• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
When the director of Last of Us criticize your game for lacking player agency in missions you know you fucked up.

The Last of Us might be linear, but it's not on-rail like RDR2. In fact most of the levels are fairly open, small, but open.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
If the game really does have a list of problems and issues a mile long, how is it sitting on 97 metacritic?
(I haven't played it)

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the game really does have a list of problems and issues a mile long, how is it sitting on 97 metacritic?
(I haven't played it)

GTA IV is the third best game of all time according to Metacritic with a score of 98. Do you think many people actually agree with that?

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
(I haven't played it)

Because metacritic doesn't reflect a game's quality all that accurately?

A 97 game is about as good as a 92 game, they are all within the same range, there isn't really any difference.

God of War got a 94 on metacritic, does that mean the game is 3 metacritic ''points'' worse than RDR2? of course not.
Nobody plays RDR2 and then immediately says ''Wow this is totally 3% better than God of War!''

Last edited:

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
(I haven't played it)
I've been playing it since release. Very, very slowly, because I'm only in chapter 4:) (and I've abandoned it for a couple of weeks when I bought VR headset). And have to say, that there are some things that RDR2 does perfectly. And I love its slower pace. But many gameplay - and narrative - mechanics are just jarringly bad or simply pointless. This game is far from perfect and in my opinion reviewers who gave it 10/10 are victims of Rockstar mass hysteria. Right now it's a solid 8/10 for me. And it probably won't change, because I won't encounter different game mechanics.