• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been borrowing my brothers PlayStation for a few weeks now and it's my first time being in possession of a Sony console. I've been with Xbox since the OG back in 2002.

All I can say is... wow

So far I've played TLOU remaster and SpiderMan, both absolutely amazing games. I know it's been said before but the Sony exclusives have really put MS to shame, they're not in the

I'm currently making way through Bloodbourne (doesn't seem to difficult so far, 20 heals and the ability to regain health from attacks? Lol) and really enjoying the lore. I've got Gravity Rush 2 on my list, Nier:Automata (I've got the OG XONE, so can at least play in 1080p on PS4), Persona 5 (not waiting for Royal) and TLOU2 lined up. Any other gems? I'm not really interested in GOW but it's near the bottom of my priority list.

I'm a big anime fan, so anything leaning in that direction would be cool as well (but not Ni No Kuni 2).

At this rate, I'm really tempted to get a PS5 this year, instead of a Series X.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You should give GoW a shot even if you didn't like the previous games. It's really different and absolutely amazing.

Apart from that:
- Death Stranding
- Concrete Genie
- Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy
- Until Dawn
- Tearaway
- Last Guardian
- Trails of Cold Steel is supposed to be great as well

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
At this rate, I'm really tempted to get a PS5 this year, instead of a Series X.

For me, it's the exact opposite right now, having gotten a One S(AD) for Christmas i was blown away by the value of game pass and how much more familiar (and better) the Xbox controller feels as opposed to the DS4 and i'm actually thinking about switching back to Xbox next gen. (something i wouldn't have done, prior to experiencing how much i enjoy a silent console with an Xbox controller 😅

Anywho - why are you not interested in GoW? i didn't care for the original God of War games at all, but the PS4 game absolutely blew me away.

Horizon is definitely something you could pick up for cheap.

JarlRaven

Nov 8, 2017
If you like anime styled games I would recommend Catherine Full Body Edition, Tales of Berseria, YS VIII, Dragon Quest XI, and Dragon Quest Builders 2

OP
OP
Legacy

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me, it's the exact opposite right now, having gotten a One S(AD) for Christmas i was blown away by the value of game pass and how much more familiar (and better) the Xbox controller feels as opposed to the DS4 and i'm actually thinking about switching back to Xbox next gen. (something i wouldn't have done, prior to experiencing how much i enjoy a silent console with an Xbox controller 😅

Anywho - why are you not interested in GoW? i didn't care for the original God of War games at all, but the PS4 game absolutely blew me away.

Horizon is definitely something you could pick up for cheap.

Yeah the Xbox controller is definitely superior, no question about and GamePass is amazing but I'll be able to the next gen on my current console or on PC. I need to know and experience how SpiderMan 2 and TLOU2 play out!

Regarding GOW, I don't know, the whole premise didn't really appeal to me at all but I might give it a shot.

I recommend Horizon Zero Dawn, great game.

That's a good shout, thanks!

You should give GoW a shot even if you didn't like the previous games. It's really different and absolutely amazing.

Apart from that:
- Death Stranding
- Concrete Genie
- Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy
- Until Dawn
- Tearaway
- Last Guardian
- Trails of Cold Steel is supposed to be great as well

I'll defo add Uncharted series to my list.

OP
OP
Legacy

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you like anime styled games I would recommend Catherine Full Body Edition, Tales of Berseria, YS VIII, Dragon Quest XI, and Dragon Quest Builders 2

I didn't really click with DQXI but I enjoyed YS VIII on the Switch. I played Catherine in the 360 and had fun with it.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The Last Guardian and Yakuza Zero are my priority recommendations.

Death Stranding is also a remarkable exclusive. 428 Shibuya Scramble is also a lovely VN.

Last edited:

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
Tetris Effect

Since you've never had any past PlayStation consoles, I'd also recommend:
Nathan Drake Collection
Ratchet and Clank
Shadow of the Colossus
Journey