• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Update:

Biohazard 0 HD Remaster
File size: 13.6GB

Biohazard HD Remaster
File size: 16.2GB

Biohazard 4
File size: 12.0GB

Oct 25, 2017
Update:

Biohazard 0 HD Remaster
File size: 13.6GB

Biohazard HD Remaster
File size: 16.2GB

Biohazard 4
File size: 12.0GB
The greatest thing about this is if the theory the US version is true and they are using a 32 GB since there's no mention of a digital download for the origin set, that means we could've had RE1 and RE4 as the bundle and RE0 as the digital only and people would've been a bit less pissed off about all this.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The fact they're being so mum on new features does not have me thinking these will be worthwhile ports in that regard. I'm sure they'll run fine, but it doesn't seem like they'll have anything to earn that extra $10 on price. You'd think RE4 having Gyro would be one of the first things they mention on any page.

Yet the only new feature has been that RE0 has all its DLC. Which are just costumes.

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
$55 on NZ store ... I'll wait on a sale like Rev 2

f59.gif

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's up on the UK store now, too, and they're £30 each.

This is ridiculous. I love RE4 a lot, it's my favourite game of all time, but that's twice what I paid for RE4 on the PS4 and it wasn't even on sale! I don't get what they're thinking. I would've been okay with £20, but £30 is actually asking too much for a fifteen year old game.

I'll wait for a sale or something and just replay it on my PS4.

Speculation: RE Origins Collection is on a 32GB game card
OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
Just Zero, with Resident Evil 1 bundled in as a download code, is getting a retail release in the US and Japan.

That hasn't been confirmed yet for the US.

You see, after speaking with cvxfreak it is possible that the Resident Evil Origins Collection for the West may be using a 32GB game card to hold both RE0 and REmake.

If you see my last post update Biohazard HD Remaster is bigger than REmake because the former has extra content called the "Wesker Report 1&2", one contains 15 minutes of video, the other contains Hi-res images.

It seems that combining the file sizes gives 29.8GB which is the limit of the 32GB game card. Note: A 32GB game card is in decadecimal notation aka 32,000,000,000 bytes. When it is read by a computer that uses binary notation, it reads that 32,000,000,000 bytes as 29.8GB.

It's possible both games combined in Japan push just above 29.8GB by a few megabytes but that shouldn't be stopping Capcom from making a 32GB game card, so I think they just feel it wouldn't sell much in Japan so they went with the cheaper alternative of BH0 in a 16GB cart and BH1HD in a download code.

And before anyone asks, yes, Biohazard HD is 16.2GB but that doesn't mean it needed 200MB shaved off to fit a 16GB cart. Again 16GB is 16,000,000,000 bytes, this is exactly how it happens with the Switch's flash memory or the SD card you bought for example. So when a computer reads that 16,000,000,000 bytes in binary notation, it becomes 14.9GB.

Onto the main point, with how all the Resident Evil games are priced at $30 each and that GameStop is listing the Origins Collection at $60 without any disclaimer of a download code raises the possibility that the games are expensive because Capcom is actually shelling out money for 32GB cards. (Here's the last Capcom game where it states a download code in the package)

REmake + RE0 is 14.4GB + 13.5GB = 27.9GB
That means it's possible to fit both games in a 32GB game card.

Of course this raises more questions than it answers, why is RE4 digital only for $30 and not on a cart when Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is $30 and will be using a 16GB game cart on its physical release?

My assumption is them releasing all 3 games on the same day but I honestly don't know.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017

You see, after speaking with cvxfreak it is possible that the Resident Evil Origins Collection for the West may be using a 32GB game card to hold both RE0 and REmake.

If you see my last post update Biohazard HD Remaster is bigger than REmake because the former has extra content called the "Wesker Report 1&2", one contains 15 minutes of video, the other contains Hi-res images.

It seems that combining the file sizes gives 29.8GB which is the limit of the 32GB game card. Note: A 32GB game card is in decadecimal notation aka 32,000,000,000 bytes. When it is read by a computer that uses binary notation, it reads that 32,000,000,000 bytes as 29.8GB.

It's possible both games combined in Japan push just above 29.8GB by a few megabytes but that shouldn't be stopping Capcom from making a 32GB game card, so I think they just feel it wouldn't sell much in Japan so they went with the cheaper alternative of BH0 in a 16GB cart and BH1HD in a download code.

And before anyone asks, yes, Biohazard HD is 16.2GB but that doesn't mean it needed 200MB shaved off to fit a 16GB cart. Again 16GB is 16,000,000,000 bytes, this is exactly how it happens with the Switch's flash memory or the SD card you bought for example. So when a computer reads that 16,000,000,000 bytes in binary notation, it becomes 14.9GB.

Onto the main point, with how all the Resident Evil games are priced at $30 each and that GameStop is listing the Origins Collection at $60 without any disclaimer of a download code raises the possibility that the games are expensive because Capcom is actually shelling out money for 32GB cards. (Here's the last Capcom game where it states a download code in the package)

Of course this raises more questions than it answers, why is RE4 digital only for $30 and not on a cart when Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is $30 and will be using a 16GB game cart on its physical release?

My assumption is them releasing all 3 games on the same day but I honestly don't know.

I kinda hope this is the case, because then at least I will be bothered to pick up the Origins Collection, even if it's priced more than I would like. REmake not being on the card would make the overall package nearly worthless to me, but having both on the same card makes it worthwhile enough imo.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

We'll see. $60 is steep, but if they actually bothered to opt for a 32GB card to get both games on cartriidge, I'd be definitely nore willing to pick it up.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017

Have there actually been multi game carts for the Switch? I know that there is supposed to be support for it, I just haven't seen it.

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
Have there actually been multi game carts for the Switch? I know that there is supposed to be support for it, I just haven't seen it.

Lol no, that would be stupidly expensive.

That's why publishers have been releasing half games where you download the other half since it's much cheaper while waiting for the 16GB/32GB game cards to go down in price.

Have there actually been multi game carts for the Switch? I know that there is supposed to be support for it,

Wait, what? Do you mind repeating what you said more clearly?

Because what you initially said sounded like multiple game carts inside one Switch case which is what I thought you were talking about.

And I want to make sure you're not talking about having different Switch cartridges for different regions because that's already a thing despite Switch being region free. Not every Switch game will have a global SKU. Puyo Puyo Tetris for example is not the same SKU in the US as it is in Japan.

Last edited:

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia

I read that from cvxfreak, but even if financially could be a bit weird (initially, producing two things would be more expensive than one), my first thought was two 16GB carts.

For example, REmake is 15.26 on PS4, and here it seems to be shaved a bit to go under 14.9. Zero is 11.31 on PS4, and they seem ok to go a bit further (but under 14.9). If they would have needed both combined to be under 32GB carts size limit, Zero size wouldn't have gone up, no?

That would explain the Japan situation, as the Biohazard size doesn't fit a 16GB cart. And for Zero, as it's the same SKU in USA, they will be printing the same way for Japan and USA, just changing the sticker (see cvxfreak response below).

Then we have 4, which size has also been increased a lot (9GB on PS4, 12GB for Switch). It would still be possible to fit it on a 16GB cart, but they aren't doing it… Maybe the Origins Collection situation has "forced" them to set this price also up? 🤔

Last edited:

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
And for Zero, as it's the same SKU in USA, they will be printing the same way for Japan and USA, just changing the sticker.

None of the three ports are the same SKU in Japan as elsewhere. I bought all three SKUs from the JP eShop, but the NZ eShop doesn't recognize the same three games as having been purchased (with Revelations 1 and 2, it didn't matter where the game was bought).

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
None of the three ports are the same SKU in Japan as elsewhere. I bought all three SKUs from the JP eShop, but the NZ eShop doesn't recognize the same three games as having been purchased (with Revelations 1 and 2, it didn't matter where the game was bought).

Oops, I thought that would be the case for 4 and REmake/Biohazard HD, but I was under the impression that Zero was the same worldwide.

Thanks, I will update my post.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
How easy is it to get a digital copy of the Japanese RE4 on a US Switch? I heard it's not as gory as the US version but still has an English option.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
How easy is it to get a digital copy of the Japanese RE4 on a US Switch? I heard it's not as gory as the US version but still has an English option.

The Japanese version has no English options. (I bought it from the eShop, which only lists Japanese as a supported language)

You can still buy it if you have a JP eShop account and the requisite means of funding the purchase (JP credit or PayPal, eShop credit, etc.)

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I'd easily pay $60 for both games to be on the cart. Same goes for RE4.
Fingers crossed

I hope that's the case.
Was the conversation with cvx private? I'd like to get a bit more detail if possible.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The Japanese version has no English options. (I bought it from the eShop, which only lists Japanese as a supported language)

You can still buy it if you have a JP eShop account and the requisite means of funding the purchase (JP credit or PayPal, eShop credit, etc.)

Okay, thanks for the info.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
First Resi 0 on cartridge, now $30 bucks. Saying all the wrong things lol

Was hyped for these but I'll skip or wait for deep sale.
Smh expensive ass ports on Switch.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Woof. Well I already own several copies of RE4 I'm not playing. I can wait for a sale.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
CVXfreak said this earlier but what if they are holding out on RE4 to release it on a bundle with RE5?

It makes no sense for it to not have a retail release here when DD is.

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
CVXfreak said this earlier but what if they are holding out on RE4 to release it on a bundle with RE5?

Sure, it could happen, you can fit RE4 (Switch) and RE5 (Switch port of PS4 version with no changes) into a 32GB game card.

I don't know if Capcom would actually do it.

I also checked that you can't fit RE5 + RE6 (Switch port of PS4 version) into a 32GB game card. So you could also get a situation where you get RE5 on a cart and RE6 as a download code but, RE5 would need to be compressed in size to fit a 16GB game card anyway.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Should these be $19.99? Yeah it would be nice. If you think about it though, just skip buying a banana the next time you're at the grocery store and bam there's your 10 bucks. Problem solved.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, it could happen, you can fit RE4 (Switch) and RE5 (Switch port of PS4 version with no changes) into a 32GB game card.

I don't know if Capcom would actually do it.

I also checked that you can't fit RE5 + RE6 (Switch port of PS4 version) into a 32GB game card. So you could also get a situation where you get RE5 on a cart and RE6 as a download code but, RE5 would need to be compressed in size to fit a 16GB game card anyway.
It's weird.

They did compress REV from 18GB to 12GB for Switch but didn't do it for REV2, RE0 or RE4.

RE4 actually increased in size!

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If all three were 30 total, id buy. But since its not. Nope, i have definitive version of all on pc anyways

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Just like GameStop, the Amazon listing doesn't mention any download codes

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P6MF2PF/
With them going live on the US eShop tomorrow, I'd imagine we'll get more details then. Ideally, they are on a 32GB game card, as it would justify the price a bit more, but I'm not ready to assume the best case scenario is playing out considering costs are still ridiculous for 32GB game cards & no game but DQ Heroes has used one.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
It's £10 too expensive. Now if it comes with additional content like Mario, Zelda and Metroid costumes I'd be happy paying extra. I'll wait for a sale price.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
$30 each is uhh....a little high.

im down for RE4 if it goes on sale or if later in the year new releases are just dead.