• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up, but you should add a stipulation in your OP that you need to say "why" these games describe you, as list threads aren't really allowed here.

Oct 27, 2017
DMC4
Persona 4 or 5
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Halo Reach
Jet Set Radio Future

(Not I any particular order)

Ragona

Oct 26, 2017
Bloodborne
World of Warcraft
Divinity Original Sin 2
Battlefield 3
The Witcher 3
solid mechanics, some story and rpg mechanics would keep me busy forever

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Witcher 3
Last of Us
Mass Effect 2
Half life 2
Modern Warfare 2 Campaign

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ghost Trick Phantom Detective
Undertale
Splatoon (2)
The Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild
Pokemon whichever.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Stardew Valley
Rainbow Six Siege
Forza Horizon 3
The Witcher 3
Alan Wake

Indie, Competitive, Racing, RPG, Story-driven game.

To be honest: I can play pretty much anything.

Alternative five:
Cuphead
Fallout 3
Red Dead Redemption
Life is Strange
Titanfall 2

Last edited:

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Any Pokémon game
Fallout (any)
Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age: Inquisition
SimCity 4

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
DJ Max Respect
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Gran Turismo Sport
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash

I play just about everything except sports games (and I even play a few of those too), with an emphasis on the quirky games that come out of Japan, plus a real love of cars and racing.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Zelda twilight princess
Super Mario galaxy
Super smash Bros melee
Bloodborne

That's all I can think of honestly don't have a 5th game. Most games are fun for a bit but easily get boring to me. But these 4 games I could play forever and not get bored ...maybe not galaxy but again I could discuss these games for a long time with someone

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like these are very different things. A list to get a feel for my tastes would most likely just be my top 5. But if you want to get a feel for me, you should pick the 5 most boring games you can think of.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Silent Hill 2
Metal Gear Solid 2
Guild Wars
Pokemon
Overwatch

Edit: this is hard!

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rocket League - Super low barrier to entry, effectively infinite difficulty ceiling.
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey - Punishing DRPG with a steady difficulty curve, solid gameplay, and generally without major pacing problems.
Nier: Automata - Extremely few games with a moderate budget which really explore videogame storytelling in a way that I like. The Nier games are one of those few examples.
Stephen's Sausage Roll - Simple puzzle game mechanics, explored to their extremely difficult limits. One of the best designed puzzle games of all time.
Crimzon Clover - Excellent top down STG with over the top effects, and mechanics which reward an aggressive playing style.

Not my top 5, tried to make my list as varied as I could. Also, list threads are bad, so people should try to explain themselves.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
God of War 1 (PS2)
God of War II
God of War III
God of War : Chains of Olympus
God of War : Ghost of Sparta

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
Ninja Gaiden Black : Love the game. A perfect mix of top notch combat and level design.
Devil May Cry 3 : This is the game that made me a believer in action games, period. It has everything: style, awesome content, surprises, epic boss fights, replay value.
Soulcalibur 3: While the second in the franchise is viewed as THE Soulcalibur game to get, I chose nr. 3 for it's huge single player content. With the way VI is shaping up, I might change it to that later on.
Red Dead Redemption: I still feel this is the best open world game ever developed by R*. Way ahead of it's time regarding details and physics.
Okami: Amazing game with a unique premise and a beautiful art style.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis
Shining Force 3 Scenario 1
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Metroid
Breath of Fire 3

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Chrono Trigger
Nier: Automata
Deadly Premonition
Bloodborne
God Hand

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy 9
Kingdom Hearts 2
WoW
Yakuza 0
Life is Strange

Strong narrative, RPG elements and great characters.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
I think it would be:

Chrono Trigger (to best show off my JRPG interests)
Mario Galaxy 2 (to demonstrate "joy" as my most valued part of playing games)
Resident Evil 4 (as an example of more mature games that I also value, which still emphasise gameplay more than story)
Super Mario Bros 3 (as a flat-out reminder that 2D games can be a blast)
And Breath of the WIld (for its sense of adventure, and as my favourite game of all time)

Oct 25, 2017
My top 5 (all are pretty much gameplay driven and I would count Dark Souls as my number 2 game of all-time, but I'll leave that out due to its similarities to Bloodborne)

Bloodborne
TLoZ: Majora's Mask
Resident Evil 4
Ninja Gaiden Black
Super Metroid

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
We should probably try and avoid this being solely a list thread, as the question is legitimately cool. My five would be...

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - Because it's the best SRPG out there, and that's my favourite genre.

Kingdom Hearts - Mostly for the weirdly melancholic atmosphere and the soundtrack, which both influenced my taste a lot.

Virtue's Last Reward - I fuckin' love crazy twists.

Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - Because I really love SRPGs, and putting FFT feels somewhat redundant when TO: LUCT is already here.

3D Picross Round 2 - Cause puzzle games are great too!

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
Dark Souls 3
Wind Waker HD
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Uncharted 4/The Last of Us

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
Spelunky
Wario Ware
We Love Katamari
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Stephen's Sausage Roll

ask me next week, the list will be different

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Megadrive version of Tatsujin. Why? Game is hard as balls but more manageable than the arcade version (or the thoroughly unfair PCE version). It's also a Sega conversion to boot so it's prety much perfect. I still play this game weekly

Thunderforce 3 MD version (bonus points for the 3D version and the CD audio Saurn version, avoid the AC/SFC version at all costs). Game is incredible, can be super hard on Maniac difficulty, had a bawler OST

Thunderforce 4/Lightning Force MD version (bonus points for the suuuuuuuuper expensive Saturn version and its cd audio). Game is downright beautiful, the best 16 bits era shmup (sorry PCE fans), had an insane soundtrack and incredible bosses

Turrican 2 Amiga version (super bonus points for the cery memorable and unique ST soundtrack which I love go death). The epitome of the Turrican games, all the other games pale compared to that one (including the Super NT exclusive Super Turrican DC). Chris Hulsbeck at his best, open ended levels full of secrets and exploration (despite the timer which should have been removed), incredible level design, enemy variety, fair and balanced difficulty, shmup levels (and very good ones at that). Dem graphics!!!

World of Warcraft : this game stole 600 days of my life over the past 14 years (yes, that's 600+ /played on my main). Incredible music, atmosphere, design, gameplay, lore, questing. Seeing the game evolve over the course of the main game and 7 expansions is just so good, so rewarding

TLDR :

Tatsujin Md
Thunderforce 3 MD
Thunderforce 4 MD
Turrican 2 Amiga
World of Warcraft

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
Demon's Souls
Destiny
Xcom (anyone, incluinding the originals)
Persona 4
Nier Automata

Dec 14, 2017
Devil May Cry 3
Dark Souls
Resonance of Fate
Destiny 1
Nier Automata

All games with strong writing attached in some way(yes, even D1), subtext everywhere, and nothing really told through traditional exposition. It's all narrative implication and inference. To me, all these games give the mind lots of digest and chew on in the back of the head. They're contemplative, welcoming, and are manifestations of human struggles.

Honorable mention; Transistor

Ging

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Final Fantasy VII
Nier Automata
Silent Hill 2
Metal Gear Solid 2
Killer 7

Introspection, games about the 'Why' not the 'What'. Hope that makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.