• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
God I hope I have some free time soon so I can rejoin this.

mu cephei

Oct 26, 2017
Well gosh, the title has a colon in it rather than a dash. I would like to argue that not only is a dash more appropriate, but it also looks so much better.
Every time I see the challenge titles, from now until years to come, it will be as nails on a blackboard, fork prongs on a china plate.

(apparently there's a word for this feeling in Spanish, "grima")

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
Not going to have any time for the next two weeks for revisions or anything so here's my entry:

Last edited:

choodi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Yay, I'm early for once!

#entry (I guess this will aid in searching...)

The start of something new

Next week is going to be hectic for me, so I thought it would be a good idea to get an early start.

My story turned out to be way more philosophical and emotional than I intended, so I am keen to hear the feedback.

Rask

Oct 25, 2017
That's a beautiful banner, nice work. I need this after the colossal mess that was Nano! Turns out I'm not as effective of a pantser as I thought I was and I'm a poor planner. Gonna have to reconcile one or the other soon! But in the meantime I'm always up for pantsing a CWC!

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
I always wanted to jump on board this train at the old place. Not sure if I'll be in for this round, but I plan on tossing my pen in the ink soon.

Palas

Oct 29, 2017
Most definitely will join this - maybe even today, too, as I can't sleep.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I think I finally have a good idea for this! Pity that it fundamentally requires me to use two locations so I won't be able to fulfill the secondary requirement (even though both locations are small).

Wait, another idea now, as I was thinking about the title for the first idea. Now which do I write?

Last edited:
OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What kind of jerkass sets the word count at only 1,500?
ALL OF US
Okay, I think I finally have a good idea for this! Pity that it fundamentally requires me to use two locations so I won't be able to fulfill the secondary requirement (even though both locations are small).

Wait, another idea now, as I was thinking about the title for the first idea. Now which do I write?
Write both, submit the better one.

Oct 25, 2017
Boy oh boy, I've got nothing. If only there was a time I could write with some other folks from Era in a nice organized 2-hour space at let's say 3pm est on Sunday and get some work done while also having a fun chance to shoot the shit a bit. If only there was some kind of writing hangout like that, the kind of writing hangout made accessible by the Writing Era Discord where I could either use a mic or text to chat with other people at this specific time on Sunda. If only we did something like that...

Last edited:

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
After having not paid much attention to the internet over the past year or two, I'm very glad to see this is still going. Hope everyone has a saner and more manageable 2018.

The Fire is Fine

Oct 25, 2017
For those looking for some time to devote to writing, we'll be holding a writing hangout on the Writing Discord in a little less than an hour and a half. The way it works is we do cycle between 10 minutes of chatting to half an hour writing and we do this for two hours. Mics are encouraged but not required. If you need a link to the writing discord feel free to PM me.

Nezumi

Oct 25, 2017
Hessen, Germany
Wait... less than an hour and a half... I think I messed up my timezones. I thought it would be in two hours...

Though I'll probably make it anyway, might be a little late...

Rebel-TT

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Tobago
Hi all,

I've always wanted to write novels. I have five in planning stages. All that said, I have no formal training in writing. I'm a vet by profession and scientists usually get a bad rap when it comes to the English language. I also enjoy logic and math. I think I'm far removed from my emotions. I experience life vicariously.

Anyway, I'm eager to participate here and get some candid, constructive, feedback from my fellows ERAers.

I'm a bit nervous, but be honest and direct.

Thanks much. I think it's a fantastic idea for a thread.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/skkoc86g9mej5iv/An Escape.pdf?dl=0

Edit: Final update to clarify a particularly difficult bit of speech to interpret. Last edit.

Last edited:

choodi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Hi all,

I've always wanted to write novels. I have five in planning stages. All that said, I have no formal training in writing. I'm a vet by profession and scientists usually get a bad rap when it comes to the English language. I also enjoy logic and math. I think I'm far removed from my emotions. I experience life vicariously.

Anyway, I'm eager to participate here and get some candid, constructive, feedback from my fellows ERAers.

I'm a bit nervous, but be honest and direct.

Thanks much. I think it's a fantastic idea for a thread.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zil7qjqwsnypmjp/An Escape.pdf?dl=0

Edit: made a couple slight changes in the document.
Don't be nervous. This is one of the most welcoming groups on ERA (and the other place).

Ashes

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hi all,

If it helps, you'll not be the first scientist in this thread. And the other one's a damn good writer too.