• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/technology/razer-game-store-to-cease-operations-11249614

That...didn't last long. Razer shuttered its digital game store less than a year after it opened in South East Asia.
razer-game-store-closure.jpg

Regarding the game purchases already made by customers, Razer explained in an FAQ in its press release that they will still work even after closure.
"We will be sending you an email with an archive of all your game purchases where you'll be able to activate them on Steam or UPlay at your own convenience," the company added.
The company added that it will still fulfill customers' pre-orders and that they can still use Razer Gold to continue to buy games online.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/technology/razer-game-store-to-cease-operations-11249614

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Well shit, I bought some games from there, they were steam, so there's no way I'm losing them, but losing a competitor is always bad.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Well, they did enter a pretty tough market. Razer is a huge company, though, so I'm sure they'll be fine.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Not very surprising. every week they had same 10€ off 20€ with coupon deal, you got with purchase you could use and then get another one in your inbox next day. no way that can be profitable.

This is almost certainly absolutely nothing to do with Epic.

Surely he was joking...

Mar 29, 2018
I literally just found out about this store and some of the crazy deals they would have

Guess they were one too many in an already diluted market :(

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
I bought a few game from there including Metro Exodus months ago. It's likely a result of many factors but they probably see the writing on the wall with developers moving away from Steam, and since as far as I know they only did Steam and Uplay they'd have trouble competing on new releases.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
That's a shame, they had a good few deals but did seem that people stopped talking about it quite quickly after the unveiling

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Sucks to lose them, but their deals were more often a miss than hit. You could receive a credit good for about a month, with the purchase of an "exclusive", but more often than not the price was jacked up a bit.

I guess it just wasn't working out for them.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
Disappointing. When they were giving out $15 coupons for their special deals, you could save a lot of money. By using said coupons for deals that gave me another coupon, I effectively saved $30 on a lot of brand new games.

Oct 31, 2017
The Blocc
Just checked my email, what a shocker. I didn't buy from them often tho, most of their deals were shitty. Less competition for GMG, Steam, and Fanatical then.

Xclash

Oct 25, 2017
That really sucks. Had some great sales on their website. Even managed to use two coupons during a Dragon Quest XI sale and get it for $28.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Dang, never tried them. I didn't think they'd have good deals because Razer stuff usually means expensive, sounds like I was wrong though.

Steam/GOG basically covers everything I need besides Forza and some online games though.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Dang, never tried them. I didn't think they'd have good deals because Razer stuff usually means expensive, sounds like I was wrong though.

Steam/GOG basically covers everything I need besides Forza and some online games though.

Well, they sold discounted Steam keys so it would have been good for you.

I got some pretty great deals there, when I look back at my history.