great spot right now. Have to thank Logitech for pushing it forward. I'm using a G703 combined with their PowerPlay mouse pad, which charges your mouse as you use it. Absolutely amazing and dont even realize I'm using a wireless mouse until something like this makes me stop and think about it. Is this Razer's first wireless mouse? If so I hope their QA is on point. I had Corsair's first wireless mouse and it was pretty bad.

It's their first wireless mouse using their new tech which is comparable to Logitech Lightspeed so hopefully no lag and great battery life as they claim.

Their old mouse like Razer Mamba wireless had two options:

One with a dock which was a laser sensor so not great.
Two which is optical sensor and no lag but must be used with a charging mousepad (Hyperflux) so unlike the Powerplay, you cannot use it without the included mouse pad.

Edit: oh yeah. Forget they had an optical Mamba without the mousepad which had no lag/decent battery. My mistake.

Last edited:

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
The G Pro Wireless is the best mouse I've ever used - and I've used a bunch of hyper premium mice over the last ~15 years.

It's not quite the most comfortable - but it tracks so, so very well and has incredible button feedback. Those things + exceptional battery life, literally zero additional latency, and no cords make it very hard to beat, IMO.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Wack in the aspect that it exists. I don't question the utility of it, I just did not realize we are at this level of things that you can buy for your mouse. I was under the impression that the majority of mice were just using rechargeable batteries and those wireless USB dongles and that was the extent of it.

To clarify something - there's no negative view point towards docks or charging mouse pads, just surprised they exist.
just curious, what is your definition of "wack" in the context of "mouse pads that charge wireless mice are wack"?

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
Aside from being wireless, the dock and a DPI increase over the wired Viper, what other upgrades does this model have?
Outside of the one wire that runs from the pad to my PC, I have no wires from my PC peripherals. That's my mouse, keyboard, and headset. Not sure what's so "whack" about that.
Looking into getting a setup like this, what peripherals do you currently use? Are there any issues with that setup or is as smooth as it sounds?

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
just curious, what is your definition of "wack" in the context of "mouse pads that charge wireless mice are wack"?

As stated above, amused and bewildered. I did not intend to come off as being against or mocking, just shocked that they exist because it never occurred to me that you could charge a mouse with a mouse pad wirelessly, or that you would dock your mouse.

OP
OP
MCD

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Aside from being wireless, the dock and a DPI increase over the wired Viper, what other upgrades does this model have?

They made the mouse feet better as seen from the video. Not sure what else.

These are just for charging a compatible mouse, or is there something more to them?

Charging compatible mouse. The only issue is that the mouse pad might be small depending on your preference.

OP
OP
MCD

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
So I guess my next question would be why do you prefer that over just a wireless mouse or a wired mouse that doesn't require the mousepad?

It's a matter of convenient. I can use my mouse all day without plugging it once. I don't like the small mousepad but love the freedom of wireless so when Logitech made zero lag wireless mouse I was absolutely happy.

With this docking solution, I can go with a bigger/thicker mousepad that doesn't hurt my wrist as much.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria

Google razer mamba + firefly or razer hyperflux. Best mouse ever.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
So I guess my next question would be why do you prefer that over just a wireless mouse or a wired mouse that doesn't require the mousepad?
It doesn't require the mousepad. It's a wireless mouse with an accessory that lets you use it while it keeps a charge, and never have to plug it in (temporarily) making it a wired mouse.

sca

Oct 25, 2017
the fact that it's a Razer accessory product would have me holding back my wallet. I'd likely still get the G Pro Wireless over it just for Logitech's build quality (from my experience). Then again, I also would get the g305 over both

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully Razer have started to turn things around, but I'd still expect that rubber to get tacky and peel off over time, like all of their other mice. I don't know why Microsoft wrap their Elite controllers in it either.
The larger issue I have is that it will automatically install their malware driver software, via Windows Update as soon as you connect the mouse to an internet-connected computer.

Charging docks for mice.
fucking l m a o
Edit: I'm bewildered and amused that docks for wireless mice exist. Apologies that the above message comes off rather negative, it was not implied or intended to be so.
Huh? Docks are a far superior solution to charging via a cable. They're much neater on a desk and you just drop the mouse on it when you're done.
The only thing better is running off rechargeable AA or AAA batteries since they can be charged separately from the device and easily replaced if they die.

I wish my G903 had a dock. Charging it is annoying as hell.
The best solution I found was a "Wsken Mini2" magnetic USB cable.
613r2bzdgtml._ac_sl15vvjqw.jpg

Unlike many others, these cables are magnetic on both ends of the connection so that they self-align correctly and provide a good connection.
I still prefer having switched to a G305 and AAA Eneloops though. It only takes seconds to swap batteries over every few weeks when they run low, rather than having to remember to charge the mouse every few days (I have a G900 not G903).

Logitech G Hub is a buggy nightmare. They break something every time they update it. Both have their issues to be fair but from little I used Synapse 3, it was more stable and can be uninstalled anyway.
G Hub is trash software, but LGS still works with most of their mice. I don't know why they changed it.

You should see Wireless charging mousepads then like Logitech Powerplay. It will blow your mind:
I tried this, but had a number of issues. You must keep the mat completely clear and away from large metallic objects or else there are likely to be issues charging. In most setups, it also means that there's still a wire stretched across the desk, even though the mouse itself is wireless.

I don't understand why any of this is funny or "whack" though. Am I missing something?
You know they make charging docks for controllers too, right? I had to buy the official DualShock 4 one because the USB ports on them is very fragile and would stop working. The dock connector seems a lot more reliable - though the way it connects is awkward.

1017869350zk5t.jpeg

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Saw dave2ds review earlier. Great mouse but ive often read razer doesn't have good built quality and customer support isnt so good so 150 seems like a leave of faith for me. Then again logitech is quite renowned but my g402 got double click in less than a year...

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
the fact that it's a Razer accessory product would have me holding back my wallet. I'd likely still get the G Pro Wireless over it just for Logitech's build quality (from my experience). Then again, I also would get the g305 over both
The battery cost for the g305 is gonna hurt over time.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
I'm currently using Eneloops/rechargeable. Other than that, the g305 modding community (for lighter weight) is pretty active

Thus is good stuff.

I wish companies offered right hand grip and legt hand grip shape mice instead of ambidextrous. Mx master 3 for example going full on with right hand grip. Cmon just do it.