• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
hVbsS85.gif

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
On one hand, no. One the other hand, at least EA hasn't forgotten about the franchise?

I do find it interesting, though, that it doesn't have the C&C branding to it.

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense. The series is very popular in Asia, each PC cafe has this series and it is so damn popular.

A shame the series has been reduced to this, I loved it allot back in the day and still do. Time to reinstall RA2.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy...

EA really lost the last bit of interest in this franchise.

Laughed out loud when this came up:

zwischenablage026krhc.png

Can't say they stole this image from Battlefield 1(because both are EA franchises) but wow... creative bankruptcy.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
Tencent? A part of me thinks this is based on the RA2 universe because it doesn't contain a strong japanese empire from RA3, rather than RA2 being the better-remembered game.

Jerykk

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Oh boy...

EA really lost the last bit of interest in this franchise.

Laughed out loud when this came up:

zwischenablage026krhc.png

Can't say they stole this image from Battlefield 1(because both are EA franchises) but wow... creative bankruptcy.

Red Alert 2 had blimps long before Battlefield...

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If people don't mind eastern games changing to pander to western players, I don't see why the opposite deserves such a reaction... :x

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Seems more like pissing on its grave than it being alive :(

A world changing RTS series reduced to a mobile game.

Yeah. Like that time EA released Dungeon Keeper on mobile. What a great live support for fantastic IP.

I mean this certainly isn't what I wanted out of C&C, but doing something in the mobile space can give a slimmer of hope for something else.
At this rate I hope we can at least see all the original westwood games given the HD treatment like Age of Empires has been getting. At least we have the
modding community going strong on the classics still.

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Finally, EA and Tencent are answering the prayers of the LOOTBOXES, F2P, NO SINGLEPLAYER, MOBILE ONLY fans.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not surprised to see this happen from EA and Tencent but
Seeing it be C&C Red Alert is upsetting to me as someone who loved RA2

Oct 29, 2017
When? I have to try it.

I still long for the good old days when I played it on my Xbox 360.

EA, please release the Xbox game on backwards compatibility. It will help invigorate the franchise in time for the mobile release.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Would be interested if we didn't already know it's going to be an awful Clash of Clans or Game of War clone.