• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kooj

Jan 19, 2019
Give MCC owners a steam key for CE-4. I'll pay for Reach since they are taking the Play Anywhere cop-out.

Remember: Killer Instinct released before Play Anywhere.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping it would be play anywhere just for synchronization of achievements. I don't want to 100% those again, I still have to do the Xbox version but just laso/playlist ones remaining.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Man I like this new Microsoft.
yup and it seems it was 100% a Phil and 343 choice too

m9xsoq.jpeg

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Crossplay should be an easy solution... Just do a toggle. Make the default non-crossplay (since console is at a big disadvantage, not just in terms of controllers but of everything else, like FOV). I don't understand what they are trying to figure out with that.

Already signed up, can't wait.

It should be an option but I'd probably make it be on by default.

yup and it seems it was 100% a Phil and 343 choice too

I hope they do this for their other stuff. MCC was probably somewhat of a special case, but games like Gears and such would benefit a lot from the bigger community instead of dying on the vine in the windows store. I think MCC will probably sell a bunch though, which can't hurt.

Last edited:

Slowsonic

Feb 25, 2018
They want those double dippers. Makes sense. It's a lot of work to just give away the game to all current owners.
I doubt that's the reason, especially they hinted 'they are looking into options for current owners', I believe it more due to technical issues as MCC came out before PA program. remember PA isn't just 'free PC copy', it also has to include cross save/cross progression.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
God I hope the Play Anywhere comes into effect. It would suck having to buy the game again after picking it up digitally.

Fingers crossed the tests start next month after Sekiro stops distracting me :D

Halo on PC again what a time.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
God I hope the Play Anywhere comes into effect. It would suck having to buy the game again after picking it up digitally.

Fingers crossed the tests start next month after Sekiro stops distracting me :D

Halo on PC again what a time.
It already said in the OP that it won't be, but they're looking into doing something for current owners.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder if you do get selected guys. Leave as detailed feedback as possible, the faster they can ID and fix things the faster we get to the full release.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Signed up and ready to go

The lack of play anywhere is also a bit disappointing... I guess it was either launch on the MS Store with play anywhere, or sacrifice play anywhere to keep the Steam users happy.

Advance_Alarm

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Just to be clear, if we have signed up all that's left is to wait? If so, I'm ready. I may watch some reruns of Halo machinima to pass the time.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
I feel like running the tests through Steam should be getting more attention.

The first place you're going to be able to play a bunch of Halo games on PC is via Steam. That's wild.

It's awesome. But it's wild.