• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Literature:

A huge interview with Cory Barlog. The God Of War director talks about everything from getting into the industry to how he and his team brought back Kratos, one of PlayStation's biggest icons.

It's long and only came online around 9 minutes ago. So for those interested, sit back, relax and hopefully you'll enjoy it.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
I've seen Raising Kratos multiple times and I doubt this new interview will give me something new to the table.

Hell I even watched the comic con panel recently (almost missed it) and the gdc panels!

I will probably watch this eventually still..

Breakdown of what is talked about in the interview
OP
OP
Hey Please

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
An enumerated breakdown of what gets discussed in the video interview:

1. Small bit of Barlog's professional history
  2. How Kratos' fatherhood story is a reflection of Cory's
  3. How getting older across not only the team but the demographics led to the choices about where to take Kratos
  4. Perceived polarization of the new direction of the series both internally and externally
  5. Culture of trust withing Sony and agency of an auteur and where doubt fits in
  6. Conversation about the No Cut camera
  7. Games that inspired Cory
  8. How games have evolved and the repercussions of larger budgets
  9. Inspiration for Leviathan (the axe) as the default weapons over Blades of Chaos
  10. On whether Blades of Chaos was always destined to show up in the new game
  11. On how Faye was depicted
  12. On Cory's favourite moment from the game (this one surprised me)
  13. Whether Cory had anticipated the magnitude of success for the game
  14. On Cory's "Walkabout" when he exited Sony to work elsewhere and what he learned
  15. Balancing Cory's vision as a story teller against Player agency (technicalities and digital performance)

Several Eric Williams name drops in this video...

Noticed it, did ya? Yep, within the context where his name is mentioned, it pairs well with his previous tweet. Given the fatherhood story, I don't know whether Cory will let go of GoW's rein completely or whether E. Williams will be heading a parallel development on a different game altogether.

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
gonna watch it tomorrow thanks !

Any mentions on how Barlog plans for the future?

Oct 27, 2017
I just started watching this earlier and it's really good. I like all of the 'documentary' material they produced analysing this game.