• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
The latest Famitsu issue has more in between-the-lines information about RE2 it seems; during the interview with the developers, they discussed multiple things such as replayability, redesigns, the E3 demo, etc. However, the developers were incredibly secretive and quiet when asked about Ada's involvement in the remake, but they did share one tiny bit about her redesign: that it was one of the hardest redesigns they had to do, and it was even harder than Claire's (which they have stated was incredibly difficult and went through many iterations)

As for Ada Wong, they have confirmed she will be a big part of the game, but outside of that, Capcom is remaining mum. Even when discussing the different character redesigns, they were careful to simply acknowledge her existence and move on.
Ada Wong will of course also appear in the game, but the developers were coy about her. While they can't share anything about Ada's appearance in the game, they worked very hard on her design and it was very challenging. They were extremely particular about her, and finding her design was even more difficult than Claire's.

She will be revealed at a later time.

Bonus:
Funnily, in the E3 demo of the game, it was possible to leave the police station, but apparently, no one noticed, so it wasn't publicly shown. The game will be playable at Tokyo Game Show, and the developers encourage attendee to take a look outside the police station this time.
Apparently in the demo you can leave the police station? Do they mean like explore the city or just out in the entrance? Because if it's just the entrance, I'm fairly certain people already did that lol

Source #1 Source #2

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
Can't we just, uh, play Resident Evil 2 to get a pretty good idea of her "involvement" in the game? How much are they changing in the remake?

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Yeah I've seen people leave the station in their demos too. Can't wait to see Ada and what they done for her appearance, also her voice.

Can't we just, uh, play Resident Evil 2 to get a pretty good idea of her "involvement" in the game? How much are they changing in the remake?

Capcom are calling this a reimagining, they're changing a lot while keeping the core aspects of the game. It's more than a remake now.

OP
OP
AdaWong

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
Which makes them being secretive about her more suspicious imo. Literally this is their first time even acknowledging her and they were incredibly vague and kept it moving quickly lol. Every one of the big 4 characters got a reveal of their redesign except for her, all we got is a shadow of a trenchcoat in heels.

Yeah I've seen people leave the station in their demos too. Can't wait to see Ada and what they done for her appearance, also her voice.
I'm both terrified and excited for that too. It's not Sally, Courteney neither Megan, so I'm crossing my fingers the new VA does the "calm, smooth and mysterious" voice right without sounding too forced. Thankfully her voice actresses have all been 3/3 for me (with Sally being the GOAT) but I guess we'll see how this one plays and sounds.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I'm both terrified and excited for that too. It's not Sally, Courteney neither Megan, so I'm crossing my fingers the new VA does the "calm, smooth and mysterious" voice right without sounding too forced. Thankfully her voice actresses have all been 3/3 for me (with Sally being the GOAT) but I guess we'll see how this one plays and sounds.

Absolutely what I'm feeling too, the smooth and mysterious aspect of her voice has to remain. Sally Cahill is still the best but the VA in 6 nailed it too.
Gosh you got me worried about it now I totally forgot that (as far as we know) everyone is going to be a new voice actor.

OP
OP
AdaWong

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
Ada didn't need much of a redesign at all so I hope it's not too drastic.

RIP the Kung Fu shoes
_resident_evil_2__ada_wong_xps_only____by_lezisell-d6sw5eo.png

DID YOU MAKE A THREAD ABOUT YOURSELF
YES I'M BORED I have no new jobs to take on. My main clients are all dead and The Organization wants nothing to do with me so all I got is free time on the internet smh

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Sounds like they're changing a lot more in the plot than expected if Capcom wants to be so tight lipped about it. Maybe Ada's playable?

Jan 4, 2018
Yeah people definitely left the station, I remember Ben Moore of EZA (pretty sure it was him) talking about it in his E3 impressions.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get Ada a full campaign, and I really hope they splurged and got Li Bingbing for the face and mocap.

She was one of the few good things about the film franchise.

OP
OP
AdaWong

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
Since we're on the topic of her designs, let's take a look at how many fucking times we got a "RE2 redesign" before we actually got a RE2 remake lmfao:

The OG one

The one with gun holsters, spy gloves, ammo holders, and a utility belt because that's not a giveaway that you're actually a spy not a civilian AT ALL

The one where she's damaged as fuck and on a race against time to escape a city yet rocks those heels anyways

The one where she goes full blown spy and doesn't give a shit about looking like a "civillian" anymore

The one where she's in a zombie outbreak and decides to sit in a parking garage so focused she has her tongue out shooting at dogs

Or last but not least, the most elusive one yet...

It's about time this remake happened, huh?

OP
OP
AdaWong

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
It's funny. I've played the game multiple times and I barely remember. It was only for a few minutes wasn't it?
She's actually playable in two segments! The first one is when Leon boosts her up the shaft. You play as her and solve the crates puzzle, get Leo the key and optionally explore an elevator to get him shotgun shells. The other segment is when he takes a bullet for her and you chase down Annette (where Ada literally slaps Annette to her death, followed by a "too bad!" gesture -- most hilarious RE2 scene ever)

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Since we're on the topic of her designs, let's take a look at how many fucking times we got a "RE2 redesign" before we actually got a RE2 remake lmfao:

The OG one

The one with gun holsters, spy gloves, ammo holders, and a utility belt because that's not a giveaway that you're actually a spy not a civilian AT ALL

The one where she's damaged as fuck and on a race against time to escape a city yet rocks those heels anyways

The one where she goes full blown spy and doesn't give a shit about looking like a "civillian" anymore

The one where she's in a zombie outbreak and decides to sit in a parking garage so focused she has her tongue out shooting at dogs

Or last but not least, the most elusive one yet...

I like the little we can see of the remake design, it's like she's wearing a trench coat (which will probably come off or torn off during action sequences).

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

Hahaha oh man that last one. That "evolution of Ada" made me sad as it went on. What were they thinking, why did she need her tongue out like that while shooting a dog?

And oh yeah she also pushed the boxes like Sherry did.

Whoops sorry, I was talking about Claire's face. Just shows how much I loved RE3 haha.

Lol yeah you and me both. RE3 <3

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Can't she just look like she did in RE6? I mean Ada never seems to age. I hope they don't change her face too drastically like they did with Claire.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

Capcom are calling this a reimagining, they're changing a lot while keeping the core aspects of the game. It's more than a remake now.
So which version is canon?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
So which version is canon?
Which version of what ? RE2 ?

Like REmake, I think both versions will be canon as their own separate entities. I don't expect capcom to radically change the plot of the game/franchise for it to become a question of which is more canon for the rest of the franchise.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Never seen this one, and apparently its from ORC so that makes sense. I like it, but the best is her RE4 spy gear.

I also like that they're keeping quiet on Ada. Mystery is one of her best assets.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

Like REmake, I think both versions will be canon as their own separate entities. I don't expect capcom to radically change the plot of the game/franchise for it to become a question of which is more canon for the rest of the franchise.

It's just reminds me of Alien Directors Cut to Aliens. The Alien DC having the Alien turn crew members into eggs and Aliens having the Queen lay eggs. I often see people ask which is canon Alien theatrical or the director's cut. They both are.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017

I'm pretty sure the OG Resident Evil isn't canon anymore.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
While I doubt it, I hope she's not whitewashed.

I am 100% sure that won't happen. She's a very prominently Asian character in all her half a dozen + different appearances. Capcom will have to be reaaaaaally stupid to whitewash her.

I'm pretty sure the OG Resident Evil isn't canon anymore.

IMO it's just as canon as REmake. Nothing that was added specifically for REmake has had any major impacts on the franchise that the OG and how it's story spawned into the future games wouldn't have covered.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
I am 100% sure that won't happen. She's a very prominently Asian character in all her half a dozen + different appearances. Capcom will have to be reaaaaaally stupid to whitewash her.

IMO it's just as canon as REmake. Nothing that was added specifically for REmake has had any major impacts on the franchise that the OG and how it's story spawned into the future games wouldn't have covered.
Lisa Trevor.

Without her, Wesker's scenario in UC where he escapes the mansion can't happen.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
edit: erased due to nit relevant to discussion and to avoid derailing.
On topic i dont think ive disliked any of Adas designs, so im not too worried , and i dont have an issue with claires new design. for its few missteps i still think its a great improvement over her original design, which i never cared for.

Last edited: