• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
It does not rain nearly enough in RDO given how many legendary animals prefer that weather

It's damn near impossible to get the time right, the weather right, AND the RNG gods to work in your favor all at once.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
It does not rain nearly enough in RDO given how many legendary animals prefer that weather

It's damn near impossible to get the time right, the weather right, AND the RNG gods to work in your favor all at once.
Feels like a lot of the animals need some sort of timer spawn like X hour, the creature can spawn regardless of weather.
Its still up to a little RNG but there's still the other limits (like if you see the creature/interact with it, it wont spawn for 72 IRL hours or whatever that thing is) to make it a little more fair for people hunting them.

Even during the smaller lobbies/when i had solo lobbies i don't think i saw that one gator for over a week

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like a lot of the animals need some sort of timer spawn like X hour, the creature can spawn regardless of weather.
Its still up to a little RNG but there's still the other limits (like if you see the creature/interact with it, it wont spawn for 72 IRL hours or whatever that thing is) to make it a little more fair for people hunting them.

Even during the smaller lobbies/when i had solo lobbies i don't think i saw that one gator for over a week

yes

but also I've been riding around the god damn bayou like a lunatic for 3 days looking for this stupid panther and it won't appear no matter what >:(

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
yes

but also I've been riding around the god damn bayou like a lunatic for 3 days looking for this stupid panther and it won't appear no matter what >:(

I finally got the Ghost Panther yesterday while getting mauled by 2 regular panthers at the same time. Eventually he took off and started running towards Van Horn.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
I finally got the Ghost Panther yesterday while getting mauled by 2 regular panthers at the same time. Eventually he took off and started running towards Van Horn.

I love/hate how some legendary predators have back-up guarding them. Last night I sniped the sun gator from a distance, and when I went to collect the skin six or seven huge gators rushed me. Killed them all without dying but damn that was a tense minute. Amazed my horse didn't freak out and bolt.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
I love/hate how some legendary predators have back-up guarding them. Last night I sniped the sun gator from a distance, and when I went to collect the skin six or seven huge gators rushed me. Killed them all without dying but damn that was a tense minute. Amazed my horse didn't freak out and bolt.

I had that but also with another player trying to steal the skin from me. Basically it was a race to see who could get to the Lagras Fast Travel point with it first.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Is this online any fun? I tried it in the past and it didn't seem to have much going on. What does everyone usually do online

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Is this online any fun? I tried it in the past and it didn't seem to have much going on. What does everyone usually do online

It can be fun yeah I take long breaks but I always end up coming back there's bounty hunting treasure hunting running moonshine finding legendary animals plus story missions and pvp. You have to make your own fun so if you don't like that kinda stuff you might not enjoy it but if you don't mind it it's fun to goof in.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Daily Challenges on Series X are broken. The timer doesn't make sense and you will lose your streak.

I lost a 395 day streak the other day.

There are others that reported this on Reddit, but no official comment from Rockstar. Does anyone here have this issue? How is it on a Series S?

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Anyone on a PS5 finding the game randomly pauses and seems to have loading issues? I mean like anytime I first do something (like mount my horse) the game pauses and takes a while to do the action. Or sometimes when galloping the game will suddenly pause for a few seconds and then jerk forward. I don't know if it is the game needs a patch to work well on the PS5 or it is having issues playing from my external drive.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I spent 5k RDO cash messing with the character creator and I ended up making a great looking character using only preset face options like wide jaw and stuff like that. Turns out the key to not ending up with a baby faced character is to use a mix of weathered skin and sunburnt on the lifestyle section.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
RDO update announced expansion to bounty hunter 10 more levels more bounty targets hopefully new scenarios for catching them because 3 star bounties are fucking terrible compared to variety of 1 star missions. New Outlaw pass with 100 levels comes out next week.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Newswire announcement: https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...d-online-as-a-standalone-game-on-december-1st

RDO can be purchased digitally for $4.99 starting December 1 until February 15. Wording sounds like it's the full game download (up to 123GB) and story mode can be purchased/unlocked separately. I've been thinking about getting the digital version of the game and this could finally put me over the edge if the total cost isn't too high.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
When they introduced the daily system I honestly thought it was a tad too generous. That thought became increasingly more apparent as their anemic content schedule meant that players literally had fuck all to spend all that gold they were earning. Outlaw passes amounted to less than 2 weeks of casual dailies with the added one from the new roles at 2 or 2.5x multiplyers. Clothes were drop fed over MONTHS. 6 months of nothing minimum between updates. Anyone who played even semi regularly would be drowning in gold.

The horrible support feels like a symptom of the fact the game was never generating enough revenue because it's entire system of bonuses and freebies only ever benefited new players who would want gold to catch up. The main player base who are normally the whales want for nothing.

So I completely understand the fustration the player base feels for this stupid ass move after being ignored for so long, but at the same time I cant feel a lick of sympathy knowing those players yelling loudest on reddit are sitting on hundreds maybe thousands of gold. Enough to buy probably every bit of content rockstar will release for YEARS at this rate.

RDO is such a sad waste of an amazing world and systems that only rockstar could have fucked up because they literally have a golden goose in the other hand.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
When they introduced the daily system I honestly thought it was a tad too generous. That thought became increasingly more apparent as their anemic content schedule meant that players literally had fuck all to spend all that gold they were earning. Outlaw passes amounted to less than 2 weeks of casual dailies with the added one from the new roles at 2 or 2.5x multiplyers. Clothes were drop fed over MONTHS. 6 months of nothing minimum between updates. Anyone who played even semi regularly would be drowning in gold.

The horrible support feels like a symptom of the fact the game was never generating enough revenue because it's entire system of bonuses and freebies only ever benefited new players who would want gold to catch up. The main player base who are normally the whales want for nothing.

So I completely understand the fustration the player base feels for this stupid ass move after being ignored for so long, but at the same time I cant feel a lick of sympathy knowing those players yelling loudest on reddit are sitting on hundreds maybe thousands of gold. Enough to buy probably every bit of content rockstar will release for YEARS at this rate.

RDO is such a sad waste of an amazing world and systems that only rockstar could have fucked up because they literally have a golden goose in the other hand.

It's not uncommon to see posts on reddit where the player has 1000-3000 gold Rockstar was generous and people abused the fuck out of it. I don't think when Rockstar implemented the daily system they thought so much of the playerbase would accrue 100-300 day streaks. Even from just doing bounties you can ear 4-7 gold in a couple of hours if you know what your doing to max the payout.

Plus so much of the playerbase is so insanely cheap nothing Rockstar adds gets people to spend money and people cry about having to buy the Outlaw pass which returns your money. I know there's a pandemic going on but this has been a thing since RDO came out.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Saw the streak notice on reddit just now. Guess this is a decent way to take more breaks from the game. Sitting on 1250+ gold and god knows how many treasure maps so I'm good for a long time.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
The streak change doesn't bother me (I'm rank 350 or so and play regularly but I'm not much on grinding and I spend too much so atm I only have 100gb after getting my streak back up over 40 days now), what gets me is they kept talking up this "big" Dec update, gtao gets a map expansion and new heist that can be done solo while rdo gets a 10 level role extension and new outlaw pass? I seriously hope they're running behind and had to sideline most of this update cause as is... it's weak.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

wolvie28k33.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.