• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tormented

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
www.tmz.com

'Recess' Voice Actor Jason Davis Dead at 35

One of the heirs to the Davis fortune has died at the young age of 35.

Jason "Gummi Bear" Davis -- who voiced Mikey Blumberg on 'Recess' for years -- has reportedly died.

The voice actor -- who's also the grandson of the late Hollywood billionaire mogul Marvin Davis and Barbara Davis -- passed away Sunday in Los Angeles ... according to a family statement provided to THR. The circumstances around his death are unclear for now.

Jason's mother, Nancy Rickel, tells the outlet ... "I am so heartbroken to share the saddest news of my life that my son Jason Davis passed away this morning in Los Angeles."

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Damn :( sucks. RIP.

great show.

I believe there were reports of him doing drugs throughout the years. Might be an indication.

I salute you, Mikey!

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Holy shit, I didn't realize he was an actual kid voicing that character and I always assumed he was an adult playing that role. He and the other kids were apart of my saturday mornings for years. RIP.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
That's a major bummer. Don't do drugs, children.

It was always very cool that Recess had so many actual children play the characters. The only one among the main cast who wasn't played by at least a teenager was Spinelli. Hey Arnold was mostly (or all?) kids as well.