• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
Per RPGSite's translations, more on their article. Game was already on PC (Steam), and it had passed the 100K milestone previously.

It will also get a physical release.

010.jpg

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Game looks better than it plays, unfortunately. Finished in on PC a few months ago.

Level design isn't good and difficulty is all over the place.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know a damn thing about this IP but I'm in for Team Ladybug.

Synchronicity Prologue is the actual best SMT game of the 10s (Strange Journey is exempt from this criteria as it released in 2009 in Japan).

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know a damn thing about this IP but I'm in for Team Ladybug.

Synchronicity Prologue is the actual best SMT game of the 10s (Strange Journey is exempt from this criteria as it released in 2009 in Japan).
Some dude wrote down what happened in his D&D campaign and it became a popular anime.

That's not me snarking on it.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Touhou Luna Nights is a better game, but I still enjoyed playing this one. If it ends up on Gamepass like Luna Nights I will give it another go.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I got this on Steam when it came out of early access and didn't end up playing that much but I could be tempted to double dip if that book is an artbook, I'm a sucker for Hidari.

Apr 24, 2018
Touhou Luna Nights was definitely a wonderful surprise for me through Game Pass. I'll definitely pick this up on XSX at some point. Touhou Luna Nights was pretty short, is that also the case for this game? There are definitely times where I just want to play short games, and this may well fit that bill.

Oct 25, 2017
I already played it, as others have said it's not the best Metroidvania but it's gorgeous and if you are familiar with the source material then I easily recommend it.

It's also not that long, according to Steam I finished it in around 5-6 hours.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
Iga 's team and Team Ladybug should work together to give us the ultimate Metroidvania.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
This is what I'm hoping for. Heard too much disappointment about it to fork out dough until it hits deep discount otherwise.

The recently released Castlevania Advance Collection is the closest you'll get to SotN on Switch and it's available now.

Already have it, playing through CotM currently! I know RoLW doesn't *actually* play like SOTN, just making a joke due to the game's surface level similarities.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
While I don't consider this game to be very replayable, I have to say that it changed my perception of how a game like this should play. I feel that I (and probably many other people) have a really weird "style" to playing games like this in that I jump around a lot to negate how the game wants to stop me in my tracks whenever I attack. I also hate digging around in menus. Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth solves both of those problems, and it feels very fresh. It shows that you can think outside the box with respect to the amount of power you give players at the start of the game while still balancing that power with suitable obstacles. The level design is totally fine, and it's on par with or better than what you typically find in games of the same genre.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
The game is out on consoles. Anyone trying it?
Seems OK but doesn't control very smoothly. Jumping feels off. And mmaahbe it's a design thing, but it uses some crazy pixelation effect that reminds me of Puzzle Fighter HD, where the character models were just blown up sprites. I'll give it another go, though, just to get used to the controls at least.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
The game is out on consoles. Anyone trying it?
I've already played through it on PC through Steam, but I bought it on Xbox. There's constant screen tearing when the screen scrolls on Xbox Series X. It's very distracting.

Played a bit on Xbox and it good so far. It is pretty wild how much it's just SotN.
Which Xbox console are you playing on, and are you noticing any issues with screen tearing when the screen scrolls?

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Finished it in one sitting and really liked it, even better than Touhou Luna Nights.

This game is pretty much a SotN reskin with much simpler mechanics but improved combat. The level design is serviceable, and the difficulty is rather low except for the last four or five bosses, which can be a bit challenging.

I love how Team Ladybug keeps trying different ways to make metroidvania combat more engaging, and I enjoyed what they did here, but probably not as much as in TLN.

The only real peoblem I had with it was the constant screen tearing whenever the camera panned, both horizontally and vertically. Seeing every element on screen being distorted almost 100% of the time was pretty bad, not gonna lie. I played it on the Series X, and I hope other platforms aren't suffering from this.

Anyway, good short game. A bit flawed, yeah, but it has heart and isn't another metroidvania with Souls mechanics.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
I've already played through it on PC through Steam, but I bought it on Xbox. There's constant screen tearing when the screen scrolls on Xbox Series X. It's very distracting.

Which Xbox console are you playing on, and are you noticing any issues with screen tearing when the screen scrolls?
Playing on a Series X and I honestly haven't noticed it. I do have a VRR TV though so maybe that is why.