DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
eUykj9k.jpeg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEJuNHOd8Dw
REBEL MOON — PART TWO: THE SCARGIVER continues the epic saga of Kora and the surviving warriors as they prepare to sacrifice everything, fighting alongside the brave people of Veldt, to defend a once peaceful village, a newfound homeland for those who have lost their own in the fight against the Motherworld. On the eve of their battle the warriors must face the truths of their own pasts, each revealing why they fight. As the full force of the Realm bears down on the burgeoning rebellion, unbreakable bonds are forged, heroes emerge, and legends are made.
From Zack Snyder, the filmmaker behind 300, Man of Steel, and Army of the Dead, REBEL MOON is a 2-part movie event decades in the making.

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
I see a lot of things happening but unfortunately I lack the critical context to understand them because I haven't yet seen the extended edition of the first film which probably contains the character development.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The guy with the totally not a lightsaber backing up is killing me

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the first one and saw it in theaters with my squad (who LOVED it), will try to do the same with the second. Hope we get robot dude to wear even more funny hats in this movie

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Love seeing them trying to make Ed Skrein's character menacing and an imposing threat, it ain't working Zack.

Every actor involved in this deserves better.

edit: It is also nice to see that Snyder must've realized it was dull to give the villain a club and the hero a gun-of-significance(but not really), so they'll now just fight with not-lightsabers.

Last edited:

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I do want to watch both movies but just waiting for the extended instead. I guess there's no release date scheduled at all?

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
I love that he saved all the good stuff for the second movie, and we got all the boring stuff out of the way in the first movie.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
so the whole first movie was just assembling the seven samurai and now this movie is the defending the village portion? looks somewhat entertaining, but I was holding off on watching them until his directors cuts were out that he keeps talking about.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
So the reason Snyder uses slow motion is because his action choreography looks like shit in regular motion

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Maybe some character development? Also the fucking depth of field, everything looks blurry as shit like army I mean cmon

Oct 27, 2017
Is it really much of a fight when one side is an intergalactic army with undoubtedly the ability to bomb the other side from orbit, but they'll go down and put themselves at a disadvantage and fight on the ground instead? I'm sure those ~200 farmers plus six mercenaries will put up a fierce resistance.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Is it really much of a fight when one side is an intergalactic army with undoubtedly the ability to bomb the other side from orbit, but they'll go down and put themselves at a disadvantage and fight on the ground instead? I'm sure those ~200 farmers plus six mercenaries will put up a fierce resistance.
Excuse me they're not just mercenaries

They're REBELS

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
action looks better this time around, but who the hell knows? snyder would probably have 3 oscars if trailers were a category

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
If you like someone fighting their way down a hallway, have we got a movie for you!

I cracked up at the grunt just batting the gun out of her hand.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Snyder might be the worst most successful director ever. Reply with better candidates Era lol

Apr 27, 2020
The fight scenes look really telegraphed and slow, or is it just me? And I don't mean the slo-mo shots either. Like "bad guys waiting to get hit" slow. Especially compared to a recent, similar sci-fi movie

6c68cee18ffc03c9b26bf4dd94f11b1c0619fdbb.gifv

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
If you like someone fighting their way down a hallway, have we got a movie for you!

I cracked up at the grunt just batting the gun out of her hand.
He did this in Watchmen too lol

Though in Watchmen, Larry Fong was DP and Damon Caro was fight choreographer. In this trailer, it just looks off.

Oct 28, 2017
I thought the first film was fine but it still feels like this is missing like an hour of story to fill in the gaps.