• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheLastYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
How long does that take to affect somebody? I planned on trying small bits anyway.

Don't take more than the recommended dose in small bites. If you have a cookie and it's recommended to eat 1/4 or 1/2, you can take that recommended portion at once or in small bites but don't go beyond 1/4 or 1/2. I've seen people get bad trips on edibles by slowly eating 1 or 2 cookies over the course of an hour because it takes a while for it to hit you so they keep eating more thinking they needed a bigger dosage. I am around 210 weight-wise and it takes about an hour and a half to hit me if I have one after a meal.

Oct 31, 2017
Honestly I just remembered that high customers are the fucking worst, I'm sorry. Plenty of drive-thru customers have their cars reeking of weed too. Had to deal with a bunch of them today and they were all being obnoxious. Like please, enjoy it all you want, but don't drive, don't spread the smell everywhere, etc.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Tbh the prices don't even seem that bad. When I was in college it was $20 a gram. That was in 2003 dollars, so over $27 today using a CPI calculator. Most people would buy a half-eighth for $25 or $30 though.

Prices in states where it's been legal for a while have seen prices go down quite a bit. In Oregon, if you don't care about top shelf stuff, there's plenty of $4-$5 grams and ounces low enough to bring the after tax price for them to under $100. Even the absolute top shelf stuff rarely goes for much over $225-$250 per ounce. I'm sure that prices in Cali will drop over time as more rec shops open and competition takes off.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I suppose if cigarettes and alcohol are legal then no harm here. Don't care for either of em, though.

Deleted member 4541

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You ever hear of anyone sucking dick for marijuana?

B7zhcJWIYAAyJEf.jpg

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Oh whoops this wasn't already in effect?

Whoops

Oh wait, PURCHASING recreational

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
That's rad to hear that sentences can be petitioned. My state's doing thing's right as usual

Madness

Oct 25, 2017
California legalization is largely the reason Canada is effectively legalizing it nationwide because the market, especially in BC would have been ruined as Californians can now buy in shops. Washington state had a similar effect. Think about all the wasted time, prison costs, and creation of underground crime economies created because marijuana wasn't legal. All the fear of kids rushing to buy it has been unfounded in WA or Colorado. Anyone who wanted to do weed before was likely doing it, and those who weren't, weren't going to go and magically start buying weed. Good that they are going to allow citizens to have their records cleared or sealed if charged with a marijuana offence in the past too.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So does making it recreational and no longer a medical requirement mean the feds can raid dispensaries again?

numble

Oct 25, 2017
A 25-30% tax would be fair. 70 isn't
The voters approved the taxes.
This is a state where they also voted 64% to 35% to increase cigarette taxes to 65% of the wholesale cost:
https://ballotpedia.org/California_Proposition_56,_Tobacco_Tax_Increase_(2016)

https://www.boe.ca.gov/industry/cigarettes_tobacco_products.html
  • The cigarette tax rate increased from $0.87 to $2.87 per pack of 20 cigarettes. Please note, starting July 1, 2017, the tobacco products tax rate increased to 65.08 percent of wholesale cost.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Marijuana isn't a drug.

People have sucked dick for coke (I've seen it.) You ever hear of anyone sucking dick for marijuana?
I dunno if that's the right message. I've been using for the past 10 years, and while I'd consider it mostly harmless I don't know if you can actually say it's not a drug because you don't find it addictive.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Really don't get this narrative, so I'm assuming we should say the same about opiates too.

Criminalizing drug use doesn't deter it one bit. This country still has a massive epidemic of drug abuse despite it being illegal. It's not working, lets try something else (like focusing on rehabilitating and educating and mental health rather than feeling good because cops busted a guy with an 8 ball in his pocket).

Ilovehotmoms

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Tbh the prices don't even seem that bad. When I was in college it was $20 a gram. That was in 2003 dollars, so over $27 today using a CPI calculator. Most people would buy a half-eighth for $25 or $30 though.

Marijuana isn't a drug.

People have sucked dick for coke (I've seen it.) You ever hear of anyone sucking dick for marijuana?

Yes

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the marijuana ETF and it's up 15% in the last week. lol probably a bit of the "blockchain effect" (i.e. a stock related to something in the news goes up a lot that doesn't have anything to do with the fundamentals, like how an ice tea company added 'blockchain' to their name and went up 150%) but still marijuana seems like one of the best long term investments you can make right now. Gonna be legal all over the world shortly.

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are they charging at the rec stores? Im paying 10 bucks a gram for top shelf at my med place and feel pretty ok with it.

Javaman

Oct 31, 2017
Just be careful if you're also a gun owner. Certain states keep medical marijuana records and buying a gun means lying on the 4473 which can be enforced as a felony. (Less trackable with the legalization of recreational of course)

Until the Fed changes form 4473, you pretty much have to chose one or the other.

Trankz

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if there are any job opportunities related to this? Like delivery? Is there like an Uber Eats for marijuana lol? LA/OC area btw

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
HAs anyone in ca gone to a dispensary yet? Have the prices gone up? Do they have stock? I can't go till the end of the week and I'm a bit anxious lol

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Does anyone know if there are any job opportunities related to this? Like delivery? Is there like an Uber Eats for marijuana lol? LA/OC area btw
Yes the one on the top of my head is called Eaze

HAs anyone in ca gone to a dispensary yet? Have the prices gone up? Do they have stock? I can't go till the end of the week and I'm a bit anxious lol
This is from a text I got from my dispensary

MESSAGE FROM NEW GENERATION /
NEW GENERATION 21+ with ID Fresh Drop of $10 Grams All Day Every Day Open 7a-10p

MESSAGE FROM NEW GENERATION /

NEW GENERATION 21+ with ID: ALL TOP SHELF 1/8th are $45.76 Out The Door ADULT USE Fresh Drop of Pineapple Express, Kimbo Kush, Super Lemon Haze and many more $10 Grams All Day Every Day Open 7a-10p

Last edited:

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
I moved from Colorado to California 3 months ago. Didn't even realize it wasn't legalized yet. Lol

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
Up to a 70% increase, that insane!
Yup, that article is really acurate, at least what happened here in WA.

Find some local farmers or dealers, can get it organically grown for 50% off what store prices are. It's how I get all my bud.

For me top shelf would be like 250+ an oz, its 160-180 getting it from a dealer.

Also for buying good glass pipes or bongs, check amazon. Same bongs that are 30 on amazon are litearlly ~100 in smoke shops. Not kidding.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Man I don't smoke weed... but my cousin bought 2 Weed Cookies when they were first available YEEEARS BACK... and I'm a real life cookie monster.

Well... the cookie didn't have instructions on them. I ate it as if they were a regulae chocolate chip cookie. Kilt it!

My cousin and I had planned out our day and evening. We were going to watch Batman Begins at the theater then go chill at my boy's house then go out.

Fucking Batman felt like it was 8 hours long.. and at one part where Bruce was told his ancestors helped Harriot Tubman with slaves... I was laughing my ass off. WTF? lulz.

Then we went to my boy's house... felt tired as shit and passed out on the couch.

Years later I find out you're not suppose to eat those orginal weed cookies in on sitting. Only spread out... small piece by small piece. >_<

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any difference between smoking it and just ingesting it through food or whatever? I see they come in 10mg servings, what's a normal dosage?

You can tell I don't smoke, just curious. It's weird to think that after work I could just go buy pot legally lol.