• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which game(s) will you buy?

• Resident Evil 2

Votes: 764 47.7%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 325 20.3%
  • Both

Votes: 427 26.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 85 5.3%

• Total voters

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
KH3 will be a priority for me mainly because it's a brand new game while RE2 is a remake of a game I already played. Buying both day one just RE2 for later

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely RE2, but I'm too busy with Tales of Vesperia either way.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Both. GCU + Reward Zone certificate let me buy RE2 Deluxe edition very cheap. And I've had KH3 preordered for four years after a price error or during Amazon's Prime discount days.

But I'm probably more likely to play RE2 first. I just did a KH1 run (well, almost) and I'd still like to revisit KH2 before touching this one.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both! Though I'm waiting a bit on RE2. Want that $10 reward cert that I'll get from picking up KH3.

JCADX

Oct 29, 2017
I ended up buying both (found RE2 por around 40 euro in Spain), but KH3 is the main priority for me.

LTG

Nov 4, 2017
Only RE2. Kingdom Hearts has never appealed to me and the amount of Games you need to have played just to know what the hells going on with the story seems so daunting

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Only RE2. RE is one of my favorite series, whereas I've never played a KH game (though I may someday, eventually).

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eventually both, but I've waited for KH3 for nearly fourteen years (though of course I've played the other titles), so that takes priority.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Probably both, but I might skip RE2 for now because the demo didn't really spark much interest from me.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Maybe neither. RE2 shooting feels wonky with bullet sponge enemies that didn't feel as egregious when it was fixed perspective, but it feels weird now to pump 5 headshots in a z to kill it.
I haven't followed KH story since 2, and what little of it that I've been able to glean from conversation on this forum makes it sound pretty terrible anyway. I'm waiting for reviews to let me know if it's fun enough despite that to be worth my time.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
There was a thread on this topic a couple months back, but as both release in less than two weeks I don't think it's bad to gauge this now.

Both are really different games, apples and oranges here, so really it depends what type of game you prefer. Of course though as a horror enthusiast who specializes in PC gaming, Resident Evil 2 is the one that has won me over.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
RE2. I only beat the first KH and after playing the "One Shot" demo last night, I was fully hooked. The game looks and feels amazing.

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
There was a thread on this topic a couple months back, but as both release in less than two weeks I don't think it's bad to gauge this.

Both are really different games, apples and oranges here, so really it depends what type of game you prefer. Of course though as a horror enthusiast who specializes in PC gaming, Resident Evil 2 is the one that has won me over.
But there's so much darkness in kingdom hearts /s

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
I love KH a lot but RE (if i had to choose)

(I am getting both of these installments)

Last edited:

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, this is the best January ever in gaming imo thanks to both of these games.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Resident Evil 2 Claire, then Leon, then Kingdom Hearts 3 NO SLEEP TILL PLAT.

...Then more RE2 until Anthem.

sschol

Oct 27, 2017
No More Heroes for sure!
(I'll also be picking up RE2, very excited. Haven't played KH yet, so that'll be some other time)

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
RE2 is a no brainer on day 1, with KH3 way farther down the line after it's discounted and has had a few content patches.