• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryouji Gunblade

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
California
If you're interested in something different, there's the 2011 Korean film, Sector 7 that takes place on an oil rig.

663d2a539c866ad4ac8a89dc80c177e3.jpg

Edit: I guess it isn't on Netflix anymore. Oops.

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
I found Netflix pretty lacking right now sadly. Had to go to Vudu and buy better movies instead.

I'd recommend The Nightmare. It is a slick documentary style film about real people's experiences with sleep paralysis and night terrors. Moody, tense, and spooky.

Ive had sleep paralysis forever and thought they could have done much more beyond shadow people and interviewing a grown man that had episodes as a child. I could list off a dozen better sleep paralysis nightmares easily.

Last edited:

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Awful opinion. It wasn't supposed to be scary. It was more period drama with some psychological thriller to it.

And...it's bad. Bad acting, particularly the central performance from Thomas Jane which has maybe the most over-pronounced accent in the history of film, too many rat scenes, bad acting from the younger stars. It goes on and on and not in a good way. It looks nice at times, but that's about it.

I'm not representing myself as the definitive review on this film, but I think most people who watch it will have a similar view. It's not good.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
And...it's bad. Bad acting, particularly the central performance from Thomas Jane which has maybe the most over-pronounced accent in the history of film, too many rat scenes, bad acting from the younger stars. It goes on and on and not in a good way. It looks nice at times, but that's about it.

I'm not representing myself as the definitive review on this film, but I think most people who watch it will have a similar view. It's not good.
This the first time I read of a complaint against its acting. Most reviews more criticized its character development and comended Thomas Jane's portrayal of an intelligent nebraskan farmer. Its your opinion and all, but I'd say objectively its not terrible acting. Its at least OK and at most good.