• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So while the Bethesda hullaboo was going on someone posted in the PC gaming thread:

*eyesemoji*

I'll use the Bethesda chaos to just say...

MGS and MGS2 are coming to PC (again)

*runs away*

Potterson was later verified in the thread via a mod:

Potterson has IIRC had a few leaks before, and seems like they might be on a PR mailing list, so these are likely to be announced soonish.

He clarified in the thread it's actual Metal Gear, Metal Gear Solid, and Metal Gear Solid 2, but does not know if it's a bundle or sold individually. I've tagged him in case he has any additional info to share re: their status or console ports.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Nice. MGS1 needs a full on remake though.

As much as I love MGS as a franchise, playing MGS1 is a pretty large barrier to entry for new players especially younger generations.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
ive played the first level of mgs 1 pc and it was pretty good looking in hd. that was a long time ago tho. would be nice to finally beat it

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it, I can't imagine making those old, awful PC ports work now is significantly easier than porting the entire MGS collection.

But then again this is Konami.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I really enjoyed playing the old PC port of MGS1. MGS2 PC port was trash, never managd to play it on my old rig.

Deleted member 34873

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Sure, I guess I'll give Konami more of my money for me to realize once again that I don't actually like MGS1-3's gameplay.

Deleted member 60989

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Hmmm... If these are the original ports, I hope they are at least DRM-free on GOG. Also... not portbegging but... how about releasing a collection on this little hybrid machine... you already have ports of MGS2 and 3 for the Nvidia Shield... 😥

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Seems weird to only re-release MG, MGS1 and MGS2.
Could have at least added MGS3 to this.

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
The original PC port of MGS was heavily flawed with various issues, I just hope this is a newer attempt at it.

CNSBarry

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that it's just MGS1&2 would suggest its the original ports fixed up to work on modern OS'

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Given that 3 is missing I'm guessing it's the old PC ports which makes this lame

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
So while the Bethesda hullaboo was going on someone posted in the PC gaming thread:

Potterson was later verified in the thread via a mod:

...Really? That's how it went down? This got to be the shadiest rumor drop I've seen lmao

I'm not doubting the mod check, just that it's the most casual I've seen of this sort.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised, GOG will probably bundle them with the compatibility patches to make them work on modern hardware.

I think DF Retro covered the MGS2 port, and with modern fixes is not as bad as people think, it's pretty decent.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Just port the Legacy Collection and be done with it. Twin Snakes I guess if MGS1 is too "old" to include.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
...Really? That's how it went down? This got to be the shadiest rumor drop I've seen lmao

I'm not doubting the mod check, just that it's the most casual I've seen of this sort.

mgs-theresmoretolifet5rjrf.png

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
1 and 2? That's a weird combination. I know they both had PC versions back in the day, but I would have thought any modern releases of MGS on PC would be the HD Collection.

I mean, day one all the same if it's true.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to cave and buy it on the epic game store because of course the ports will be moneyhatted.