• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
And I JUST bought a Mamba wireless today. Oh well, still cheaper and I've been a Death Adder user for years.

This is still cool though.

sca

Oct 25, 2017
Thus is good stuff.

I wish companies offered right hand grip and legt hand grip shape mice instead of ambidextrous. Mx master 3 for example going full on with right hand grip. Cmon just do it.
for wireless or wired?

since you mentioned it, I looked for a g305 ergo mod and behold:

ad6dffb2a6f931ba6bc58ddbfeee012d_preview_featured.JPG

the modder also has a flipped version for lefties

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
for wireless or wired?

since you mentioned it, I looked for a g305 ergo mod and behold:

ad6dffb2a6f931ba6bc58ddbfeee012d_preview_featured.JPG

the modder also has a flipped version for lefties
That is dope! I still want logitech to release a right slanted wireless gaming mouse for right handed people though... Ambidextrous is great but its a compromise so that it fits everyone out there. Could be better when targeted specifically.

sca

Oct 25, 2017
That is dope! I still want logitech to release a right slanted wireless gaming mouse for right handed people though... Ambidextrous is great but its a compromise so that it fits everyone out there. Could be better when targeted specifically.
how about the g403/g703?

iu

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
So how is the build quality of Razer mice today? As much as I liked them in the past the longevity was horrible. In my teenage years I went through:

2x Razer Copperheads (both times the cable eventually had a loose contact)
1x Razer Diamondback (the mousewheel button eventually broke)
2x Razer Mamba (the first had a defective battery after a few months and the second had a defective sensor eventually so I had to "reboot" the mouse once every hour.

After this I tried Roccat and didn't fair much better:

1x Roccat Kone XTD
2x Roccat Tyon

All three developed a double-click issue on some buttons after two years or so so now I'm using a wired Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum and I'm happy with it so far but I'm curious if Razer is something to look at again.

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
So how is the build quality of Razer mice today? As much as I liked them in the past the longevity was horrible. In my teenage years I went through:

2x Razer Copperheads (both times the cable eventually had a loose contact)
1x Razer Diamondback (the mousewheel button eventually broke)
2x Razer Mamba (the first had a defective battery after a few months and the second had a defective sensor eventually so I had to "reboot" the mouse once every hour.

After this I tried Roccat and didn't fair much better:

1x Roccat Kone XTD
2x Roccat Tyon

All three developed a double-click issue on some buttons after two years or so so now I'm using a wired Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum and I'm happy with it so far but I'm curious if Razer is something to look at again.
I've had a Diamondback and 3 DeathAdder after the revisions, the Diamondback was really solid but wore down after a long time. The DeathAdder were okay but developed the double click issue that seems to be easily common on Omron switches. I'm done with Omron and hope to move to Huano switches but I'm tempted to give these Optical switches a try even if they're Omron. Only bad thing is the Razer Synapse 3 software caused a lot of issues on my PC setup, I managed to get by with Synapse 2 but I don't know if I could get away with that on these newer mice.

Last edited:

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'm currently using Eneloops/rechargeable. Other than that, the g305 modding community (for lighter weight) is pretty active

This is really neat. I didn't know this stuff existed. I saw a honeycomb side/bottom shell too.

This reminds me I need to get a new eneloop charger that can charge a single battery at a time (instead of needing to charge 2 at a time). I've got that one battery in the corner or my battery holder that just never gets charged lol (this actually isn't true, I rotate batteries into "the corner").

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
i have the logitech G Pro and the wireless pad.............i fucking hate this pad, thing doesn't charge half the time. The Pro doesn't seem to save the settings like my G903 did after one setup. It seems the G Pro uses software to activate everything. Which is annoying because half the time the new G Hub doesn't work.

Once i get moved into my new place i will definitely take a gander at this mouse, i refuse to do wired after going wireless.

70 hours is plenty to put it on the dock each night, thats insane.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Have these good quality wireless gaming mice been around long enough for people to know how these batteries hold up in long term use? Thar's one thing that would hold me back from investing in these wireless mice. A good wired mouse can last 10+ years.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I've had a Diamondback and 3 DeathAdder after the revisions, the Diamondback was really solid but wore down after a long time. The DeathAdder were okay but developed the double click issue that seems to be easily common on Omron switches. I'm done with Omron and hope to move to Huano switches but I'm tempted to give these Optical switches even if they're Omron. Only bad thing is the Razer Synapse 3 software caused a lot of issues on my PC setup, I managed to get by with Synapse 2 but I don't know if I could get away with that on these newer mice.

Hmm interesting, as far as I remember my Razers never had a double-click issue but yeah if that's what Roccat has been using too that explains alot. I heard my G502 uses them too but so far it seems fine. I actually use Synapse 3 for my mouse-pad and aside from it not liking my USB-hub it seems serviceable so far.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Have these good quality wireless gaming mice been around long enough for people to know how these batteries hold up in long term use? Thar's one thing that would hold me back from investing in these wireless mice. A good wired mouse can last 10+ years.
That's one great thing about the G305, it uses a AA battery so you don't have to worry about battery degradation (or whatever it's called). Seems like people like to use a AAA battery with some kind of adapter though, to cut down on weight.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from being wireless, the dock and a DPI increase over the wired Viper, what other upgrades does this model have?

Looking into getting a setup like this, what peripherals do you currently use? Are there any issues with that setup or is as smooth as it sounds?

I use a G703 , Powerplay mat, G613 wireless keyboard, and their G533 headset. Zero issues.

The powerplay pad can be expensive, but I got it on sale during black friday. I'd suggest waiting until then if you want to make the jump. Logitech usually has a lot of their good stuff on sale.

i have the logitech G Pro and the wireless pad.............i fucking hate this pad, thing doesn't charge half the time. The Pro doesn't seem to save the settings like my G903 did after one setup. It seems the G Pro uses software to activate everything. Which is annoying because half the time the new G Hub doesn't work.

Once i get moved into my new place i will definitely take a gander at this mouse, i refuse to do wired after going wireless.

70 hours is plenty to put it on the dock each night, thats insane.

Interesting. I've personally never ran into that issue. It's worked flawlessly for me since day 1. My only complaint is that it is a bit small, but I'd rather have the convenience of never worrying about charging my mouse.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
every single razor mouse I've had, the scroll wheel button eventually goes out. I'm baffled as to how 3 different razor mice, all from different product lines, can have the same problem. Any word on if they specifically have addressed this in their mice?

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Wireless are really great these days, I used g703 for a long time but switched to Model O for the weight+shape

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
every single razor mouse I've had, the scroll wheel button eventually goes out. I'm baffled as to how 3 different razor mice, all from different product lines, can have the same problem. Any word on if they specifically have addressed this in their mice?

I sadly can't answer your question but you made me realize I don't know if I can ever go back from the free scrollwheel on Logitech mice, that one is amazing for non-gaming use.