• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which RE engine game are you most excited for to play in pc vr?

• Resident Evil 2

Votes: 49 32.0%
  • Resident Evil 3

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Resident Evil 7

Votes: 32 20.9%
  • Resident Evil 8

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • Monster Hunter Rise 😅

Votes: 23 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
With the recent Resident Evil 4 oculus quest 2 release and Capcoms overall disinterest in releasing their games in vr on pc a capable modder named Praydog took took matter into his own hands and he's finishing his RE engine to VR mod including motion hand controls.
As a pc vr fan I'm excited to finally get my hands on this (it's been quite a while since I was excited for a VR game) and the recent Resident Evil games are perfect for VR. Re 7 vr never came to pc officially but with this we get finally some good ass Res VR action and it will look and play phenomenally.

And it seems like the mod will finish up soon, there are people already getting their hands on the early build and it looks very promising. There's no release date but the progress it made is impressive in a short amount of time.

Here's some early footage:

And if you ever wanted to see Monster Hunter in VR there's even footage of that since it also uses the same engine.

Update:

Here's another video and it appears the mod is most likely released with support for all REsident engine games.
Now it's just a matter of time.

2D0BASy.png

Last edited:

Okada

Nov 8, 2017
That Resident Evil 2 footage looks really great, I'm going to have to try and get that set up this weekend.

Kemono

â–² Legend â–²
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm quite sure that we're going to see more of these kind of games when PSVR 2 is released.

Resident Evil 4 VR shows that you can sell "old" games again for 40$ this way.

I'm all up for it.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Man, I was so disappointed when Capcom said RE7 was a timed exclusive to PSVR, only to then completely forget about it for PC, even when it expired.

Glad the mod community is dedicated.

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
some of the bits I remember from RE7 might actually give me a heart attack in VR. I wonder if these mods could lead to first person modes for 2-4.

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
im so happy but so scaredd. im a vr enthusiast but im also so scared i dont know if i can play them that way and survive

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
i can't imagine for the life of me playing MH with motion controls. Wouldn't really work tbh, with how the combo systems are. Still, would be amazing to explore the environments that way.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
One hell of a clickbait title grrrr

this is cool but I think the special-ness of VR comes thru when the games are build ground up for it. It's the interaction with the world, the physics, and specific UI designs that really makes VR games shine.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I love pc modders. Just hope they don't get hired by Capcom and forced to stop their VR mod like what happened to the MotherVR guy working on Halo VR for MCC (with motion aiming etc). Was so excited to play that eventually but now they work for 343 and can't work on the mod any more.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The problem I can forsee with fan mods is there won't be any safeguards for VR sickness will there?

RE7's comfort options were very accomodating.

OP
OP
Yudoken

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
Didn't notice but I've forgot to add "on pc via mods" in the title, if a mod can just add it that would be great. I've revised the title a few times while writing and formatting the thread on my phone first and forgot to add them back.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Excited for this. I've wanted to play RE7 in VR on PC for a long time, and being able to do it in the other games as well (especially RE8) will be awesome. I hope the cutscenes aren't too weird though.

Didn't notice but I've forgot to add "on pc via mods" in the title, if a mod can just add it that would be great. I've revised the title a few times while writing and formatting the thread on my phone first and forgot to add them back.
If you report your original post, a mod will edit it for you.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Are there any videos of this mod being used with RE7 and/or RE8?

We_care_a_lot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Summerside PEI
Extremely skeptical that this will be a fun experience for me. I think RE4 shows that the way to go here is a full, from the ground update. Even re7, while awesome, just felt off in VR.

I'm all for VR mods of non VR games, some of the greatest experiences I've had were mods but I think I've been spoiled by the likes of RE4 and Alyx. I want the real thing and there is no reason for publishers not to give it to me. I think RE4 will sell millions on quest which should pave the way for more and more ports. Here's hoping.

The next thing I'm excited for is the system shock 2 remaster in VR. It's being made internally and it will have full vr implementation. Super Pumped.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
sT2cDj3.gif

But in VR is a giant nope from me

giphy.gif

Man, I don't know how the hell Rise would even work in VR without sending you to the hospital with all the Wirebug movement you do in that game. That sounds kinda dangerous!
I think if they tried, it would still be third person with regular controls ala Astro Bot or Lucky's Tale. The way MH works wouldn't really translate to a full 1st person 1:1 motion control situation. Well....I have ideas of how you could make it work, but it would be better to be it's own thing.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Looks too good to be true, and usually these mods take awhile to get the bugs worked out, and for them to all be releasing around the same time is also kind of crazy. Not really complaining since it's free, but I hope they aren't rushing this.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
I like the idea, but mods, especially in vr, really are not my cup of tea; more often than not too unpolished to enjoy the whole experience.