• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now I get that we've been debating and theorizing over which candidate can best represent the Dems in 2020: Oprah, Bernie Sanders, Kamala Harris, Mark Zuckerberg, Joe Biden, Kirsten Gillibrand, etc. But hear me out, I think OJ might be the guy that can take on Trump.

Ask yourself, who is Donald Trump and how did he get elected president? That's easy, he's a rich New Yorker celebrity that was able to appeal to the working-class Americans with economic anxiety. That's OJ! He can be our Trump! OJ is a rich New Yorker (Buffalo specifically) and a celebrity (Trump starred in Home Alone 2, OJ starred in The Naked Gun). Plus we know thanks to his fame and non-threatening demeanor that he can appeal to the white working class that the usual coastal elites representing the Democratic Party have discarded:

People will bring up the trial, but how many damn scandals has Trump been through and escaped when it comes to skirting the law. Trust me, it won't hurt Juice in the slightest if he hit the campaign trail two years from now. The biggest concern I would have is if he can appeal to Republican voters in the Bible Belt, but I think he can siphon some voters away from Trump in those states.

I think he's got a shot. OJ/AC 2020, baby.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
There is no way in hell OJ could win. Even if OJ didn't have the fact he's a minority holding him back, the trial alone is enough to sink him. A lot of people still think he's guilty.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Murder is pretty bad compared to sexual assault so I don't think so, plus he took out a beautiful white woman. Ain't nobody at Fox News having that.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Almost fell for it OP

Simpson 2020
"if the Jury is correct, you must elect!"

Last edited:

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This would be the sequel to Juiced we always deserved.

MV5BMTg5NzA2ODE0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjM5NjYxNA@@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Being completely honest here (and I know the OP is pretty facetious), OJ vs. Trump... I'd sit out.
Probably leave the country too.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is no way in hell OJ could win. Even if OJ didn't have the fact he's a minority holding him back, the trial alone is enough to sink him. A lot of people still think he's guilty.
What does this even mean?

He may not be "guilty" in a legal sense, but he absolutely murdered Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
Obama won and he's the most spotless candidate ever, for a person of color. Hilary lost even though on records she's more than qualified. What make you think OJ has a shot?

OP
OP
Bronx-Man

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obama won and he's the most spotless candidate ever, for a person of color. Hilary lost even though on records she's more than qualified. What make you think OJ has a shot?
Obama and Trump showed us you need a candidate with charisma to beat the odds. OJ has that charisma in spades.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
White people won't vote for OJ.
Black people won't vote for OJ.

I doubt he'd take a stab at-- goddammit.

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
Realistically speaking, after Trump an inanimate object could win the presidency.
inanimate-carbon-rod.jpg

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
I never thought about but can someone whose been to prison even run for President?
I believe as long as you weren't convicted for treason, yes. Also, assuming he has the ability to vote. Some states don't allow felons the right to vote, and I believe you are required to be registered in the party you are running for office in, in order to file for office.

No clue if running as an independent would skirt that.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I never thought about but can someone whose been to prison even run for President?

I'm pretty sure they can. I believe the Constitution only requires that the candidate be of a certain age, have been a citizen for a certain amount of time, and that they actually reside in the US.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
OJ could win on the platform of pro-murder, but it would take a specific set of circumstances. OJ wouldn't win by default.

He's a household name still, that's all that matters to Americans.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
I can't even imagine the thought process behind such a question. No offense OP, but it's only January and this wins the most absurd question of the year.

The answer is, absolutely not. OJ murdered 2 people, acquitted or not, he fucking did it.

Ohh and he also just got out of prison, so there's that.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We really got down to the bottom of the pit when we considered putting the defendant of the century's judgment, a self-confessed assassin, to defeat Trump because of his appeal to the working class

Status
Not open for further replies.