• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
The final are not over so I can't direct link the video yet but I will when I get the chance, but during the grand finals members of 343 (ske7ch, Bonnie and Tashi) came out to talk about the MCC on PC.
There is already a thread, but for those of you who want to test, sign up here

Here is what we now know about the PC version

-Reach test will be happening sooner than people think
-The test is actually ready to go, they just need a large amount of signups
-The Tests will take place on Steam
-The Title is NOT Play Anywhere but they are looking into options for current owners of MCC
-There will be a big AMA on reddit this Tuesday!
-There will be no crossplay with XBO at launch, 343 themselves WANT to do it, but they
1) Want the game to be finished before doing it
2) Want the community to tell them that they want it (this read to me like they want to community to tell them HOW they want it implemented)

UPDATE: Video Interview

Last edited:

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
well since the site is getting absolutely hammered maybe they should start tests tomorrow morning ;)

If they do...

my-body-is-ready.png

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
They want those double dippers. Makes sense. It's a lot of work to just give away the game to all current owners.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
It really sounds like they are doing all the right things with this. I'm sure the community is going to want crossplay, so let's hope there's an elegant solution that can be agreed upon for it.

Still super excited to play Halo on the PC finally.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
It really sounds like they are doing all the right things with this. I'm sure the community is going to want crossplay, so let's hope there's an elegant solution that can be agreed upon for it.

Still super excited to play Halo on the PC finally.
-Toggle in MM options for ranked/social
-Toggle in custom games browser when you create or are looking for servers
-Automatic in everything else

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
-Toggle in MM options for ranked/social
-Toggle in custom games browser when you create or are looking for servers
-Automatic in everything else
I'm all for toggles and keeping things optional for stuff like that. I'm sure there are people on both PC and console that would prefer to only play with others on their same platform.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I am really loving their pro consumer approach to this, it really feels like they are putting the players first.

Even if I didn't enjoy Halo I would probably support them out of sheer principle for the way they are handling the PC space.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I am really loving their pro consumer approach to this, it really feels like they are putting the players first.

Even if I didn't enjoy Halo I would probably support them out of sheer principle for the way they are handling the PC space.

I think they know they need to get it right. They know the past. And with PC gaming getting a big focus now within MS and Xbox being in "control" of it more. Its needs to have a good first impression. For Xbox and PC gaming and Halo itself. You can say they released other games also on PC in the last years. But this is Halo and Halo is a sensitive subject regarding PC.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I think they know they need to get it right. They know the past. And with PC gaming getting a big focus now within MS and Xbox being in "control" of it more. Its needs to have a good first impression. For Xbox and PC gaming and Halo itself. You can say they released other games also on PC in the last years. But this is Halo and Halo is a sensitive subject regarding PC.
Well that and 343 has just had an AMAZING year this year in regards to community good will, so they are keeping the ball rolling on that :)

Detail

Dec 30, 2018

Agreed and I think Phil Spencer and the developers are doing a fantastic job here.

Honestly it's refreshing to see that they not only care about giving PC players a choice but also involving them in the decisions that are made going forward.

This is the kind of thing I am fully in support of and it's honestly surprising to me that MS are taking this approach considering the past and how (imo) rough windows 10 and forced updates etc have been.

It finally feels like they are listening (at least on the gaming side of things) and for that alone I am incredibly excited about the future.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I want to join the insiders program on Xbox, but am a little less than comfortable joining the Xbox insider program. I've heard a lot of stories of the program corrupting hard drives and messing with the console in general. Does anyone know if it is relatively safe to joint?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
They'd better be right on the test flights coming soon. The announcement last Tuesday was huge, and I can easily see the hype from it fizzling away before launch.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I want to join the insiders program on Xbox, but am a little less than comfortable joining the Xbox insider program. I've heard a lot of stories of the program corrupting hard drives and messing with the console in general. Does anyone know if it is relatively safe to joint?

It was already covered in the other thread, this is separate from the Xbox Insider program and is strictly for Halo games, not Xbox updates.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, this is not the console insider tests. It's safe to do this for the video game tests

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It was already covered in the other thread, this is separate from the Xbox Insider program and is strictly for Halo games, not Xbox updates.
Yes, this is not the console insider tests. It's safe to do this for the video game tests

When signing up for the Halo insider console flight, it specially says that in order to be considered for the Halo insider program, you need to be a member of the Xbox insider program.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
When signing up for the Halo insider console flight, it specially says that in order to be considered for the Halo insider program, you need to be a member of the Xbox insider program.
Yes, but you have to opt-in for the console updates, you can be a part of Xbox Insider without actually doing the updates.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Not being a Play Anywhere title is a total bummer.
I hope they will at least add the PC version to game pass.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good enough, I am not expecting a release date though
They seem to actually mean "ready when it ready" it wont get a release date till the community and them decide it is ready to ship. Since it's starting with Reach though, I am going to say August for Reach to go live on the Steam store.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Crossplay should be an easy solution... Just do a toggle. Make the default non-crossplay (since console is at a big disadvantage, not just in terms of controllers but of everything else, like FOV). I don't understand what they are trying to figure out with that.

Already signed up, can't wait.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Opted in. I only played Halo: CE and 2 because I never had a Xbox. I hope they will pick me but chances are low because I never played the later ones.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
They are probably going to give it a full week for the sign-ups and then start sending out emails for testing in 2-3 weeks if it's really "ready to go" ( I believe in Ske7ch)

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
After being kinda away from Halo for a good while, it blows my mind a bit to see Tashi up there, happy for him! <3

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
It not being a PA title annoys me. I won't be buying it again unless it's heavily discounted.

They should do something like they did for Minecraft. $5 (maybe even $10) upgrade fee for current owners.